Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
This car looks awesome. I really want a set of those CF mirror caps to break up the black on my car.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I started playing around with some video equipment that I bought and also some editing software. This is the first video that I have done. Nothing fancy, but check it out and leave some feedback.

[video=youtube;vDzafdGtPz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzafdGtPz8[/video]

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well its official. I have a total man crush on Tob. He has taken the time to develop these stainless steel brake caliper studs. As many of us know the current brake caliper setup is a bolt through caliper type that can wear the aluminum threads after repeated changes. Tob has developed these in stainless steel and some other 4340 scientific space age stuff. If you have more questions about getting a set or his CAD/Solidworks design definitely send him a PM. At the moment I have more parts than time, so for now I will leave these tease shots.

I recently got to know Tob better and the package showed up like a brick of cocaine :D . What was inside was much better. These come with instructions written by Epiphany and everything you need to get them on.

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
On with the updates. Along the lines of not having enough time I have been sitting on these carbon fiber tail light overlays from S550 Carbon for over a week. Initial impressions is that they look killer. I am happy to report that fitment is spot on once again. I would like to pair these with the full carbon fiber decklid panel, but i am not ready to give up the GT350 emblem since they are expensive.

Similar to the mirror caps they install with double sided tape. The parts come with the necessary tape and adhesion promoter. As with all doubled sided tape applications the prep is whats most important. Install is pretty straight forward on these. Prep your surfaces by wiping them down with alcohol and be sure not to put your oily fingers on the surface after. This goes for the back of the overlays and the tail lights themselves. I might recommend wearing latex gloves if you can.

DSC_0386_1.jpg

DSC_0387_1.jpg

Here is a shot of how I placed the tape. Again there is not really a wrong way to do this, but I placed it in all places that might make contact with the light. I would add that there are some pluses and minuses to this and will discuss below

DSC_0388_1.jpg

In regard to the installation I discovered a few things. The best way to install the lights is from the outside in. Meaning get the outside edges of the overlay mated up at the quarter panel, then work your way to the center of the car. Also make your best effort to seat the bottom of the overlay first. These take a little more finesse to install due to the angle of the protruding tail lights. Take your time with the install or you will install them crooked and have to start over. The tape is quite strong, ask me how I know... I mentioned that adding a lot of tape has costs and benefits. On the good side you will get a nice strong bond and no worries about them coming loose. On the down side adding a lot of tape means that the overlay can contact the surface if your hands are unsteady.

Here a few pictures of the final installation. Overall I am very pleased with the product and will work if you are going for a full carbon fiber look, or just want a nice subtle accent. Feel free to post up or shoot me a PM if you are interested in a set.

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Quick update. I had the good fortune of getting invited by the Eurosunday group to show the car at the Sacramento International Auto Show this weekend at Cal Expo. It is a big yearly show in Sacramento at our exposition center. Here are a few quick shots of the pics I took during the drop off and staging today. There are a lot of nice cars out this year and it was nice getting to see them all getting staged and setup.

Raging%20Shelby%202.jpg

Raging%20Shelby.jpg

Auto%20Show.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
All this talk about recalls got you down? Here are a few recent pics to brighten the day.

Wheel%20Wednesday%201%20of%201.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby%20Front.jpg

If you are local to Sacramento and looking for a photo shoot opportunity let me know. No discrimination on make/model, just needs to be clean.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well, 2016 has definitely been a good year for my family and I. Very fortunate to have been able to purchase my dream car, and make a lot of good friends in the process. 2017 looks promising with some new modifications coming for the car as well. I hope all of you have a happy new year, and may the road ahead be as good or better than the one you came in on.
Cheers
Sugar%20Shelby%201%20of%201-4.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby%201%20of%201-5.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby%201%20of%201-3.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Thanks brother.

It really depends on what type of backdrop you are looking for. Nature wise I just took a run up to highway 49 in auburn. Looks to have some real promising spots near the town of Cool.

I am still looking for a legit industrial area to shoot at though. Have you considered old sac or the train station?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Thought about old sac but it's busy during the day. I could get some night photos but I'm still learning how to do those. Train station in down town?
Yeah, the train station downtown and in front of the railroad museum. West sac has a couple of good places to explore also. Possibly by Raley field.

Users who are viewing this thread