Dealer Cost v Invoice on Hellcat

Black2010

Established Member
I'm reading the exact opposite of what you posted here about blaming FCA. I'm reading IHI is to blame for the bearing issues and not FCA.
I also read on the Hellcat forum, after a forum member did some "research" on the history of IHI superchargers, that they were not that great at all.

His facts across the board are skewed a bit. Just assumptions from reading is my "assumption".

Gen III Vipers doesn't have bearing issues. In fact it's a pretty stout engine, same for the Gen IV. The Gen V engines do have bearing failures but it's not due to cost cutting of the bearings used. Easy to post blame there though. It's mainly due to casting problems with the block as well as oil supply issues. This is how rumors get started though.

Good info on the recalls referenced above - https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/12394-Gen-V-2013-2015-oil-consumption-RECALLS-R28-amp-R29

I don't post blame on FCA at all. I put it on IHI as FCA wouldn't tell them what bearings to use. FCA would push them on cost and IHI would make the call on where cost could be cut to win the bid. If the cost is really $13K for a new blower I would be embarrassed to put sub par anything in it as the MFG of the part.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Here's a newspaper AD for a Dodge/Chrysler Dealership in Richmond, MI basically offering 10K off MSRP from last week:

IMG_64151_zpsnhcwfdf4.jpg
']
[/URL]
'][/URL]

http://www.driveenvy.com/new-invent...acted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-trim-34

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i think there are more post on this forum about the hellcat than the new halo ford GT, shelby GT350r and raptor combined. Sad state of affairs..

IA Shelby

Established Member
i think there are more post on this forum about the hellcat than the new halo ford GT, shelby GT350r and raptor combined. Sad state of affairs..

Agree with your observation. I believe much of this is tied to the fact that most of those listed are of varying degrees of unobtainable. Ford GT is out, 350 R requires 25K + ADM and the raptor is MSRP+.

The Hellcat now is selling well below MSRP and is available for purchase.

snakedoctor

Established Member

I believe that's because Ford has dropped the ball releasing a new GT-500. The GT350 is lackluster to a lot of us, not to mention the outrageous prices that the dealers are wanting.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Agree with your observation. I believe much of this is tied to the fact that most of those listed are of varying degrees of unobtainable. Ford GT is out, 350 R requires 25K + ADM and the raptor is MSRP+.

The Hellcat now is selling well below MSRP and is available for purchase.

also i think it has something to do with ford forcing the ecoboost on enthusiast like kobe bryant forced himself on that girl. I think it has turned alot of people off.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
His facts across the board are skewed a bit. Just assumptions from reading is my "assumption".
Gen III Vipers doesn't have bearing issues. In fact it's a pretty stout engine, same for the Gen IV. The Gen V engines do have bearing failures but it's not due to cost cutting of the bearings used. Easy to post blame there though. It's mainly due to casting problems with the block as well as oil supply issues. This is how rumors get started though.
Good info on the recalls referenced above - https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/12394-Gen-V-2013-2015-oil-consumption-RECALLS-R28-amp-R29
I don't post blame on FCA at all. I put it on IHI as FCA wouldn't tell them what bearings to use. FCA would push them on cost and IHI would make the call on where cost could be cut to win the bid. If the cost is really $13K for a new blower I would be embarrassed to put sub par anything in it as the MFG of the part.
Are we talking Hellcats or Vipers here?
I was referring to the Hellcat superchargers. I didn't know of any issues with the Vipers. (Not being sarcastic, just not sure we're you're going with this.)

Well,......it IS a Hellcat thread, after all. LOL
PLUS,...no news/spy photos or anything concrete about a new GT500 "at least" making a debut in coming months. Nothing.

I've been waiting on a new GT-500 but if one isn't released soon, I'm going with the hellcat challenger
I'm thinking about it myself too bro.
GoMango with brass monkey wheels, carbon fiber stripes, A8, upgraded stereo system, black suede/leather seating PLEASE! Not that I've been checking them out online or anything. LOL
(I probably order mine as I want it as I want it.)

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I was referring to the Hellcat superchargers. I didn't know of any issues with the Vipers. (Not being sarcastic, just not sure we're you're going with this.)

