Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I love the color, stripes and pin-stripe combo. Really good looking car. Not surprised you paid ADM on it. Your dealer hopefully will take care of you as promised.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Can't lie, before I looked at the pictures, I was thinking I'm not going to like this.

I was totally wrong. Man it looks great!!

The stripe is a nice touch! Beautiful car!

Congrats. Sharp GT350 love the color as well.

Thanks gents for the compliments. Can't wait to add a set of wheels and the track pack spoiler.....
Han Solo? what?

Been a Star Wars fan for a while. Couldn't pass up on the opportunity for the plate.

Absolutely gorgeous!
...and...we gotta know, please describe how that flat plane crank sounds when it's wound up??!!

It sounds amazing brother. I often find myself rolling down the window and turning off the radio. The sound at 8000 rpm is crazy. I see people rolling in my blind spot just to hear it.
Congratulations! I love the color, stripes and pin-stripe combo. Really good looking car. Not surprised you paid ADM on it. Your dealer hopefully will take care of you as promised.
Yeah Bob I am lucky the dealer is taking good care of me. Handling any paint or fitment issues without question and also getting me dealer pricing on my 3M clear bra install. Not to mention I'm getting any parts at employee pricing now. My decision to stick with them Is paying off
Saw one today but it was wrap in a VMP banner. Pretty sharp ride OP.

Thanks man. I haven't seen another one on the road yet, but I am sure it's only a matter of time

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
First round of mods came in

-Redline quick lift hood struts
-Craig's custom license plate bracket
-LED interior/exterior light upgrade
-Steeda 35# clutch helper spring

d15f114506fc2d728c7d2498511dd61e.jpg

Next up is the clear bra, track pack spoiler, Ford Performance oil separators, and R spec wheels....

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Beautiful car OP!! If I were to ever get one, it would be in this exact color. I have only seen one in person on the street in a mall parking lot, it was a Grey one without stripes. Car was a neck breaker, people were literally passing by staring at it.

I cant wait to hear one at its full potential! An E60 M5 top my list in car sounds and from hearing the GT350 in vids, this looks to top it.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Welcome to the club! Like you I'm usually keeping it at >4000 RPM with the windows down, just to listen to that motor.

The red pinstripe is a very nice touch.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Beautiful car OP!! If I were to ever get one, it would be in this exact color. I have only seen one in person on the street in a mall parking lot, it was a Grey one without stripes. Car was a neck breaker, people were literally passing by staring at it.

I cant wait to hear one at its full potential! An E60 M5 top my list in car sounds and from hearing the GT350 in vids, this looks to top it.
I must admit this is the best factory exhaust I've ever experienced. The debate is whether or not to remove the resonators like the R models. From what I've heard the sound is pretty raw. Lots of snap, crackle, pop.
Welcome to the club! Like you I'm usually keeping it at >4000 RPM with the windows down, just to listen to that motor.

The red pinstripe is a very nice touch.
Thanks T. With this car I am going the less is more route. Only doing modifications that should have come from the factory, or are shared between the track/R models.

Will you be at Knotts car show this year or in the area? Love to check out your R

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice set of starting mods. I still can't believe Ford does not put hood struts on these cars or any model Mustang yet.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Nice set of starting mods. I still can't believe Ford does not put hood struts on these cars or any model Mustang yet.
You and me both man....
Get the R spoiler bro! They complete the look of this car especially with the front splitter of the gt350s.

I know what you mean. I only want to run OEM parts and the R spoiler is $7k from Ford. Not to mention I would have to redrill the trunk and fill the stock holes. The aftermarket copies don't look the same and when mounted sit too far to the rear. Then throw in the cost of the R front splitter to balance out the look.... It's just damn expensive.

Got some love from Steeda though....
0a313af8b1cb5ca08654e8a5d2cd334c.jpg

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Got all the parts on today. Took about 2 hours total. Pretty easy installs with great benefits. Will share some thoughts on each and pics/vids where i have them

Steeda Clutch Helper Spring: Took about 10 minutes to install total. Would have been faster had i done it before. Real straight forward process, but I think our cars have a second helper spring that the normal S550 cars don't have. I couldn't find a picture of it online, but you will see once you get in there. The results of the upgrade are great. I have much better feel for where the clutch engages, and still have the assist with a light clutch pedal. Also no rattle or play in the pedal. I recommend it, would buy it again, and its $10 well spent.

Redline Hood Struts: This install took about 15 minutes total. The little struts hold the hood well and will raise the hood on their own once you are about half way up. Install is super easy and worth the money. would post a picture, but you have all seen them. I sprung for the upgraded set and would buy again.

DSC_0126.jpg
DSC_0128.jpg
DSC_0123.jpg

Diode Dynamics LED Interior Lights: These little puppies changed the lighting of the interior dramatically. Everything is way bright now and the cool white is awesome. I ended up unscrewing and taking off the sun visor mirror to get at the vanity bulbs. You can spend 15 minutes trying to fish out the little vanity bulbs, then another 10 trying to finesse the new ones in. Or spend 5 minutes unscrewing and popping off the mirror plate to make it much easier. Here are some after pics. This is just LED lighting, no camera flash. I would by again.

DSC_0119.jpg
DSC_0120.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg

Diode Dynamics Reverse Light: I went for the upgraded model. Install took about 15 minutes. Way easier than the video i saw on CJ Pony Parts as they took too many steps. I just unbolted the 2 13mm screws, removed the 6 or so push pins, and removed the 2 larger push pins. The cover drops down in the rear enough for you to easily change the bulb without removing the front two bolts on the cover, or putting the car up in the air. You may have a little tighter space if you have the diff cooler. I would buy it again for sure. Here is a video of the reverse light and an exhaust clip.

https://youtu.be/j3O9wn5H0FU

[video=youtube;j3O9wn5H0FU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3O9wn5H0FU[/video]

Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals: These lights were a little expensive but they turned out fantastic. The passenger side was easy enough to change since you can reach down through the opening behind the bumper. Driver side will require removing a few clips on the splash guard and wiggling past one of the coolers. Turn the wheel to the right for more clearance. I opted for amber LED parking lamps from Superbrightleds.com, instead of the cool white Diode offers. You still get the look of a clear housing, but i like having some amber lighting to the front. Here is a video of them operating. I would buy these again as well

https://youtu.be/6PwbNpV0jEI

[video=youtube;6PwbNpV0jEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PwbNpV0jEI[/video]

Next round of mods soon to come

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread