Established Member
update:

uhmw supf - done
uhmw supr - done
delrin uca - done
delrin supports - in process
delrin lcaf - to be made
delrin lcar - to be made

if i had my digital camera here today, you'd get to see the results.....and ALOT of chips! :eek: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
update:

uhmw supf - done
uhmw supr - done
delrin uca - done
delrin supports - in process
delrin lcaf - to be made
delrin lcar - to be made

if i had my digital camera here today, you'd get to see the results.....and ALOT of chips! :eek: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

We love chips!!!!!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
I wasnt knocking your product by any means. I didnt know the price and just wondered why go though the trouble when you can buy a complete and tested product off the shelf. Good luck
:beer:

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
ours are tested....one full season of open track, right bruce? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Serpentor said:
I wasnt knocking your product by any means. I didnt know the price and just wondered why go though the trouble when you can buy a complete and tested product off the shelf. Good luck

Understood, no offense taken. :thumbsup: When I did this more than a year ago there was only one source. A crappy source at that. The MM stuff just became available not too long ago. There also were NO IRS support bushings available at that time either. Ken and I designed these to "hard mount" the cradle. KB had front diff supports but I didn't like the design and they were difficuly to set pinion angle. Also the only source for the rear diff support was the same crappy supplier. I knew we could do this better with our eyes closed! ;-)

We are not doing this to make money. We are doing this to help out our fellow trackers with a quality product that won't have people pulling their hair out installing them or endangering themselves or others with a poorly designed product that will not allow factory torque specs on lower control arm bushings.

That all!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
ours are tested....one full season of open track, right bruce? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :beer:

Hell Yeah Baby!!!! Do you know how many Z06's went down last year because of those bushings?!!? :poke: :poke: :poke:

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
I've seen you guys out there with em. Now I wants em. Hopefully CMP will be the last event withouts em. My rear diff support bushing is about to be completely shot! Bind? I had to stand on my rear driver side wheel while trying to set the ride height!!

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
We are not doing this to make money. We are doing this to help out our fellow trackers....
Well, I don't even know you guys and I already love you....
hug.gif

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Understood, no offense taken. :thumbsup: When I did this more than a year ago there was only one source. A crappy source at that. The MM stuff just became available not too long ago. There also were NO IRS support bushings available at that time either. Ken and I designed these to "hard mount" the cradle. KB had front diff supports but I didn't like the design and they were difficuly to set pinion angle. Also the only source for the rear diff support was the same crappy supplier. I knew we could do this better with our eyes closed! ;-)

We are not doing this to make money. We are doing this to help out our fellow trackers with a quality product that won't have people pulling their hair out installing them or endangering themselves or others with a poorly designed product that will not allow factory torque specs on lower control arm bushings.

That all!!

Ok, who was the crappy supplier? Spill it! :poke:

I know I inquired with someone selling bushings and he answered my email quickly, but when I asked for his phone # to ask Q's he told me he doesn't give it out.

Ok, some guys don't like to share phone #'s, but this was through an email and not posted on a board and I also provided my phone number for him to call me in my original email. Told him please call me or email me your phone number cause I have some Q's.

If you are going to sell some high priced bushings and run a business it is reasonable that someone may want to talk to you.

Well, I asked him my Q's through email:

I asked if he supplied shims like MM or if he annealed the bushings after he machined them or if he supplied any tools to remove the OEM bushings like MM. Some other Q's like was it regular Delrin or Delrin AF, etc. Sent the email three times over 10 day period and he would not answer my email. So I had no choice but to go to MM. I don't know if I should say his name, but it does rhyme with Dick!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Sorry, I just don't want to air out any laundry on the boards. I can't say the guy was a Dick because he did refund my money after I encountered all of the problems!

We don't supply shims with this kit. I really don't feel the kit needs them? My car ran all last year and I had no problems. I even let Brian drive the car and he drives harder than I do. Well, after all, it wasn't his car?!?! :poke:

I have no problem answering a few questions people might have but I just don't want to get into the habit of having to hold everyone's hands going through every step of the process? It's not like I'm getting paid! :dw: There are plenty of places to research on the internet how to install these bushings. It's not a simple job. It will take some time and patience. You will swear and get frustrated at times but how is that different from anything else you do on the car?

At least it's 500 times easier than installing a KB IRS in your car? And hopefully you won't end up with a broken hand doing these IRS bushings?!?! ;-)

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I have no problem answering a few questions people might have but I just don't want to get into the habit of having to hold everyone's hands going through every step of the process? There are plenty of places to research on the internet how to install these bushings.

I wasn't referring to you or your kit. The person I was referring to appeared somewhat private although he offered to answer my Q's through email. When I asked him Q's he chose never to answer them and did not reply to my email. I also asked him if his bushings came with installation instructions because this is something I never did before.

I did the entire install myself using the MM kit and never called MM or asked others what I should do. The MM kit came with nice installation instructions that were easy to follow. I did not find it difficult to do at all. It may be time consuming, but it is not difficult. Clear written instructions can eliminate a lot of Q's. If you are only selling a couple of kits to other track guys that know what they are doing, no point in wasting your time with instructions. If you are providing them for anyone that might want them, some instructions may help. You don't have to tell them how to drop the IRS, etc. just tell them how to properly fit the bushings.