Well,......it IS a Hellcat thread, after all. LOL
PLUS,...no news/spy photos or anything concrete about a new GT500 "at least" making a debut in coming months. Nothing.

I'm thinking about it myself too bro.
GoMango with brass monkey wheels, carbon fiber stripes, A8, upgraded stereo system, black suede/leather seating PLEASE! Not that I've been checking them out online or anything. LOL
(I probably order mine as I want it as I want it.)

FYI. If you're thinking the Challenger Hellcat route I'm pretty sure there is no radio upgrade. They all come with the HK radio. The Charger hellcat radio can be upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fmylife

Established Member

fangstang

Established Member
also i think it has something to do with ford forcing the ecoboost on enthusiast like kobe bryant forced himself on that girl. I think it has turned alot of people off.

+1
I know it definitely has turned me off. Cant stand all this ecoboost crap. I'm afraid they're eventually gonna ruin the mustang too one day and make the "top dog" version an ecoboost 6cyl.

Black2010

Established Member

I quoted you as I was in agreement with you. My comments were related to what Earl Lee said. Specifically in relation to this part - "FCA put shitty bearings in the blowers to cut cost like they always do (see 3rd gen viper v10 rod bearing issues)."

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
FYI. If you're thinking the Challenger Hellcat route I'm pretty sure there is no radio upgrade. They all come with the HK radio. The Charger hellcat radio can be upgraded.
Ahhhhhhhh,.....that's why there was no options that you could add to the Hellcat Challenger when building it online on the Dodge website. LOL
Thanks!

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Ahhhhhhhh,.....that's why there was no options that you could add to the Hellcat Challenger when building it online on the Dodge website. LOL
Thanks!

Yeah when I bought mine and got what, at the time, was a really good deal I was telling people "yeah and I even got the upgraded radio for that cost".

And then I realized, "nope I'm not special. Everyone gets the good radio in the Challenger."

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So I texted my Dodge salesman yesterday. (I knew it was going to happen eventually. lol) The same one I ordered my truck from. Knowledgeable and cool guy. Not sure I am going to go through with it yet and don't know if I want to make payments on another vehicle again. (They would have to pay off my truck, and give me the balance of the money to me and I put put down $1,500 in good faith to show that I am serious about the Hellcat Challenger order. Not sure if they would be interested in my proposal, but it's worth a shot. You don't ask,...you don't get. lol)
I told him I wouldn't order till the middle of next month anyways, as I want the car for the summer. I have been going over the pros and cons in my head over and over. Been thinking of building the Roush as well instead of a Hellcat.
2 HUGE factors are my trade-in and if Grundy Insurance will insure a 2017 Hellcat Challenger.
Doesn't look like Ford is interested in letting us know if the new GT500 is eventually coming out at some point, but I wish they would. So, we shall see.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the color scheme that I am thinking of doing.
GoMango Orange, gold colored brass monkey wheels and matte black carbon fiber stripes with black leather/Alcantra seating.

Attachments

• 154e983d0a0e0ac91346ae511a8d2873_-523426515.jpg
    154e983d0a0e0ac91346ae511a8d2873_-523426515.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 154e99110a0e0ac91346ae51c29a9a56.jpg
    154e99110a0e0ac91346ae51c29a9a56.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 107

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I believe that's because Ford has dropped the ball releasing a new GT-500. The GT350 is lackluster to a lot of us, not to mention the outrageous prices that the dealers are wanting.

Yes Ford dropped the ball that's why dealers are still routinely selling gt350's above msrp. Ford is laughing all the way to the bank.
The reason the 500 is taking so long and reason the 350 is good is because Ford is doing their homework and making a very precise machine that's being compared to vehicles three times it's msrp. Compare that to the just released zl1.

You must hate most of manufacturers then. BMW, mb, Audi, Ferrari, etc are all going smaller cubes with twin turbos.
Would it be nice to see a 4.0 v8 tt from ford? Yes. Until then the 3.6 in the Raptor is killing the 6.2. 25% faster track time at anza borrego.

Users who are viewing this thread