Chester Linkin Park Lead Singer Dead

ssssnake

Established Member
It always makes me sad when someone dies. I know that death is a part of life, but I still hate it. I don't cry for that person - life is over for them. I cry for the ones that are left behind and have to live without that loved one. I cry for those six kids that have to deal with life without their father. Suicide is terrible, things change. What's so terrible today will be different tomorrow. I'm sorry that he was abused as a child - Jonathan Davis was sexually abused as a child, and when I hear his music, I hear the result of that - a lot of anger. We need a lot more caring in this world. That's all I can say. RIP

Zemedici

Established Member
It always makes me sad when someone dies. I know that death is a part of life, but I still hate it. I don't cry for that person - life is over for them. I cry for the ones that are left behind and have to live without that loved one. I cry for those six kids that have to deal with life without their father. Suicide is terrible, things change. What's so terrible today will be different tomorrow. I'm sorry that he was abused as a child - Jonathan Davis was sexually abused as a child, and when I hear his music, I hear the result of that - a lot of anger. We need a lot more caring in this world. That's all I can say. RIP

A lot of people dont know that about Jonathan. Its the reason Korn's music is so dark.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
.... I keep myself in good place now and keep a distance as much as possible from those that dehumanize me, namely my father.

So sorry to hear. Highlights and re-illustrates how much kids need loving fathers and how critical they are in the home (assuming they are good men).

jrandy

Established Member
Mental health is always sad. The truth of the matter is that no one will ever know what demons he struggled with. While I don't ever condone suicide, especially leaving children behind, we will never know.

Another thing to consider. People who have been sexually abused typically are very messed up for life. For all we know, the abuse could have followed him through his life and fatherhood, and his suicide prevented potential abuse to his six kids.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
.....For all we know, the abuse could have followed him through his life and fatherhood, and his suicide prevented potential abuse to his six kids.

That's an interesting point and definitely worth considering.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Mental health is always sad. The truth of the matter is that no one will ever know what demons he struggled with. While I don't ever condone suicide, especially leaving children behind, we will never know.

Another thing to consider. People who have been sexually abused typically are very messed up for life. For all we know, the abuse could have followed him through his life and fatherhood, and his suicide prevented potential abuse to his six kids.

Very good point. Maybe he did abuse one or two or six of them, and couldn't live with himself anymore.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Tomorrow does not guarantee different.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Korn’s co-founder and guitarist Brian “Head” Welch reacted to his death, writing:

“Honestly, Chester’s an old friend who we’ve hung with many times, and I have friends who are extremely close to him, but this is truly pissing me off! How can these guys send this message to their kids and fans?! I’m sick of this suicide s***! I’ve battled depression/mental illness, and I’m trying to be sympathetic, but it’s hard when you’re pissed! Enough is enough! Giving up on your kids, fans, and life is the cowardly way out!!!

“I’m sorry, I know meds and/or alcohol may have been involved, I’m just processing like all of us and I know we are all having some of the same thoughts/feelings.

“Lord, take Chester in your arms and please re-unite him with his family and all of us one day. Be with his wife and kids with your grace during this difficult time.”

Fans widely criticized Welch, who has successfully battled depression himself, for his remarks about Bennington. He tweeted a follow-up message, writing, “I didn’t mean to sound insensitive about Chester. Just dealing with a range of emotions today. Love you Chester. I’m pissed that you did this, but I know this could have been me back in the day after getting wasted one night.”

SirShaun

Established Member
Weird tweets from her account on the night of. I would like to hope her account was hacked. Chicks be crazy though. I couldn't find much on her education. Looks to be highschool to playboy to gold digging. Maybe she was on drugs trying to cope, posting truthful shit and her publicist was deleting them as fast as she could? Strip steak will bring a man down quick.

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/07/chester-bennington-wife-talinda-twitter-hacked-hoax/

Morning after seen acting "normal" at a local market.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/21/chester-bennington-wife-talinda-ann-bentley-seen-out-hug/

It had to of been something recent to drive him to hanging himself. You'd figure he was over all that bull shit from the past. So something recent, that ****ed his rock star world up... Yep woman.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Safe to say that Chester left everyone that had tickets for their upcoming tour (myself included in Tampa)....hanging?

08d1780356deb9e2c184ac0a174287de3312c4bbb460499a41b67eb3a5dbed8e.jpg

in the end, it doesnt even matter...

ssssnake

Established Member
Korn’s co-founder and guitarist Brian “Head” Welch reacted to his death, writing:

Off topic, but is he back with the band? Welch is born again Christian.

You must be perpetually sad.

I mean people I know or know of, silly. And, no, I'm not perpetually sad either. Life is worth living. I still tell a joke every weekday. :)

This song hits home:

Absolutely. We all gotta go through it. It just sucks when it's before a ripe old age.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I just dont understand how these stars with any sort of therapy access you could imagine still commit suicide. All he had to do was talk to someone....he leaves behind SIX children.

The problem is that professionals and even the patient cannot see where the issues are coming from many times. There can also be multiple issues. I can tell you that it is a struggle as it is usually multiple problems when this is even contemplated. Drugs and/or alcohol are often mixed in to mask or numb the pain. It can be a major struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Lets face the music that many people think they know best even for themselves when professionally educated and experienced doctors and such are the ones who know better.

Quite frankly when it comes to know-it-alls, this is a trait well pronounced in the celebrity.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Lets face the music that many people think they know best even for themselves when professionally educated and experienced doctors and such are the ones who know better.

Quite frankly when it comes to know-it-alls, this is a trait well pronounced in the celebrity.

To be fair, mental health professionals are not dealing with an exact science. Medicine is not an A + B = C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread