How many 03-04s have been terminated?

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Of the 19,140 of ours cars that were built, does anyone know of approximately how many still exist? I'm sure a lot of them have been totalled, but I wonder how many? Anyone have any idea?

divided

Established Member
That would be an interesting number. Seems like every other day someone is losing their cobra, usually from having DR's in the rain. :pop:

SlowSVT

Established Member
:read:

As of 11/06/09 the there are 14,273 03/04 Cobra's still in existance in some form or another.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I don't think you guys really want to know where he got it from :lol1:

Fat-cat

Established Member
that would be close to my guess as well i figured probably 1/4 of these cars have been destroyed/crashed/burned/lost/ect.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Best guess with all the horror stories I'd say 25% or ~ 4800 gone for good.

Like I've said in the past, "talk to me about it in ten years."
Jeff

SpectorV

Established Member
ouch, 25% gone that sucks... and is only going to get worse... and as time goes a few im sure are just junked cars that are still somehow road worthy.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There's probably some pretty good insurance calculators out there that could give a decent "guesstimate". But, I would doubt that anywhere close to 20% of them have gone to Cobra heaven. WAY too many of them sitting in garages for lengthy periods of time. These are not like regular commuter cars.....

Maybe 10% (2,000+/-) may be a more realistic number.

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Actually to come up with that number, they would have to call every states DMV and have them run a search. Some states would be easier than others. but I'm sure it could be done.
There are enough people who live in all 50 states who could probably find out, then we could put this in a sticky. The search could be for plated or titled cars I am sure the numbers would be different (IE someone rebuilding the car and doesn't have plates)
Don't let them tell you they cant search for it, You always here of Police running plates or makes and model searches to narrow down suspects.
Would be cool to know a close approx. number

Users who are viewing this thread