Installed CDC Light Bar

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Installed the CDC light bar over the weekend. I spent the better part of my day on it, but I wasn't in a rush. Pictures are good, but it just looks better in person, for some reason. I'm very happy with the instructions and the overall fit and finish. It changes the look of the car, IMO.
212EDA4B-14E5-4282-9A94-D4188BE9243D.JPG
D3B75A83-001B-4865-B341-D8EFB14622E4.JPG
7696C0A1-ECB8-4CFE-BECC-CA60664F0320.JPG
C694CEA3-E1E9-49DF-B85B-1C899B0550DE.JPG

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Looks awesome OP! I recently purchased a Carbon Fiber CDC for my vert that's still sitting in the box. I plan on installing it just before spring. Great looking terminator!

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Thanks guys- I'm extremely pleased with the way it turned out. I knew I was committed after the first hole in the 1/4 panel plastics. I was a little nervous, but everything fit perfectly. I recommend it to others.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Your original post made me pull the trigger as well. Should be installing mine this weekend. Just hope it looks half as good as yours!

Great! I don't think you'll be disappointed. The biggest thing for me to get over was drilling the necessary holes in the panels. I made it a bigger deal than it really needed to be. Besides, the fit and finish looks OEM and the benefits of the bar outweigh drilling on the panels.

I did have some SEM charcoal interior spray laying around that I used for the 4 1" plastic plugs that snap into the holes where the bar mounts. They are black otherwise. To me, that added a finishing touch, like it was OEM. I recommend SEM FV-38 Dark Charcoal paint and the SEM XXX Adhesion Promoter 77723. Its all in the details.

The brake light will illuminate even though the top is up, but it doesn't appear to be that obnoxious.

Its a day's work for the average wrench.

golfer11689

Established Member
Great! I don't think you'll be disappointed. The biggest thing for me to get over was drilling the necessary holes in the panels. I made it a bigger deal than it really needed to be. Besides, the fit and finish looks OEM and the benefits of the bar outweigh drilling on the panels.

I did have some SEM charcoal interior spray laying around that I used for the 4 1" plastic plugs that snap into the holes where the bar mounts. They are black otherwise. To me, that added a finishing touch, like it was OEM. I recommend SEM FV-38 Dark Charcoal paint and the SEM XXX Adhesion Promoter 77723. Its all in the details.

The brake light will illuminate even though the top is up, but it doesn't appear to be that obnoxious.

Great minds think a like! I ordered a can to do the same thing. I'm going to wire mine up to a switch and install it in the center console so I can shut it off when the top is up. Will probably only bug me in the middle of the night, but just wanted to prepare for the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
That's an awesome idea. Also, a final thought on the seatbelt guides: I have an average build at 5'8" tall. I found that I didn't have to remove or modify my guides at all for my height and I can still lean the seat back more if I want to. Others may have to mod or remove, but I guess i lucked out. All I'm saying is that its possible that one can avoid screwing around with them if your maybe 5'9" or shorter.

txrunner

Established Member

Don't know if you know or not but there is an in line switch you can buy to automatically turn off the CDC brake light when the top is up. Costs about $28-30 dollars. Easy to do when you are splicing in the wiring under the rear seats.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I like the look of the CDC bar too. My car came with one, but the previous owner didn't do anything about the seat belt guides that were making contact with the bar. It cause some minor damage on the bar that I got professionally fixed. I then added the Roush low profile guides that were made to fit under the light bar. They work great! I don't have a shot that shows them, but here is my car with the bar on the tar not too far:

You_Doodle_2017-02-07T19_29_54Z_zps0kvj1uer.jpg

Dimitri318

Established Member
Don't know if you know or not but there is an in line switch you can buy to automatically turn off the CDC brake light when the top is up. Costs about $28-30 dollars. Easy to do when you are splicing in the wiring under the rear seats.

Do you know where to get this switch? I think people have said webelectric sells them but I don't see them on there website? Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.

txrunner

Established Member
Do you know where to get this switch? I think people have said webelectric sells them but I don't see them on there website? Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.

http://www.myhotmustang.com/WebElec.../Light-Bar-Switch-_-Splice_In-_-LBS_1/586431/

$37.99 More expensive than I remember. I originally bought mine from either American Muscle or Late Model Restoration (don't remember anymore). I would give A.M. a call to see if the can still get them otherwise try the site I listed (I've never used or heard of them). The light on with the top up may not bother you but my OCD made me do the switch.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I personally think all convertible Terminators (and others) benefit great by adding a light bar. The before and after is huge IMO. Your DSG Cobra looks really good after adding your CDC light bar. Big thumbs up!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread