Can you move the location of the intercooler?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
guy is complaining about mpg on E85 and has another thread about going turbo/bigger blower to make 700+hp. In that thread seems set on turbo despite asking about a blower and if so it pretty much makes this thread irrelevant

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I won't ever install a killer chiller either. I don't want to tap into my ac. If it's hot out I generally don't drive it. I do plenty of highway cruising with e70 and e85. I never check mileage, but it really doesn't seem that bad.

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
I was probably going to get methanol injection seeing it has all of the benefits from E85 without any of the drawbacks.

zredfire04

Established Member
i've been considering going e85, but at my current performance level it's pointless. my car has an upper pulley, cai, O/R x pipe with magnaflows, and has been tuned. i estimate it's at around 14lbs of boost max.

the car is stupid fast, and has serious traction issues. i recently discovered that my intercooler pump is bad, and may have been the whole time i've had the car. if so, i suspect it'll be even faster when i get the new one in.

what i'm getting at is that IF i'm making around 500rwhp now, i don't know wtf i'd do with 700+ in a street car...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Who cares about fuel mileage unless you DD your Cobra? I didn't buy it for fuel mileage. It's all about smiles per gallon. I would go E85 and twice on Sunday over methanol injection jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
i've been considering going e85, but at my current performance level it's pointless. my car has an upper pulley, cai, O/R x pipe with magnaflows, and has been tuned. i estimate it's at around 14lbs of boost max.

the car is stupid fast, and has serious traction issues. i recently discovered that my intercooler pump is bad, and may have been the whole time i've had the car. if so, i suspect it'll be even faster when i get the new one in.

what i'm getting at is that IF i'm making around 500rwhp now, i don't know wtf i'd do with 700+ in a street car...

You think a eaton cobra is stupid fast? Race a e85 any size twinscrew/tvs cobra and see how you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zredfire04

Established Member
for a street car, yes it's stupid fast.

there's no doubt that anything with heavy mods would beat me in a race, but i'm not trying to have a race car. if i'm already traction limited, more power isn't really going to do me any good.

Zemedici

Established Member
for a street car, yes it's stupid fast.

there's no doubt that anything with heavy mods would beat me in a race, but i'm not trying to have a race car. if i'm already traction limited, more power isn't really going to do me any good.

You're having traction issues with a 475whp cobra? You Need more tire! I can make my 619whp dead hook 2nd with my nittos

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Had my killer chiller since version 2.. never had any issues and I have aero heat soak during the summer months... plus my a/c is running all the time while I'm driving the cobra..Lol

zredfire04

Established Member
i don't know what my whp is, but yes i have traction issues. i can break em lose on an onramp going 60 if i'm not careful with the throttle.

when i get the rear end back in the car, i'm putting my 315 nittos on. we'll see if that helps.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
i don't know what my whp is, but yes i have traction issues. i can break em lose on an onramp going 60 if i'm not careful with the throttle.

when i get the rear end back in the car, i'm putting my 315 nittos on. we'll see if that helps.
Something isn't right then. Suspension or tires. When I made 455/479 rwhp I could dead hook first gear on a 5-10 mph roll. That was with toyo r888.

Generally, depending on road and temps I can full hook second gear on a 40 roll. I'm running a tvs blower on 21 psi and e85.

Zemedici

Established Member
Something isn't right then. Suspension or tires. When I made 455/479 rwhp I could dead hook first gear on a 5-10 mph roll. That was with toyo r888.

Generally, depending on road and temps I can full hook second gear on a 40 roll. I'm running a tvs blower on 21 psi and e85.

This. @zredfire04 what tires are you on?

Users who are viewing this thread