Possible ripoff?

rtusnake

Established Member
I bought a set of wheels off a member here. I was looking for a set of 15x10 prostars with 6.5bs. He said he was thinking about selling his in a post, so I sent him a pm about a price. We sent a couple pm's and agreed on a price. In some previous emails I asked at least 3 times to make sure they are the 15x10's with 6.5bs. Each time he confirmed they was the correct wheels. Fast forward, the wheels came in and they are 15x8 with 5.5bs. No way I can use these wheels on my setup. I offered to pay shipping to send them back and he refund my money. He said the money was already spent, so I offered a partial refund of $75 and me resale the wheels. I gave $325 shipped for them and couldn't get that much back.

Not sure what to do here, I have sent him several emails and a couple pm's with no response :bash:

Last edited:

rtusnake

Established Member
PIXER is his sn on here. I saw his post on corral but we had been talking on here. I thought he was going to help out but just stopped answering my emails and pm's. I have seen him on here since then.

rtusnake

Established Member
Yeah thats why I went ahead and paid what I did for them. Just sucks being stuck with the wrong wheels and no money to buy the right ones.

Common

Established Member
Yeah thats why I went ahead and paid what I did for them. Just sucks being stuck with the wrong wheels and no money to buy the right ones.

You got a better rating than him anyway but this looks like a lack of communication type of thing. Far from a scam or ripoff.

Let's wait and see for a little bit...........

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Miscommunication.

He appears to have a great trader rating so far.

urmmmm NO! how can you confuse 15x10s with 15x8s? how do you miscommunicate that? Also the BS is different. Now if the OP has the PMs and emails to verify that he asked more than once and the clown responded more than once that indeed these wheels were what he was looking for that makes the "miscommunication" even less likely.

to the OP: leave the guy bad feedback make sure you give the facts and only the facts leave the emotion out of it, and resell the wheels, apparently the seller is an irresponsible kid with no job so you are not likely to get your money back.

Common

Established Member
urmmmm NO! how can you confuse 15x10s with 15x8s? how do you miscommunicate that? Also the BS is different. Now if the OP has the PMs and emails to verify that he asked more than once and the clown responded more than once that indeed these wheels were what he was looking for that makes the "miscommunication" even less likely.

to the OP: leave the guy bad feedback make sure you give the facts and only the facts leave the emotion out of it, and resell the wheels, apparently the seller is an irresponsible kid with no job so you are not likely to get your money back.

:lol: You of all people. Didn't you and Txyaloo give ma a little pep talk for not asking for "moar" proof?
I mean who does this type of ripoff anymore, it'e either parts dont get there or they do. Who would send wrong parts after being here as long as Pixar and having a decent trader rating is little...............you know.

Let's wait and hear both sides.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
:lol: You of all people. Didn't you and Txyaloo give ma a little pep talk for not asking for "moar" proof?
I mean who does this type of ripoff anymore, it'e either parts dont get there or they do. Who would send wrong parts after being here as long as Pixar and having a decent trader rating is little...............you know.

Let's wait and hear both sides.

I am not saying it was a ripoff. It probably wasn't an intentional ripoff. Actually Pixer is 23 which makes this kind of mistake inexcusable IF the emails and PMs are as the OP described.

IMHO this is not something that you and Txyaloo need to get involved in because at least the OP can turn around and resell the wheels and get all or most of his money back.

this is something for the MODS to handle with, again IMHO, a bannage if he won't give the op his money back. At 23 he may not have it laying around but he probably at least has a job that he can pay it back over a couple of paychecks.

Common

Established Member
I am not saying it was a ripoff. It probably wasn't an intentional ripoff. Actually Pixer is 23 which makes this kind of mistake inexcusable IF the emails and PMs are as the OP described.

IMHO this is not something that you and Txyaloo need to get involved in because at least the OP can turn around and resell the wheels and get all or most of his money back.

this is something for the MODS to handle with, again IMHO, a bannage if he won't give the op his money back. At 23 he may not have it laying around but he probably at least has a job that he can pay it back over a couple of paychecks.

That's why I was asking all the questions.

That being said,the guy in question was online few minutes ago and still failed to reply.............hmmmm.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Another vote to contact LL. I had a problem with a non responsive seller a few months ago and LL and SVTP did a great job for me.

Users who are viewing this thread