Gt500 08 Dream becomes a nightmare.

Tighteyes

Established Member
Those prices are insane.

I'd be happy to labor the project myself if it means saving $10k.
if we all had the ability to turn each bolt to specification while working 70hr work week. Ummm well I guess thats the trade off a man that knows his shit is building me a from scratch motor to make goal hp.

Tighteyes

Established Member
Reading this broke my heart man, I’m so sorry. I can’t offer you much, but I am willing to help. I have a 66mm L&M TB that was a take off from my build, if you want, it’s yours. Just shoot me a PM and I’ll get it sent out to you. Best of luck with everything that you got. I’ll keep an eye out for more parts that I have.
Thank you very much . I actually luck out in that department unless the huge mono blade throttle body i have doesnt work with the new setup. I will definitely consider it . THank you kind sir!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Thank you very much . I actually luck out in that department unless the huge mono blade throttle body i have doesnt work with the new setup. I will definitely consider it . THank you kind sir!

I have a Mezeire electric water pump listed in the Market section. https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/fs-nib-meziere-electric-water-pump.1148455/ I can't give it to you for free, but in light of your situation, I'll sell it to you at a deep discount from the price I have listed. Hit me up on the ad, if interested. It'll free up a noticeable amount of HP; an amount you can actually feel.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
if we all had the ability to turn each bolt to specification while working 70hr work week. Ummm well I guess thats the trade off a man that knows his shit is building me a from scratch motor to make goal hp.

Fair enough it sounds like it will definitely be a pleaser!

Good luck and keep us posted on progress!

fullboogie

Established Member
PM sent. Looks like there were three prior owners, all in Texas.

And I hate to say it, but the last owner appears to be a high school kid who only owned it for 6 months before selling it to you. I think you see where this is going.

Last edited:

Tighteyes

Established Member
and he really only hurt the motor =/ i guess if you look at it like that everything else looked brand damn new exhaust , the rear end gears the rims , ect. was all new to make me look past the fact the motor was pooped

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
PM sent. Looks like there were three prior owners, all in Texas.

And I hate to say it, but the last owner appears to be a high school kid who only owned it for 6 months before selling it to you. I think you see where this is going.

Probably had to choose between rubbers and premium gas.

pridemore54

Established Member
Its nice to see the community on here come together to help our less fortunate brothers. OP I gotta check to be sure but I think I have some 72lb injectors and other small go fast parts laying around that I would be happy to ship to you if you are interested.

Tighteyes

Established Member
Ill keep everyone posted as in the weeks to follow!!
Its nice to see the community on here come together to help our less fortunate brothers. OP I gotta check to be sure but I think I have some 72lb injectors and other small go fast parts laying around that I would be happy to ship to you if you are interested.
Those injectors would work pretty well with my bap, to achieve horsepower goals. Im also torn between the vmp or a whipple

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Realistically, wait for the Gen 3 VMP. At the very least, wait until its out and has a proper head to head with the 2.9L Whipple Gen 3.

Tighteyes

Established Member
I have a Mezeire electric water pump listed in the Market section. https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/fs-nib-meziere-electric-water-pump.1148455/ I can't give it to you for free, but in light of your situation, I'll sell it to you at a deep discount from the price I have listed. Hit me up on the ad, if interested. It'll free up a noticeable amount of HP; an amount you can actually feel.
Shoot me a message and price on it shipped to pro dyno sc,fort mill

Users who are viewing this thread