AED VS LUND DYNO.

AKDMB

Established Member
There's no secret behind making the power. All of these top tier tuners know how to get every last ounce out of these cars (All there is to adjust for power is IVO, EVC, Timing and Commanded Lambda) it's just a matter of where they decided to stop (for whatever reason) for the time they got to spend with the car. The driveability is the hard part on these cars. No doubt, put both behind the laptop, on a dyno and they will both post great (if not identical) numbers.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I know dataloged on the street vs tuner in person/on the dyno will always make a difference. I believe even shaun said to make the most power/safely, he needs your car on the dyno.

Shaun@AED

I did not remotely tune this car on a chassis dyno. (IE no live tuning), it's the same as an email style tune, customer decided to play it safe and data log on the chassis dyno.

_Snake_

Established Member
Then it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison, correct?

Dyno tuned vs canned tune aren't the same

That's how I'm seeing it also. And I know you'd agree it's still not apples to apples if the dyno pulls were done on different days. Hopefully someone chime in to clarify, but I'm not seeing a valid comparison.

I did not remotely tune this car on a chassis dyno. (IE no live tuning), it's the same as an email style tune, customer decided to play it safe and data log on the chassis dyno.

I'm not implying anything with this question so please don't read too much into it, but where did the three different numbers come from?

Got the car on the rollers again. Same dyno and basic conditions.

I will get the sheet when I can.

Lund tune 448rwhp / 392 rwtq

AED tune 455rwhp / 410 rwtq.

E85. Power was still climbing as this is a baseline tune.

First pull 410/410
Second pull 439/410
Third 455/410

Sent from my K88 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Shaun@AED

I'm not implying anything with this question so please don't read too much into it, but where did the three different numbers come from?

I believe the first run was cut short on RPM so HP peak is low, next run was reved higher, and the last was run to redline. All Peak TQ numbers listed are the same, so that conclusion makes logical sense.

_Snake_

Established Member
I believe the first run was cut short on RPM so HP peak is low, next run was reved higher, and the last was run to redline. All Peak TQ numbers listed are the same, so that conclusion makes logical sense.

Agreed, and thanks. I saw the TQ numbers didn't increase and wondered if that's what happened.

Now if the OP would just clarify what the "same basic conditions" were. lol

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
My guess is AED is using more timing down low, making for a more aggressive tune vs. Lund. Obviously AED knows what their doing with these cars, so my assumption is that Lund is being cautious.

Edit to add - saying the car now feels Supercharged is a pretty huge exaggeration for those gains.

its not an exaggeration. the 20 lb-ft of torque is a sensation.
i am going to get another dyno session after shaun touches up the tune if he needs to.

i will reset KAM flash the lund tune and do 3 pulls. same with the AED tune. KAM reset and 3 pulls. the results will be the same. i have done enough dyno pulls with lund's tune on 2 different dynos to know it is going to put out the same numbers as usual, which are pretty good IMO.

i havent asked for the dyno chart i just did from the dyno.

assasinator

Established Member
same temp, humidity. one was in the fall the other in the spring. atmospheric conditions were the same.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
OP- grab those intake cams, they are amazing. Also, weren't you saying that you had the baby CJ cams before? I am just trying to size up your dyno numbers to my own, as my dyno experience has been on a mustang dyno. I am adding long tubes soon and could crack 500 whp on a dynojet.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
No doubt, put both behind the laptop, on a dyno and they will both post great (if not identical) numbers.
This. I feel like I see more of a difference between dynos than anything else lol. It is getting to the point where I can predict what someone is going to make whether they go to AED or Lund.

assasinator

Established Member
OP- grab those intake cams, they are amazing. Also, weren't you saying that you had the baby CJ cams before? I am just trying to size up your dyno numbers to my own, as my dyno experience has been on a mustang dyno. I am adding long tubes soon and could crack 500 whp on a dynojet.
Yes I have baby CJ cams. I'm going to port the CJ manifold and dyno both tunes. I know the car, and the Lund tune falls short.

Sent from my K88 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread