New Front Bumper Installed from Pershing

Jefe

Established Member
WARNING!!!! DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THESE GUYS!!!(11/17/2011)edit by moderator:
See post #29
For those of you thinking about doing this....this was the message I received from them after TWO WEEKS! I even had to contact them asking for the progress of the bumper!!!!

"We apologize but we are going out of business.
Please open a dispute you*credit card company and bank
to file a chargeback on this transaction"

DO NOT TRY AND ORDER FROM THEM!!! I now get the joy of trying to get my money back

Ordered the bumper painted from Pershing Auto Body Part in Illinois for $355 shipped: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/608698-pershing-auto-body-parts.html

Finally got around to installing it Saturday. Everything went smoothly, came with the brackets to mount to the fenders and 2 rivets but I had to run to Ace anyways for push pins, nut/washers/bolts anyways. Fit and finish is just like stock. Even has the factory orange peel! :D

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

Will get some better pics but need new brake pads, front tires and need to cut the springs hopefully by next weekend. BTW Ford wanted around $650+ for a painted bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good, say goodbye to rock chips.

Why? Rock chips are a fact of motoring life. :shrug: Or did you mean "say goodbye to the rock chips you had".

The bumper came out awesome. Great price. Color matches well. You're good to go. Certainly is a relatively inexpensive fix for a rock chipped or scratched/torn bumper.

Jefe

Established Member
wow! That turned out great Jeff!
I think it did as well. I hate to drive the car now...No problems getting to work today(18 miles) No surging or anything, I guess the air bubble worked itself out. Cracked the degas cap last night and again this morning and air came out, only needed a little top off so....
lookin good buddie you gotta get rid of that spare tire of a pullie :thumbsup:
:lol: You get dyno'd?
So the paint matched pretty good.Any one here get one in one of the metallic colors.
The pics of the bumpers on the ground it looks like the new one might be a shade darker but after installing it and pulling it out in the sun and under low light in the garage I cant tell the difference whatsoever. :rockon:

Looks good, say goodbye to rock chips.
Im sure Ill be saying hello soon enough to some new ones. I may get a 3M clear bra if I feel like spending more money. New tires and brake pads this week
Is that an oem bumper or aftermarket? I need a new one as well.
No Ford part #'s on it. I guess its aftermarket but I can't tell the difference whatsoever.

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
looks good.....if you havent read the thread i hit a deer and need a new front hood and bumper....im just scared that the freshly painted parts arent going to match up with the rest of the car but idk.......

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
looks good.....if you havent read the thread i hit a deer and need a new front hood and bumper....im just scared that the freshly painted parts arent going to match up with the rest of the car but idk.......

Damn dude sorry to hear that and i know how you feel damn deer are like roaches are here too there everywhere!!

The new bumber looks awesome by the way!!! Link saved

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
I was looking into them a while back. Didnt know how it would turn out, but I must say they did a great job. Looks great!

Steve2050

Established Member
Why? Rock chips are a fact of motoring life. :shrug: Or did you mean "say goodbye to the rock chips you had".

The bumper came out awesome. Great price. Color matches well. You're good to go. Certainly is a relatively inexpensive fix for a rock chipped or scratched/torn bumper.
Yes, I meant goodbye to the old ones. To say hello to new ones would be kinda mean as he just got the new one on.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
The bumper looks good!:thumbsup:

How did they ship it? Was it boxed or just wrapped with bubblewrap? I've heard some horror stories about the way some large items like bumpers are packaged for shipping...:nonono:

92 Couper

Established Member
I called Pershing today to look into getting a silver metallic front bumper. They told me that they had stopped selling painted bumpers and were only doing primed now. Bummer. I found another place in Charlotte that does it on Ebay with a similar cost though.

Users who are viewing this thread