Posi Performance GT500 "Race Port"

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Alright I've gotten a local GT500 owner to donate their stock blower, plenum, and throttle body for me to port.

The car has been dyno'd for "Before" numbers but just like all of you I do not know them. Nor do I want to know. My tuner "Blankenship Tuning and Performance" got them last week. So we'll all be after knowing what this does for the car and lowering the IAT's. The rotors seem to be the exact same ones as a M112 unit also. So they're the same as the Cobra's, Lightning's, and the Marauders. (I have not measured them so don't quote me on that) Just a different inlet basically. The inlet is pretty large but can easily use some work along with the rotor lead-ins into the bore for the outlet. If anyone has any questions then just post them in here.

I'll have a complete list of mod's tomorrow as well. Still no hp/tq numbers though. Not until it goes back on the dyno and honestly I have no idea what they are.

I'll post all pic's as it comes along.:thumbsup:

Here's some stock pictures from a few minutes ago.

GT500project001.jpg

GT500project005.jpg

GT500project003.jpg

This is where a lot of the work will be getting done.
GT500project008.jpg

GT500project011.jpg

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
now this is a true test in my book:beer: and hopefully you will be able to answer the questions as they come to, i have seen another vendor just shy away from it completely:nonono:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Good Luck Brian! Lets hope for some kick ass numbers like the 03/04 guys are getting:beer:

I'm sure the owner will be a little anxious also. Along with a lot of us.

Can't wait to see the results, i'm sure it will be great numbers.

I sure hope so.

now this is a true test in my book:beer: and hopefully you will be able to answer the questions as they come to, i have seen another vendor just shy away from it completely:nonono:

I'll answer every question anyone will ask that I can answer.

nice posi! great results on our cars i couldnt imagine anyless for the gt500's.....great work! Im interested on seeing the results too:)

Thank you sir.:thumbsup:

I'm ready for some stats:pop:

I'll get the list of mod's in the morning from Blankenship. I'd love to ask for the before numbers but it would take a little fun out of it for me also. This will keep it a little more exciting to get finished asap.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Cutting will commence tomorrow and I should have more pictures some time Thursday for the Case. I'll do that first because it's a no brainer to show the pic's. Then the throttle body last.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks everyone.

Blower is roughed out now and just needs to be polished. I'll try and get it done latest Thursday and post pic's. I'll go out on a limb and say it should do pretty good once it's back together. If I can I'll get the throttle body and plenum done by then also.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Mods: Steeda cold air, 2.6 pulley, with tensioner, KR Axle Back, Heat Exchanger / Reservoir, Aluminum Drive shaft and Tune

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Alright the blower is 99% finished and is not cleaned up yet! Cleaned good enough for pictures but the bearings aren't flushed out.

Anyways I'm pretty pleased in how it's turned out so here's a few pictures. I'll have a couple pic's of the plenum in a little while.

GT500Port001.jpg

GT500Port002.jpg

GT500Port003.jpg

GT500Port004.jpg

GT500Port005.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Few strategic pictures of the plenum. Got a little creative with the pictures lol.

GT500Port006.jpg

GT500Port008.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Thanks Rich. How's your car coming along?

That blower looks better in person. The camera tends to show up all the little defects. I can "pretty" it up if you guys think it doesn't look great but power wise it won't make another 1hp honestly.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Check around the "rear" of that back bearing material in the inlet. Won't show up in the picture (barely) but looks like the back corner is gone to really help the airflow into the rotors around that back wall.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread