Cobra IRS Delrin control arm bushings

predator

Established Member
MidLifeC said:
I assume you are referring to brand "N" Delrin bushings and the control arm bind?
I am installing a set now in my spare IRS. There was absolutely no bind at all in the UCA. The (LCA) crush sleeve fit in the bushing pretty tight - but he said he designed them that way because of wear.

I don't mean to hijack your thread - but just wanted to introduce the wear factor with the LCA bushings. Now if he designs specifically for the 1/4 mile crowd, then I suppose some wear design is necessary. I will probably open up mine a bit to eliminate any bind.

:bs: I'm with Bruce on this one. I am not about to loosen up on my torque specs to accomodate a wear factor. I am more interested in the confidence factor at 150mph! I also sent this person an email to talk about this. No response. I even offered to pay for new machined crush sleeves. No response. I finally had them made myself. In the end I lost confidence in the whole set and bought the complete MM kit.

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
predator said:
I also sent this person an email to talk about this. No response. I even offered to pay for new machined crush sleeves. No response. In the end I lost confidence in the whole set and bought the complete MM kit.

Kind of like the same problem I had, no response. This was with the brand "N" delrin bushings. Can't wait to see what Bruce comes up with.

:beer: :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mr. Mysti said:
Kind of like the same problem I had, no response. This was with the brand "N" delrin bushings. Can't wait to see what Bruce comes up with.

:beer: :rockon:

Well, Ken just informed me he had to interrupt the production because of an emergency from a good customer. :(

The good news is all of the parts are complete with the exception of the LCA bushings. Hopefully next week sometime we will be notifying people when the parts become available.

We don't want to rush these parts and appreciate everyone's patience .

Stay tuned, we're getting close!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
As expressed in a previous PM, if you decided to sell the LCA's independently of the kit at a later date, I am almost certainly in.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BreBar21 said:
As expressed in a previous PM, if you decided to sell the LCA's independently of the kit at a later date, I am almost certainly in.

I think we will be able to sell a couple of sets of just control arm bushings no problem. Stay tuned!

johnny-longtors said:
Bruce - I have a full set of uppers & lowers out of the car - would they help in the design work? (and offer a potential discount ;-) ) PM me if you want 'em shipped....

Thanks for the offer but I think we're pretty well covered. :thumbsup:

Nice try on the discount though? ;-)

We're already going to be selling them dirt cheap as it is?!

:-D

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
still waiting for machine time for the last two sizes, but here's where we're at:
bushings1.JPG

JorgeG

Established Member
Looks like the UPS guy is going to be my personal friend for the next few weeks!!! Now The fun begins with the teardown and rebuild!!!!!! Now if only I could get the same rebuild to keep up with the car?!

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Bruce,

Any thoughts to producing delrin front CA bushings? I've only seen poly from MM for the stock arms. How about delrin shock eye inserts? I've heard the MM poly doesn't last long.

OT: I have resolved my issues with the binding on the brand 'N' bushings. I polished the Al crush tubes and used a brake cylinder hone for a slip fit. The first LCA is mounted and drops under it's own weight. Unfortunately, alot of time and money fixing a problem that should have not been there.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MidLifeC said:
Bruce,

Any thoughts to producing delrin front CA bushings? I've only seen poly from MM for the stock arms. How about delrin shock eye inserts? I've heard the MM poly doesn't last long.

OT: I have resolved my issues with the binding on the brand 'N' bushings. I polished the Al crush tubes and used a brake cylinder hone for a slip fit. The first LCA is mounted and drops under it's own weight. Unfortunately, alot of time and money fixing a problem that should have not been there.

MLC:

To tell you the truth, I have not wanted/considered LCA Delrins for my front lowers? But, if there is enough interest in them I don't see why we couldn't make them? Right Ken? I have the front LCA's out of my car so it would not be a big deal to design them?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
go ahead and get me the data....making them isnt a problem, pretty straight forward....It'll bea few weeks before I can get to making them, but if you'd like test parts, I'm sure I can get a few thru when I get back in to finish the IRS stuff, hopefully next week....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
go ahead and get me the data....making them isnt a problem, pretty straight forward....It'll bea few weeks before I can get to making them, but if you'd like test parts, I'm sure I can get a few thru when I get back in to finish the IRS stuff, hopefully next week....

Ken:

If there is demand for it we can do it? The R&D has pretty much been done on the rears. I don't forsee much need to test them? Chime in if you want some and I will get busy on it? But not until I take a week off from working on the car cruising the Caribbean Sea (tomorrow!!) on a ship bigger than Gingerman!!! :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread