Latest Drivetrain and Horsepower Speculation?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. So you want to be entertained?

Aaaaannnnnddddd

There off!!!!

EDIT: suppose is should contribute.

Im sticking with the new Eaton R2650 on top of a coyote-variant motor. Not sure on size but a stroked Coyote to the tune of 5.4 or bigger would be sweet.

750 horsepower.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Lol. So you want to be entertained?

Aaaaannnnnddddd

There off!!!!

EDIT: suppose is should contribute.

Im sticking with the new Eaton R2650 on top of a coyote-variant motor. Not sure on size but a stroked Coyote to the tune of 5.4 or bigger would be sweet.

750 horsepower.
Transmission?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My bet is Ford will offer a choice of the conventional Tremec 6 speed or the new 10 speed to compete with the Hellcat.

Now, Mr. In-The-Know, the real question is ---- Are you going to give us minions any nuggets of information goodness?

:p

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep! Its just us 3.

Shhhh. We wont tell..promise!

Alright how about this Travis.

Do you think there will be either official word or reputable second-hand info before 2017 is over?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going with 675hp and the 10-speed auto, with a 6-speed manual as a second choice.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going with 675hp and the 10-speed auto, with a 6-speed manual as a second choice.

I think from just a pricing standpoint, the manual will be standard. That way they can charge more for the 10-speed, and still have a 'low' "starting at price".

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's some interesting guesses in here. I have a feeling that the car will sell very well, but I also think it will strengthen the market for some of the older SVTs.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There's some interesting guesses in here. I have a feeling that the car will sell very well, but I also think it will strengthen the market for some of the older SVTs.

Quality SVTP's are holding their own price wise.

Manual and a auto seem like a lock. I would be surprised if they F/I the Voodoo, they said N/A it had trouble meeting their NVH goals.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll guess between 725-745HP and it will be the 5.2 supercharged. (Might feature the new 2018 engine though?)
Transmission choices will be the 6 speed Tremec and 10 speed automatic.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would be surprised if they F/I the Voodoo, they said N/A it had trouble meeting their NVH goals.
Yeah, I don't know what to believe about that any more. Sometimes I hear that's true and sometimes I hear that's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread