Chester Linkin Park Lead Singer Dead

Blown 89

Established Member
*puts on flame suit*

I liked Lincoln Park, and used to listen to them in Highschool.... But with that being said, am I the only one who just doesn't give a shit about people who do drugs and alcohol and kill themselves, or get themselves killed unintentionally by doing them?

This guy had 6 ****ing kids, and now they have no father because he was a selfish drug addict with mental issues. I feel sorry for the family and those kids, not this guy. He made good music, and that's about where it stops... He was no messiah or anything special to humanity. Now the media will praise him like a demi-god and everyone will have to hear about it for the next few weeks. Then the process will repeat itself soon with another celebrity who does the same thing.

Everyday my dislike for Hollywood and the entertainment industry grows bigger, especially reading stories like this. Talent pissed away on drugs and selfishness, yet they are praised like a God. I would much rather hear stories about parents who spend their entire lives clean, working, and raise their kids into being normal productive members of society.
Agreed

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
many of us have been in similar situations but when you have kids, it stops being about you. you do anything for them, including living. living through shitty situations and feelings. so you dont screw their lives up. luckily for this guy's kids, they will likely be set for life financially. unlike many other kids in similar situations who are left with nothing and end up in the system or homeless.

Zemedici

Established Member
Every thread involving a famous figure who has committed suicide always devolves into insulting them, where most people cannot comprehend how the human mind works in that scenario.

Just because you have never personally experienced that level of pain or depression does not invalidate it for others.

This day and age, despite technological and medical advances, is worse for us than most realize. We have introduced new, constant stressors that we confuse as enjoyable addictions. Problems are medicated rather than cured.

Instead of hating on those who felt they were out of options, why not reflect on your life, what you're thankful for, and appreciate contentment. Not all of the rest of us are able to do so.

This man gets it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Every thread involving a famous figure who has committed suicide always devolves into insulting them, where most people cannot comprehend how the human mind works in that scenario.

Just because you have never personally experienced that level of pain or depression does not invalidate it for others.

This day and age, despite technological and medical advances, is worse for us than most realize. We have introduced new, constant stressors that we confuse as enjoyable addictions. Problems are medicated rather than cured.

Instead of hating on those who felt they were out of options, why not reflect on your life, what you're thankful for, and appreciate contentment. Not all of the rest of us are able to do so.

Survival of the fittest.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I liked Lincoln Park, and used to listen to them in Highschool.... But with that being said, am I the only one who just doesn't give a shit about people who do drugs and alcohol and kill themselves, or get themselves killed unintentionally by doing them?

Whether or not they do drugs and alcohol and off themselves doesn't matter to me as I don't care either way.

The guy made music and if he was just an ordinary schmo who busted his hump 40 hrs a week digging ditches no one would give a shit. Life will go on, People.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
As a person who suffers from bouts of depression, all I have to say is, what an asshole! As bad as things are and can ever be, putting a gun to your head, or taking an intentional overdose, etc, etc is just stupid and selfish. It must really be a hard life to have all of that money. Don't even talk about the stress of touring and making more music. If that was making him unhappy, he had the ability to walk a way at any time. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but I've been in the low and still hit that bottom from time to time, but making those around me that love me suffer my life ending is nothing that I would ever consider.

Then no, you haven't hit that bottom. I used to think the same way.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rest in peace.

Today he takes his place as the coldest artist in the game.

Too soon? Probably. I have 0 respect or empathy for a guy that leaves 6 kids behind.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sad to hear this news. Very sad when anyone goes this way. Being abused as a child can do nothing but harm someone. Mental illness is an awful thing. Some people can handle it, some need a great support system just to get by, and some lose the battle.

I hope his kids pull together and promise to be there for each other.

SNISTR1

Established Member
Listened to them a lot throughout the years. Very sad to see. Everyone has their demons. Some let them get the best of them, and wander from themselves and family. Hopefully the family can pull together and heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
29likwm.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
RIP listened to them in high school. Hybrid Theory and Metora or however you say it were good. I feel real sorry for his kids that's terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recon

Established Member
Such a shame. He struggled with life as we all do. He lost. May his children get the father figure they need and deserve.
Someone dear to me told me once, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
many of us have been in similar situations but when you have kids, it stops being about you. you do anything for them, including living. living through shitty situations and feelings. so you dont screw their lives up. luckily for this guy's kids, they will likely be set for life financially. unlike many other kids in similar situations who are left with nothing and end up in the system or homeless.

This 100%.

Having kids unequivocally changed me forever.

How could a person be so selfish that they think it's acceptable to change an innocent child's life FOREVER?

My kids literally look at me like I'm some kind of super hero God.

I feel so bad for his 6 kids!

0 respect for this guy---ZERO!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Then no, you haven't hit that bottom. I used to think the same way.

Trust me dude. I have. The thought of putting a gun to my head has indeed been at the forefront of my mind. However, I do think that my faith and family are the reasons I am still here. I've held the gun in my hand brother. I know what's what. And that is why I would never consider hurting the ones around me that I love and love me. I considered walking out on this place. But then as soon as I take one second to rethink it. It's gone. I keep myself in good place now and keep a distance as much as possible from those that dehumanize me, namely my father.

CV355

_
Established Member
Trust me dude. I have. The thought of putting a gun to my head has indeed been at the forefront of my mind. However, I do think that my faith and family are the reasons I am still here. I've held the gun in my hand brother. I know what's what. And that is why I would never consider hurting the ones around me that I love and love me. I considered walking out on this place. But then as soon as I take one second to rethink it. It's gone. I keep myself in good place now and keep a distance as much as possible from those that dehumanize me, namely my father.

The trigger pull is 1000x heavier than normal in that circumstance. The thought of hurting loved ones is probably the greatest deterrent.

However, if life doesn't ease up, it's very hard for the mind to relax back to a calmer state. The old saying goes "when it rains, it pours." Wounds can only heal if they're allowed to. If you're already at a breaking point, and more and more keep piling on, it's extremely hard to cope.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

If that's true, then you have considered it. In your other post you said you hadn't, hence my response.

I'm glad you had the mental capacity to understand the consequences of what you were thinking and are still with us. Sometimes other people don't. Mental illness is a terrible thing. It's easy for people who's minds are right to sit back and say "what a selfish asshole, how could they do that to their family?" I know, I was one of those people. The reality is they often don't or can't see it that way. They think they're actually doing people a favor.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
What I meant in the OP I made was that I would not consider leaving my family to grieve. As soon as that was considered, I was able to make clear decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread