GT500 60mm throttle body sticking

Canadian5.0

Established Member
So I've completed my Cobra Jet intake Procharger setup tuned by Lund on a startup tune. The car runs and drives real good. Going for a remote dyno session next Tuesday.

The other night when I was leaving work I was just testing and if I do a little burner in 1st gear up to 5-6k it spins the tires with no drama. If it gets too high in the revs though the throttle would stick and keep on the limiter even with my foot off the throttle and I have to turn the car off.

Tried disconnecting the BAP and no change. Thought maybe the bypass valve was backwards so I changed that around although I'm not sure that would matter.

Anyone have this issue before. It's a twin 60mm Gt500 TB

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
Thats an odd issue especially with a stock TB, which tend to be no drama at all. If you want to upgrade to a twin 67mm CFM/VMP tb Ive got one for sale ;)

Canadian5.0

Established Member
I had read someone saying they went back from a mono blade to the gt500 because of driveability issues with FI so that's why I didn't upgrade at the time.

96gt02

Established Member
Well yeah the monoblade is terrible for driveability on any car lol, you need a bigger twin blade

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sounds like it is in the tune. Try getting a data log of it and send it to lund. Ive had that issue before and it was in the tune causing the TB to be stuck open

KG145.0

Established Member
Try looking at the mounting surface of the TB... I read somewhere a while ago that sometimes the mounting surface of the intake is not completely flat.. and may cause the TB to flex just slightly and cause it to stick .. May be something to check...just idea

96gt02

Established Member
^ This is true of a monoblade as well as over torquing the bolts however it shouldnt be an issue with a stock TB. I also do agree with the above that its likely a tune issue but I also think you will benefit from a larger TB in the process

Users who are viewing this thread