Cobra Rear Bumper Letters No Longer Produced!

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I just noticed the Anchor Room is not selling the Cobra letters for the rear bumpers on our cars. I really want the ones that are the outline. Who sells them? Why did he stop selling them?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Dang really? Got mine last summer from anchor room and I really like them.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Rear Bumper Decals

I just spoke with Jason at Anchor Room and Ford told him he can no longer produce them! That's fine I just found my set that I thought that I had lost and I am going to get them reproduced. If anyone wants a set just let me know and I can go to my decal place here in town and mail them to you in any color you like for $30.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
I just spoke with Jason at Anchor Room and Ford told him he can no longer produce them! That's fine I just found my set that I thought that I had lost and I am going to get them reproduced. If anyone wants a set just let me know and I can go to my decal place here in town and mail them to you in any color you like for $30.
Aren't the letters generic?

Last edited:

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
Why am I not surprised? Id tags,2 kocky shirts,motor build plates,etc etc. Ford this is getting old everyone's scared of making a one off item for our cars because stuff like this. I mean that was just a sticker Really?!? Sorry for the rant y'all but this just gets under my skin.

2003snake

Established Member
Sorry guys, but Ford delivered a C&D note to our door, and I can not afford to get sued. On a positive note, the stuff we had did not sell much anyway compared to everything else.

On another positive note, we just added a ton of new rear vinyl tint options and continue to produce many items that you may want!!!

Jason from >> Anchor Room

black 10th vert

Established Member
Sorry guys, but Ford delivered a C&D note to our door, and I can not afford to get sued. On a positive note, the stuff we had did not sell much anyway compared to everything else.

On another positive note, we just added a ton of new rear vinyl tint options and continue to produce many items that you may want!!!

Jason from >> Anchor Room

Jason, that really sucks they pull this crap, but there are ways around that. You just can't sell them as "Cobra" lettering sets. You can make just the individual letters available for order, and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.;-)

Marion_Cobretti

Established Member
Jason, that really sucks they pull this crap, but there are ways around that. You just can't sell them as "Cobra" lettering sets. You can make just the individual letters available for order, and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.;-)

THIS!! I was just about to place a anchor room order!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
That's such Bullshit. It's a shame that they sit around and look for a reason to sue people and make money, when these are the same people who are purchasing their 30,000 dollar cars from them.

black 10th vert

Established Member
The licensing fee would most likely exceed their lifetime sale of COBRA lettering.

I agree, which is why I suggested that he just sell generic "bumper letters" without calling them, or using the word Cobra in the description. They can't do shit if he is just selling individual vinyl letters as long as he isn't directly advertising "Cobra sets".;-)

black 10th vert

Established Member
as mentioned above, Ford has been doing this for years.....they are trying to protect thier brand.

Well that's all well and fine if these things were offered by them, and therefore competing in sales, but wtf do they care if THEIR fans want to give them FREE ADVERTISING by proudly highlighting their product (the car).:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread