AED VS LUND DYNO.

Shaun@AED

Sorry, but same dyno months apart = not valid. /thread
That is not correct. *corrected* dyno numbers account for variations in weather conditions at the time of the dyno session, every dyno has a weather station to monitor conditions and adjust to a 'standard', typically SAE standards. If the dyno comparisons are using 'uncorrected' numbers, then yes dyno runs done in Jan would be higher than in July, but with the dyno correction factors these dyno runs months apart are highly accurate.

I should know, I dyno the same cars months apart regularly.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
That is not correct. *corrected* dyno numbers account for variations in weather conditions at the time of the dyno session, every dyno has a weather station to monitor conditions and adjust to a 'standard', typically SAE standards. If the dyno comparisons are using 'uncorrected' numbers, then yes dyno runs done in Jan would be higher than in July, but with the dyno correction factors these dyno runs months apart are highly accurate.

This is good info, thanks for posting it. I can compare new data to the last time we worked together from the dyno here in Seattle if I install new headers soon.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member

And the OP has provided none of this for comparison. Nor do we have any way of knowing what else may have changed besides atmospheric conditions and how they were accounted for on the dyno.

Last edited:

fishpick

Established Member
@sur_real1 - let's find out...

1nspay.jpg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I like Jon's tuning. It's just conservative and he makes no effort to hide that fact. He is more concerned about keeping your engine from blowing up than getting unicorn power numbers. That is why I use him.

Now, don't get me wrong, I use Jon's tuning to give me something usable in the car while I build my own tune file. But, when I'm done testing, I load his back in because I need more data from my own before I trust it.

VMP, AED, and Lund are all great tuners. Each has their own approach to control strategy. You decide which one fits you.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I just sent Shaun a 2nd tank E85 datalog. When he is satisfied with the tune I will dyno the car on Bryant Brothers dyno back to back with a KAM reset then flash each tune. I will do 3 pulls for each tune. I already know what the results will be.

You folks are taking this personal, as though I am insulting your mom. I swore by Lund from the first tune in 2010 in this car. The change happened because Shaun is more familiar with my combo with cams. The sheets will mirror this result. About 20lb-ft more torque and a handful of HP more for the AED tune.

Sent from my K88 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I drive the car every day. The thing pulls dramatically harder off idle to max rpms. I will admit the the Lund tune had stock low RPM drivability. I regularly drive the car at 1000 rpms in OD at 35 mph. This tune has a tiny low RPM low load surge. It only happens in steady state cruising and only at 1000 rpms. It doesn't do it any other time.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Shaun is more familiar with my combo with cams.
I can second this. Shaun had me in and out of a dyno tuning session after my cam install within an hour, he has camshafts down.

This tune has a tiny low RPM low load surge. It only happens in steady state cruising and only at 1000 rpms. It doesn't do it any other time.
This is probably from the oval monoblade TB. Running a part throttle datalog on the street during those low RPMs with that surge can be a pain in the ass!

_Snake_

Established Member
I just sent Shaun a 2nd tank E85 datalog. When he is satisfied with the tune I will dyno the car on Bryant Brothers dyno back to back with a KAM reset then flash each tune. I will do 3 pulls for each tune. I already know what the results will be.

You folks are taking this personal, as though I am insulting your mom. I swore by Lund from the first tune in 2010 in this car. The change happened because Shaun is more familiar with my combo with cams. The sheets will mirror this result. About 20lb-ft more torque and a handful of HP more for the AED tune.

Just curious if Lund is aware of your upcoming comparison and will also have an opportunity to review additional logs and revise his tune. Otherwise it just doesn't seem fair, does it?

That would actually be a really good read: give each tuner 3-4 logs and an opportunity for 3-4 revisions, then hit the dyno.

Nothing personal here, I promise. I've never had any interaction with either Shaun or Lund.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread