Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Went to Cars & Coffee this past weekend. Beautiful day. Saw this sick RWB Porsche. First one I have seen in person. I have seen build videos online, but the quality in person is stunning

DSC_0131.jpg

My brother @dTb also finally took delivery of his Competition Orange GT350 that he also ordered from Elk Grove Ford. Needless to say he is excited. Took a couple pics with his car and a few others out there. @Swedensky also had his all white GT350. Grins ear to ear

DSC_0140_1.jpg
DSC_0135.jpg
DSC_0143_1.jpg
DSC_0141_1.jpg

Then I spent a little too long at the car show while the wife was at home with the baby. Soooooo it cost me a manicure/pedicure and I decided to put the car on ice for a few days to stay out of trouble

image_11.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Got the car up on the rack for the caliper install. If you ever have the chance to get up under your car, or someone elses GT350, spend some time looking over the underbody. Ford did some good engineering with this car. I could stand under it for an hour and admire the thought the went into it.

image_17.jpg

Also got my coil covers back from my good buddies paint shop. had them done in DIB to match the stripes. My problem now is figuring out how to apply color to the recessed "powered by ford" and borders. Anyone have a creative solution?

image_16.jpg

these pics were with my ipotato so forgive the quality

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Are those powdercoated stokcers?

These are the OEM calipers from the GT350R. The calipers are the same between the 350/350R other than the color. So essentially yes.

I added a little touch of Carbon Fiber to the steering wheel. I think it added a nice touch.

DSC_0299.jpg

Fabulous Fords Forever was a great show and a great weekend. 3 days of cars, alcohol, and sleeping. Got to the show a little late after recovering from the night before. After the show we took a few more pictures.

DSC_0289.jpg
DSC_0284.jpg
DSC_0287.jpg
DSC_0274.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0285.jpg
DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg
DSC_0281.jpg
DSC_0283.jpg
DSC_0273.jpg
DSC_0272.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Finally got the coil covers done. Ordered the inserts from Emblempros and they were super cool to deal with. Great product too. Had the colonial covers painted local by a friend at Daves Autosport. All in all I am into these about $150 and I got the exact look I wanted.

image_44.jpg

image_45.jpg

image_46.jpg

And a little swag I got from VoodooBOSS at Track Mustangs Online

image_47.jpg

At this point the car is done except for the wheels. Then adding the Upcoming performance/cooling upgrades Ford Performance is working on. I am still waiting to hear back about an R I have a lead on. If that doesn't pan out then I will be looking forward to years of fun to come with Han Solo.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Awesome pics T, your GT350 is killer man!! :beer:

Thanks J. You gotta check th car out next time we meet up.

Owners supplement came in today. Super juiced about it. Lots of cool swag included and definitely another nice touch from Ford. Do other auto makers do this for their specialty vehicles?

image_48.jpg

image_51.jpg

image_50.jpg

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Now that's awesome. I wish SVT did something like that for the 13/14 GT500s

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love those new coil covers. Different and nice! You're living the dream my friend. :rockon:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Now that's awesome. I wish SVT did something like that for the 13/14 GT500s
Wait wait wait. I thought Ford did this with the GT500, Boss, and GT350?
I love those new coil covers. Different and nice! You're living the dream my friend. :rockon:
Thanks Bob. The more time I spend with it I am debating on giving up this hunt for the R and just enjoy the car I have. Are you planning to develop any parts for these cars? Loved your shifter gaskets on my previous rides
That kit they sent you is awesome. I love the mini FPC model and poster and certificate, awesome job for Ford on that one.
I had seen many others receive them before me, but opening up the box and seeing all the customized stuff was way cooler than anything I had seen online.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Have a little bit of an update. I got to attend the track tour at Buttonwillow race way. Had a hell of a time and thoroughly enjoyed driving the DIB R model. I will upgrade to the R at some point when all the stars align. I snapped a few pics from that event. Also had Jim Owens, Mark Schaller, and my FP driving instructor sign the strut tower brace. They enjoyed seeing the custom Coil Covers.

DSC_0324.jpg
DSC_0332.jpg
DSC_0333.jpg
DSC_0330.jpg
DSC_0331.jpg
DSC_0353.jpg

After driving the R I knew I wanted to delete the resonators. I am fortunate enough to live about 45 minutes from AED so I had Drew weld in some stainless steel exhaust pipe in place of the resonators. It cost a little more but I wanted quality material and welds. Drew took the time to drop the entire exhaust, weld around the entire pipe. He also was able to cut/modify the stock heat shield so it could be retained and welded it back on. His welding ability is MONEY. Car sounds great by the way
image_54.jpg

Lastly the wife went to IKEA and picked up a frame for me to mount my GT350 photo from. This is the print that is included in the owners supplement.
DSC_0348.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks great! Any vids of the new exhaust set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well I decided to tackle adding the ZL1 add ons Splitter Guard Washers. These are designed for the ZL1/Z06 cars, but I thought they would work on our car as well and decided to give them a shot. I had given the splitter a couple minor scratches already and want it to last.

Initially I was dreading the install and drilling into the Carbon2Carbon R front splitter. With most DIY projects I expected it to take forever having to measure and mark out places to strategically place the washers, but once the car was up in the air I was pleasantly surprised

I heard the Carbon2Carbon products were a direct copy of the OEM molds, but I was never sure of that. When I got under the car I noticed that the factory locations where the OEM R splitter would normally have riveted washers was still there! These little nubs made it easy to reuse as drill locations for the new washers. The only down side was the kit comes with 15 washers, and you need 17 total to use in all the factory locations. Kudos to Carbon2Carbon for definitely having OEM quality parts.

DSC_0519.jpg

15 minutes later I had the holes drilled and the washers fastened. Hardest part of the whole ordeal was getting the car on and off of the Race Ramps now that the R splitter affects the ground clearance angle.

[
DSC_0521.jpg

I would say the ZL1 addons washers are worth the investment and the countersunk head makes sure your screws don't get jacked if you happen to kiss the pavement. If you order them go through Amazon for cheaper shipping, or call them direct to try and order the extra needed washers.

DSC_0522.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread