Cobra IRS Delrin control arm bushings

Cobra-R

Established Member
I drove Bruce's car last year at Gingerman and will attest to the improvement these bushings made. With the bushings installed, I think his car handles better than my car(95) with all the MM equipment. Thats not a knock on MM, it's a testiment to how good his car is.

Brian

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Bruce,

How quickly will these be available? I'll have the car apart here soon, so the timing is somewhat perfect.

Unfortunately, I only need a few of the complete list:

Upper and Lower control arms
Rear diff bushing

I already have solid front diff bushings, and urethane in the subframe (too much of a PITA to redo). I'll be adding swaybar bushings and endlinks also, with the possibilty of the MM bumpsteer for the IRS.

Stevo-reno

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Stevo:

What I'm being told by my supplier :poke: :read: :poke: is the end of the month.

You're the second person wanting control arm bushings only so we might have to think about not requiring the purchase of the "full set"?

I'll keep the thread posted with the status.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'll have a better idea on costs early next week, and will probably run a few spares of the individual parts to keep on hand.....work is very very busy, but I'm scheduling them into production this week....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
I'll have a better idea on costs early next week, and will probably run a few spares of the individual parts to keep on hand.....work is very very busy, but I'm scheduling them into production this week....

Ken:

You are Da Man!!! :pepper: :rockon:

JorgeG

Established Member
Hey Bruce

put me on the list! I am going to install T2R and change gearing so might as well do as much as possible in one job :shrug: . Keep me posted on pricing and availability. I would need complete set :pepper: .

thanks Jorge

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Update on production: The UHMW carrier bushings are being cut today, with the delrin following over the next few days....I had hoped to get them done last week, but it was the week from hell - our set-up man was out sick for 2 days, then a solenoid stuck on the machine, causing the brakes to drag, which ultimately burned up the rotor and siezed the calipers on the machine :fm: so, long story short, they should be all completed within a weeks time ;-)

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Interested in a set.
I currently have a set in my IRS'd 2001 Bullitt (with MM coil-overs on Koni SAs) and it rides like I got a pogo-stick under the rear. I have not had time to get under there as of yet but I believe it is bind causing the issue.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
JorgeG said:
Hey Bruce

put me on the list! I am going to install T2R and change gearing so might as well do as much as possible in one job :shrug: . Keep me posted on pricing and availability. I would need complete set :pepper: .

thanks Jorge

Jorge:

Just stay tuned here and they should be available soon? We prefer to keep these to complete sets but have had some requests for just control arm bushings. So we might break up a few sets to satisfy everyone?

NJ2000R said:
Update on production: The UHMW carrier bushings are being cut today, with the delrin following over the next few days....I had hoped to get them done last week, but it was the week from hell - our set-up man was out sick for 2 days, then a solenoid stuck on the machine, causing the brakes to drag, which ultimately burned up the rotor and siezed the calipers on the machine :fm: so, long story short, they should be all completed within a weeks time ;-)

Ken:

Sorry to hear about your week from hell too!! There's a lot of that going around these days! I think you just might be able to make delivery for a car going together the 11th of March?

johnny-longtors said:
Interested in a set.
I currently have a set in my IRS'd 2001 Bullitt (with MM coil-overs on Koni SAs) and it rides like I got a pogo-stick under the rear. I have not had time to get under there as of yet but I believe it is bind causing the issue.

Ah, the proverbial pogo stick. Classic symptom of bound up lower control control arms. Let me guess, you bought your bushings from the same guy I did!?! :fart:

Stay tuned folks!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ken:
Sorry to hear about your week from hell too!! There's a lot of that going around these days! I think you just might be able to make delivery for a car going together the 11th of March?

I hope so.......unless something else goes wrong! :dw:

For March 11, do you need a full set? or just the cradle and support bushings? I can send out both of those sooner (as they become available)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
I hope so.......unless something else goes wrong! :dw:

For March 11, do you need a full set? or just the cradle and support bushings? I can send out both of those sooner (as they become available)

PM sent!

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ah, the proverbial pogo stick. Classic symptom of bound up lower control control arms. Let me guess, you bought your bushings from the same guy I did!?!
Yeah, very likely - and now I have a second set in a box poised for my 04. I've seen some threads on ways to mod these to work a little better, but I'm not that industrious....

I am subscribed, but if someone could PM when the sets become available I'd appreciate it.

SVT Bullitt

Established Member
Please keep me informed on pricing and availibility. VERY interested. Setting up car for TWS and have crazy wheelhop and is very unstable in turns under acceleration. Have the stock 03 cobra bilistiens with pro kit springs and 1 coil cut. Will be switching to coilover soon with 800lb springs.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
why not just buy the MM Kit with EVERYTHING you need including the shims, press tool, and even gloves for applying grease?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Serpentor said:
why not just buy the MM Kit with EVERYTHING you need including the shims, press tool, and even gloves for applying grease?

If you want to spend about twice as much, be my guest! :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread