Latest Drivetrain and Horsepower Speculation?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
ee199f8e61ef72d84df8d67b28073c6f.jpg

I think it's this
Last of the V8 interceptors....

Breitling

Established Member
There's some interesting guesses in here. I have a feeling that the car will sell very well, but I also think it will strengthen the market for some of the older SVTs.

For me, this is the most intriguing post to date. Maybe a reference to the 13/14 Trinity's and how the new motor might be something smaller...or perhaps an EcoBoost V6?

redlineit

Established Member
A lot of us want a twin turbo set-up for the next GT500.

The former Ford engineer ('BMacIL' on another board) responded to TT rumors in several different posts over the last 2 years or so.

I quoted him directly below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good luck trying to fit a TT V6 in the S550. It takes up more room in the F-150 than the 5.0. It'll require significant retooling for the 7th gen to put in, in order to meet package requirements."

"A parallel turbo setup does not require two heat exchangers, you simply need two inlets and one outlet. The EB V6 engines are setup exactly like this.
Go try measuring the space between the header inlet flange and the closest hard points. You're not fitting a manifold, turbo and piping in there and still meeting minimum package requirements for engine roll (particularly for very hot components...their minimums are higher). It's not a fair comparison with Ford doing the voodoo, as that takes up the same package space as the coyote. The challenge of combating the significant shaking forces is a good one, but simply requires a lot of development time. They're not doing new front-end sheet metal and structure to package this kind of stuff...simply too expensive. Doing new fenders and hood for the GT350 is easy. Those have little impact on crash test results and are relatively cheap as far as tooling is concerned."

"The only way they could do it would be to drastically change the engine architecture and go to a V-nested single, twin-scroll turbo ala M5/M6. They'd probably have to go dry sump to get it to package under the hood (or just put a big dent in the hood!"

"Hot V would've required a new dash/engine tunnel. It would also mean all new heads and would require a dual airbox & throttle body inlet design. Too much change to commonize with the rest of S550 assembly."

Clemson

Established Member
Just give us a massively better looking car than any of the other horrid looking S550s to date, shoehorn a big V8 into it, slap a TVS on it, and shove some giant ass rubber under its ass for the first time in mustang history - why do we have these freaking bicycle tires on a nearly 700 hp car anyway!?! Make this car and Ill be happy. But building these Euro-douche looking turbo cars just isnt my style, and frankly should never have been the style for any mustang ever.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Styling is definitely subjective....I think the S550, especially the GT350 are the sexiest mustang design to date.

Just give us a massively better looking car than any of the other horrid looking S550s to date, shoehorn a big V8 into it, slap a TVS on it, and shove some giant ass rubber under its ass for the first time in mustang history - why do we have these freaking bicycle tires on a nearly 700 hp car anyway!?! Make this car and Ill be happy. But building these Euro-douche looking turbo cars just isnt my style, and frankly should never have been the style for any mustang ever.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

The former Ford engineer ('BMacIL' on another board) responded to TT rumors in several different posts over the last 2 years or so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good luck trying to fit a TT V6 in the S550. It takes up more room in the F-150 than the 5.0. It'll require significant retooling for the 7th gen to put in, in order to meet package requirements."

"A parallel turbo setup does not require two heat exchangers, you simply need two inlets and one outlet. The EB V6 engines are setup exactly like this.
Go try measuring the space between the header inlet flange and the closest hard points. You're not fitting a manifold, turbo and piping in there and still meeting minimum package requirements for engine roll (particularly for very hot components...their minimums are higher). It's not a fair comparison with Ford doing the voodoo, as that takes up the same package space as the coyote. The challenge of combating the significant shaking forces is a good one, but simply requires a lot of development time. They're not doing new front-end sheet metal and structure to package this kind of stuff...simply too expensive. Doing new fenders and hood for the GT350 is easy. Those have little impact on crash test results and are relatively cheap as far as tooling is concerned."

"The only way they could do it would be to drastically change the engine architecture and go to a V-nested single, twin-scroll turbo ala M5/M6. They'd probably have to go dry sump to get it to package under the hood (or just put a big dent in the hood!"

"Hot V would've required a new dash/engine tunnel. It would also mean all new heads and would require a dual airbox & throttle body inlet design. Too much change to commonize with the rest of S550 assembly."

The pill?

conceptmachine

Established Member

He also said it has the DCT out of the GT. Its a wait and see what actually gets brought to market.
I didn't like the v6 TT in the raptor, I already got rid of mine. it wasn't so much the motor, but other things, like the brakes, the way the electronics were set up etc.
I would like to have the turbo v8.
Supercharged would be acceptable to me, as long as it doesn't weight 4000 lbs. No wheel hop BS from factory. If its a v6 count me out on this one, I'll find something else. I do like the thought of the A10 or DCT for lightning quick shifts with a coffee in my hands. I'm gonna go with what the insiders have been saying. 2650 mated to the 5.2 with cross plane crank making between 750 and 810 HP...with a beefed up DCT from the GT. Car will probably come with 315 out back minimum, possibly 325's with 305 or a bit larger up front. Car will excel more at straight line speed but also be a good track car. Mid 10's with the auto at just under 4000 lbs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

You're def going to get some fat tires, possibly the biggest ever fit to a Mustang.

gofast15

Established Member
Next GT500 won't have V6 for sure . it will either have 4.8TT or 5.0 with TVS supercharger . That's what these test mules had been running . Now it's just a waiting game

TERMN8U

Established Member
Next GT500 won't have V6 for sure . it will either have 4.8TT or 5.0 with TVS supercharger . That's what these test mules had been running . Now it's just a waiting game
How do you come to the conclusion of. 4.8tt? And a 5.0 with a blower? Everyone else thinks 5.2 with tvs. Do you know someone.....?

Users who are viewing this thread