Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Today was a good day. Got a decent license plate frame to put on the car...
DSC_0139.jpg

Then I got some pictures from my dealer showing what just came in today..... Shut Yo Mouth!!
1353e89802396c42bddc47b75887d90b.jpg
aeff81d3745eea7e0e85c7211f9695c5.jpg
6f4ffefc9fdf7b042d869740907bb92a.jpg

Looks like the Track Pack spoiler to me :ford:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Got the car back from Elk Grove Ford. They took care of all the rock chips and the paint booger on the hood no questions asked, or cost to me. Really glad I bought the car there.

Genesis tint in Elk Grove sent me a few pics of the progress for the clear bra install. Can't wait to pick it up in the morning!!
image_4.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_7.jpg

In other news my Fathers Day gift from last year finally arrived. Looking forward to hear helping with he first oil change when I hit 500 miles.

image_6.jpg

Took this as a little momento the other day. And yes, the gas light comes on at a quarter tank. That gas guzzler tax is there for a reason

image_8.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Got the car back from the clear bra install at Genesis. Came out real seamless. I had them wrap the car from the A-pillar forward, edges of the doors, and a little something extra on the mirrors. Came out to about 1800 total, but now i do not hesitate on driving the car. The clear bra really made the stripes POP!! If you are in the greater sacrament area I would recommend them.

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

Then I took the car out to Euro Sunday. I had the only one out there and it was a hit. Wish I could have taken the afternoon drive, but had to get back to some family stuff. Had the chance to meet up with one of the guys who organizes the Hooked on Driving events. Looking forward to getting out with that group. Here are few pics from that event.

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg
DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg
DSC_0148.jpg
DSC_0147.jpg
DSC_0150.jpg
DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

Now just waiting for the spoiler and oil separators to arrive. Wheels should be here at some point before the Knotts show. Then still need to decide what to do about the brake calipers. That will probably wrap it up for modifications, then just focus on driving and paying off this bad boy.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Looks like a great show you went to. Anyone know what wheel is on the black Porsche in the pic below the White Panamera? Love your Shelby!!! BTW, what did the R Spec wheels set you back?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Dat E30. =D The S38 looks like it was meant for that engine bay.
I know man. Every time I see that car around town I crack a grin and smile.

Looks like a great show you went to. Anyone know what wheel is on the black Porsche in the pic below the White Panamera? Love your Shelby!!! BTW, what did the R Spec wheels set you back?
The wheels I ordered are being made by need for speed motorsports. They are spun forged instead of carbon fiber, but in the factory R offsets/size
I like to take pics with my shirt off too

Hahah. I hadn't even noticed that until now.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Congrats man, that car looks so good.
Does this mean the cobra is sold?

Whats up Chris? Yeah the Cobra is sold, but missed. How is your car coming along? last i heard you had some monster blower that would eat small children....

The spoiler came in today with the oil separators and coolant tank cover. Looks like the spoiler is all prepared and ready to install from Ford. It even comes with a template for the install if your trunk lid does not have holes.

DSC_0054_1.jpg
DSC_0049_1.jpg
DSC_0052_1.jpg
DSC_0051_1.jpg
DSC_0050_1.jpg

I also got the oil separators and coolant expansion tank on today. Both the oil separators installed fairly easy. About 45 minutes total for everything. Here is a before shot.

DSC_0060_1.jpg

For the passenger side separator the moving of the wires is super simple. It literally involves pushing them over a few inches to install the tabs, then that is it. The passenger side loom clips back into the separator bracket. For both separators i would advise getting all the tubes connected first, then lock down the separator. The instructions recommend you mount the separator first, then do the connections. I found it harder to get the connections in place with the separators installed, and had to loosen them back up.

The tank cover was pretty easy to install also and does clean up the engine bay a lot. The quality of the plastic is not quite what i expected for the price, but it does serve its purpose. For the install I can see the plastic needs to be a little pliable.

DSC_0061_1.jpg

The driver side is super easy also. These slip fittings on the tubes are a sinch. The driver side recommends trimming the sound deadening on one of the push pin tabs on the shock tower. I just reused the plastic push pin that originally came out since it was longer. If i need to at some point it will lightly trim the sound deadening and install the new one. The amount you need to trim is only a few mm at most.

DSC_0062_1.jpg

I should have the spoiler installed Wednesday or Thursday depending on my time after work.

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Looks great! All mods are very tasteful and compliment the car extremely well. Keep it up!!

Thanks brother. In the spirit of keeping things going

Track Pack Spoiler is on

DSC_0067_1.jpg
DSC_0069_1.jpg
DSC_0066.jpg
DSC_0068_1.jpg

While driving home I had some goober behind me in a cutlass honking his horn and rolling his hands like he wanted me to spin the tires. I guess it is the new spoiler. People riding behind me with their phones out taking pics/videos. Another good day for the Shelby. Hope this info was helpful. I do not do many write ups so those of you with better ideas or specifics feel free to add them. Or if you have a better way of doing it.

Looks like the only other mods to go are the wheels and brake calipers

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Car looks great. It's hard to choose a color on the new GT350 because it looks good in everything, but I am sticking to solid black w/ no stripes. But the white w/ Blue looks stunning.

By the way, glad you did not get the 'R' spoiler. That spoiler belongs on the 'R' model. Beautiful car man.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Newest mods for the Shelby arrived. Not sure when I will install these lol. The Recaro car seat fits pretty well and matches the interior. We have two other 4 doors for family duty. Now at least I have the option to take the little guy along if we decide to drive to Utah for the GT350 Track Attack, Bakersfield for the GT350 Track Tour, or just out to a car show with the little guy.

DSC_0093.gif
DSC_0097.gif
DSC_0098.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Had a few odds and ends show up. Some expected, some not.

Got a few items in the mail. An invitation to the Track Tour which I will be attending at Buttonwillow. Hope to see some of you guys there. Also got a cool little owners pamphlet from Ford. Nothing GT350 specific, but cool. Last thing was a hand written thank you card from Steeda. I have NEVER gotten something like this from a parts company. I can say that the small amount of time and postage just earned them a customer for life.

DSC_0116_1.jpg
DSC_0117.jpg
DSC_0119_1.jpg

Parts wise I ordered some LED Diode Dynamics side maker lights. I installed them today in about 15 minutes. They look much better than the stock halogen bulbs. Wish Ford would have just gone all out with the LED's on the car, but it probably also kept the price down. Either way I think it was $80 well spent and I am happy with the quality and looks.

Before
DSC_0106_1.jpg

After
DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0104_1.jpg
DSC_0105_1.jpg

DSC_0107_1.jpg

DSC_0110_1.jpg
DSC_0111.jpg
DSC_0112.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread