Latest Drivetrain and Horsepower Speculation?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man this is tough because I can't decide if it's gonna be the new eaton blower, or twin turbo's. Kind of hoping twin turbos too be different.

Any who it will come standard with a tremec six speed. With an optional 10spd auto. Stroked coyote or cross plane 5.2. 750hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Man this is tough because I can't decide if it's gonna be the new eaton blower, or twin turbo's. Kind of hoping twin turbos too be different.

Any who it will come standard with a tremec six speed. With an optional 10spd auto. Stroked coyote or cross plane 5.2. 750hp.

If it were a TT engine, do you think it would still be a V8? If so, how would they be packaged in a way that could be assembled on the Flat Rock line?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
There's some interesting guesses in here. I have a feeling that the car will sell very well, but I also think it will strengthen the market for some of the older SVTs.
Is the view nice from your perch on the fence, sir? Lol.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
If it were a TT engine, do you think it would still be a V8?

An ecoboost V-8 with larger turbos wouldn't be a far stretch I would guess. I can't imagine engineers at Ford haven't concocted specs after a brainstorming meeting.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok. I'd like to see twin snails on a GT350 motor, but with beefier internals. As most have said here, 10 speed makes sense to compete with Dodge's A8. In any version, it'll have to be spectacular for me to consider selling my '13

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If it was a twin turbo setup, I wonder if they would go with an asymmetrical pair? Be some interesting plumbing.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Sid knows more then he's leading us to believe he just likes watching us squirm.

If the S550 GT500 ever makes it to the production floor it will likely be a V8 with 100mm bore spacing and have to resort to twin turbos if it wants to run with the pack. That's going to take that motor to the limit on pump gas. Ford needs to overcome lag but allow enough boost to make 800 hp which can be in conflict with one another. I think most car buyers will be looking for stump pulling low end torque and "on-demand" power out of the GT500 not a sudden onslaught of horsepower when the clock strikes 3500. This car has to compete with Chrysler and GM who are running big PD blown engines which is what this car should be running as well and there is almost "zero" chances of that happening. I'm still munching on my popcorn waiting to see how this movie turns out.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If it were a TT engine, do you think it would still be a V8? If so, how would they be packaged in a way that could be assembled on the Flat Rock line?

That's a good question. I would hope so but with the Ford GT any option is on the table. It would probably piss off a lot of people. Maybe leading to the svt value you posted earlier? Not sure how they would package it at flat rock though.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I am now sure that this motor is a 5.2 with the 2650 on it. What would and illuminator with that blower and emissions legal tune make for power?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm going with the 5.2X variant or whatever.. 5.0, GT350 heads, and TVS 2650 or whatever. 10spd and 6spd trans to choose from and around 750-800hp

snakecharmer

Established Member
I hope it's a supercharged V8. That would most fit with what I think that car's target audience wants. I'd be fine with a TT application as well, just as long as it isn't that stupid little V6 nonsense they ruined the Raptor with.

Users who are viewing this thread