Vince

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mr. Mysti said:
I wasn't referring to you or your kit. The person I was referring to appeared somewhat private although he offered to answer my Q's through email. When I asked him Q's he chose never to answer them and did not reply to my email. I also asked him if his bushings came with installation instructions because this is something I never did before.

I did the entire install myself using the MM kit and never called MM or asked others what I should do. The MM kit came with nice installation instructions that were easy to follow. I did not find it difficult to do at all. It may be time consuming, but it is not difficult. Clear written instructions can eliminate a lot of Q's. If you are only selling a couple of kits to other track guys that know what they are doing, no point in wasting your time with instructions. If you are providing them for anyone that might want them, some instructions may help. You don't have to tell them how to drop the IRS, etc. just tell them how to properly fit the bushings.

Vince

I'm sorry, I wasn't insinuating you were referring to me! :) I've been around and I'll continue to be around. I'm a PM away!!

Having done the install, I did write up some instructions and also a feedback form to get feedback from installers. We have no clue how big this may get and we want to do it as "right" as humany possible! This first ten sets we are running is a preliminary run to work some small bugs out of the set. I'm sure there are some tolerances on OEM components that will need to be addressed. We guarantee they will be 98% better that "the other guys" set.

I'm sure the set from MM is a good one but it's a little on the pricey side and we all have better things we want to spend our racing budget on!! Right now, mine is an addition to my shop!

kevin

ac427cobra said:
I'm sorry, I wasn't insinuating you were referring to me! :) I've been around and I'll continue to be around. I'm a PM away!!

Having done the install, I did write up some instructions and also a feedback form to get feedback from installers. We have no clue how big this may get and we want to do it as "right" as humany possible! This first ten sets we are running is a preliminary run to work some small bugs out of the set. I'm sure there are some tolerances on OEM components that will need to be addressed. We guarantee they will be 98% better that "the other guys" set.

I'm sure the set from MM is a good one but it's a little on the pricey side and we all have better things we want to spend our racing budget on!! Right now, mine is an addition to my shop!

so bruce, you gonna come out my way and do an install video using my car as the donor vehicle? ;-)

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I assume you are referring to brand "N" Delrin bushings and the control arm bind?
I am installing a set now in my spare IRS. There was absolutely no bind at all in the UCA. The (LCA) crush sleeve fit in the bushing pretty tight - but he said he designed them that way because of wear.

I don't mean to hijack your thread - but just wanted to introduce the wear factor with the LCA bushings. Now if he designs specifically for the 1/4 mile crowd, then I suppose some wear design is necessary. I will probably open up mine a bit to eliminate any bind.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
so bruce, you gonna come out my way and do an install video using my car as the donor vehicle? ;-)

I can shoot any lind of video you want. I still have one good hand! ;-)

I'll bark directions and hand you tools as long as you do all the work and have a stocked fridge. :beer: It will have to be next Winter, I'm slammed to the wall right now!! :whine:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MidLifeC said:
I am installing a set now in my spare IRS. The (LCA) crush sleeve fit in the bushing pretty tight - but he said he designed them that way because of wear.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

You NEVER want any suspension component tight. Snug may be one thing but "bound up" is something all together different!!!

MidLifeC said:
Now if he designs specifically for the 1/4 mile crowd, then I suppose some wear design is necessary.

:bs: :bs: :bs: On that one too!!

MidLifeC said:
I will probably open up mine a bit to eliminate any bind.

I would suggest doing whatever it takes to get the control arm freed up!!

kevin

ac427cobra said:
I can shoot any lind of video you want. I still have one good hand! ;-)

I'll bark directions and hand you tools as long as you do all the work and have a stocked fridge. :beer: It will have to be next Winter, I'm slammed to the wall right now!! :whine:

so what do i do for the svtoa event at ppir in june?? :cryying:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
so what do i do for the svtoa event at ppir in june?? :cryying:

Kevin:

Installing these things is fairly straight forward. Drop the IRS (very easy, but somewhat time consuming) Pull the LCA's install bushing, install cradle bushings and diff supports. If you're really sneaky you should be able to do the UCA's without disturbing the camber adjustment bolt? (I didn't do it that way but I'm pretty sure it could be done?) That way you won't disturb your original alignment setting. Although you should have it realigned anyway so maybe it's a moot point?

Put the IRS back in the car, supply beer for helper, done!

Any questions?

kevin

ac427cobra said:
Kevin:

Installing these things is fairly straight forward. Drop the IRS (very easy, but somewhat time consuming) Pull the LCA's install bushing, install cradle bushings and diff supports. If you're really sneaky you should be able to do the UCA's without disturbing the camber adjustment bolt? (I didn't do it that way but I'm pretty sure it could be done?) That way you won't disturb your original alignment setting. Although you should have it realigned anyway so maybe it's a moot point?

Put the IRS back in the car, supply beer for helper, done!

Any questions?

you make it sound so easy. but then i'm remineded of your first post on this thread.

would that be beer or swill? :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
you make it sound so easy. but then i'm remineded of your first post on this thread.

would that be beer or swill? :-D

Kevin:

Pulling the Ford IRS, doing the bushing install and putting it back in is a complete piece of cake! My story from hell (in the other thread) is about installing a Kenny Brown IRS in my car!! :bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread