Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Gorgeous car. Really like the red Shelby lettering on the front. Very nice accent.

doesn't get much better than that, OP.

:rockon::beer:
Hey Deep50,

What was the cost of labor to get the calipers on the car? Did the dealership do it?

Thanks!
I did the caliper swap myself. It's a pretty straight swap just like any other mustang. Only hard part of the whole deal is loosening up the rear e brake cables enough to get the caliper bracket off. I would encourage you to give it a shot in your garage. Just have a buddy there to help bleed the brakes or a speed bleeder from Motive. It can be tackled in a day no problem.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
fantastic car!

Awesome ride dude.

Congrats, impressive looking car. Saw one at a car show earlier this summer, it got a lot of attention.

Your GT350 looks killer. nice work

Thanks gents!

It's looking like good days are ahead. Just gotta find the time.

image_72.gif

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Things have been super busy lately. Work, family, and car. I had the good fortune of getting in contact with Dan from S550 Carbon through Instagram. They are a mustang enthusiast company out of Ohio with a focus on carbon fiber components for S550 Mustang platform. The company actually ended up sponsoring my car as they are looking to move into the GT350 market. I am working with them on developing a rear diffuser and some other products. From time to time I will be testing out some of their components and reviewing them on material quality, ease of install, design, and fitment.

The product I just installed from them is their carbon fiber side mirror covers. Initial impressions out of the box are great. The carbon fiber weaving is flawless, great luster, and very light. Much better than the dull carbon fiber wrap I had on the mirrors, and comparable in price.

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

Installation was very straight forward. Double sided tape to attach them over the factory gloss black mirrors. Several strategically placed pieces of tape for the most contact and to prevent them from ripping off if you brush past the mirror with your clothing. S550 Carbon sends you all the components you need for install, but no instructions since there isn't a "wrong" way to do this per se. Below are some pics of what I did.

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

Be sure to wipe everything with the alcohol wipe before placing any tape and let it air dry. I recommend seating the bottom of the mirror cap first and then rotating it on to the top portion. Going to want to ensure the mirror is fully recessed into the pocket of the cap before you engage all the tape. Once they are all mated up keep even pressure on the taped areas with both hands for at least 60 seconds.

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0729.jpg

Install altogether took me 30 minutes, and that includes me explaining to the wife why I was in the garage at 10pm. The fitment is SPOT ON. Retail on these is $169 and worth the cost in my opinion. S550 Carbon is still building its web page but If anyone is interested in ordering let me know and I will get you in contact with Dan, as well as 5% off your order. S550 Carbon has several other offerings for the GT350 interior/exterior as well. R style wing, GT350 CF steering wheel, CF tail light bezels, CF decklid panel, CF trunk, CF interior kit, and CF gas cap. I will be reviewing some of their other items shortly as I decide what will look good on the car.

:cheers:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
What is the difference between Carbon 2 Carbon and Carbon Dynamics? I think CD has the Track Pack wing that I REALLY like.

Carbon Dynamics was removed as a vendor from MS6 because of the number of complaints against them they had. I would not get anything from them.

Thst said, love your GT350 OP!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
What is the difference between Carbon 2 Carbon and Carbon Dynamics? I think CD has the Track Pack wing that I REALLY like.
Two seperate companies with two very different levels of customer service and quality of product. I have not personally bought any parts from carbon dynamics so I don't speak from first hand experience. But their parts are not exact copies of the OEM like Carbon2Carbon and that is known from others that bought from them. I will say that Chris at Carbon2Carbon is very professional and his staff are easily accessible to enthusiasts that have questions. I will continue to spend my money there without concern for the quality of what I receive.
Carbon Dynamics was removed as a vendor from MS6 because of the number of complaints against them they had. I would not get anything from them.

Thst said, love your GT350 OP!
Thanks brother. Can't wait to get pics up of my latest install.bolus I just treated the mirror caps to some jet seal & wax so they look killer

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
All right boys. Here it is. The @Carbon2Carbon GT350R spoiler install. First off I will say that the spoiler is a very well made piece. exact copy of the 350R mold and the exposed carbon fiber is a nice touch. This setup includes the newly designed carbon fiber center piece to cover the holes left by the track/tech spoiler. The part is shipped to you very well packaged with all the required hardware. I will explain the install as best I can and what worked for me. The pictures were taken in my driveway with a ton of bushes, shadows, and its trash day so forgive them. I am planning a shoot with a Ford GT when I get the time.

Overall the job itself took about 3 hours total. This includes removing the old spoiler, cleaning, prep, drilling, and installing the new piece. I completed it at home in my garage without any help. Removal of the spoiler is explained earlier in my build thread so i won’t really go into it here. I will add that removal of the old double sided tape is made much easier with a heat gun.

Once your surface is clean the next step is to drill the holes. The spoiler comes with a foam based gasket that will ultimately be your template to drill with. For the Tech/Track pack cars the initial placement of the gasket is easy because the inner bolt hole matches the location on the factory spoiler. Your best bet is place the template centered on the factory hole, then make it as even as possible on the edges of the trunk. Once that is done place several pieces of tape and then take measurements. Pick a location on each hole and measure the distance from there to the edge of the trunk. Adjust as necessary to replicate that on the other side and your done

IMG_2674.jpg

The hardest part of this whole operation is having the balls to drill into your stock trunk. I had to put the drill down and walk away for a night before i could man up and get it done. In all honesty the drilling will only take 10 minutes. I left the template in place and simply drilled straight down using my iPhone as a level. Once done i sprayed some white rust preventer into a cap and then brushed it on with a small paint brush. The two holes on the left are what you drill. The three holes on the bottom are there from the factory

IMG_2680.jpg

After about an hour it was time to install the spoiler. It is a little tricky to maneuver without help, so I loosely installed one bolt in each side to hold it in place. The spoiler comes with a M6 metric bolt that is a little short in my opinion. I went down to my local mom/pop hardware store and got 6 M6x16 bolts with a few extra threads. You may have a total pucker moment when you go to line up the holes and they didn’t match dead perfect. What I quickly realized is the spoiler has some flex. I recommend getting all three bolts started on one side, then you can pull the spoiler to match the holes on the other side. The bolts then lined up perfect and I was done. Be sure to use some blue loctite on all the heads and DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. You run those bolts down too hard and crack something and your world will end

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0764.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

So far I am loving the spoiler. The center piece is sleek and low profile. Easily painted if you have a solid colored car, and it blends pretty well with the stripes. It may not be “The” option for you, but it is “an” option that is available. Outside of the aesthetics and aerodynamics, my side view mirror has an awesome view. Another unexpected benefit is the spoiler also blocks the headlights from cars behind me.

DSC_0770.jpg

Overall I am pleased. Chris @Carbon2Carbon will continue to get my money in the future and their service and parts are top notch. I would recommend some sealant and wax on all the exposed carbon fiber pieces, I applied some to the spoiler and S550 Carbon mirror caps for a nice shine.

DSC_0767.jpg

Feel free to share your thoughts an opinions. Good, bad, or indifferent.

Zemedici

Established Member
Thanks brother. Going to start my video project here soon. Too bad your wife doesn't edit those also.

When is the big wheel reveal?

I read your response to her and she said 'I can do it!' If ya wanna give her a shot

Haven't had time to finish cleaning the paint off them, hopefully soon now that works slowed down a bit.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Finally.

Remember i said you should have put the R wing... lol

DOH!!!

LOOKS STUNNING!!!
Thanks man. You were absolutely right
I read your response to her and she said 'I can do it!' If ya wanna give her a shot

Haven't had time to finish cleaning the paint off them, hopefully soon now that works slowed down a bit.

I just got my stabilizer and camera rail in today. Waiting for my laptop to show up so I can do the editing on it. Of course I still need to buy the software. Thinking of using Corel. What does she have? It never fails that work picks up when you have parts to install, but is slow when you don't have parts laying around

Zemedici

Established Member
I just got my stabilizer and camera rail in today. Waiting for my laptop to show up so I can do the editing on it. Of course I still need to buy the software. Thinking of using Corel. What does she have? It never fails that work picks up when you have parts to install, but is slow when you don't have parts laying around

I shall ask her what she uses and let you know! Always how it goes, havent had a chance to work on them in 2 weeks. Really bums me out :( hahahah

Users who are viewing this thread