New daily driver. Again.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm tired of putting money into my '96 GT (that's actually in the shop as I type this), plus I'll need four doors soon enough. Not to mention this is faster. :burnout: Anyway, without further ado:

1 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

2 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

3 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

4 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

5 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

6 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

7 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

8 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

9 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

10 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

11 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

12 by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

Only mods will be a complete hardpipe kit (plus HKS BOV) from APG and a DiabloSport tuner. ;-)

Jaysin

Established Member
Such fun cars, I had one for 5 yrs, and it was solid. Most people that dislike them have never even driven one, they're so fun, and dirt cheap now. Enjoy!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice DD! I predict that you'll be very happy with it. How many miles on it?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats nice don't see a lot of them anymore. I'd add one thing to your list though window tint jmho.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, the motor is stout, so you should be fine. Great that you verified the maintenance records. Enjoy it. :)

Kiohtee

Established Member
Well, the motor is stout, so you should be fine. Great that you verified the maintenance records. Enjoy it. :)

I've heard they're great cars. I'd imagine this is on par with your Mini, except the SRT-4 probably doesn't handle as well.

They're fun cars - I'd love to have one for a daily.

Besides the cheap plastic interior, it makes for a kickass DD! It even has things my 2010 Honda Civic didn't. :lol:

wow

that looks crazy clean.

It really is.

SHOdown220

Established Member
looks really clean, I didn't realize they can be had for so cheap now. Did you get any wiggle room off the 6k asking price? A friend had one years ago that he bought new and owned for several years. it was a fun car to ride in, I just remember him always having extra axles in the trunk. He went through axles like crazy, had lifetime warranty from oreilly auto parts so he was in there once or twice a month swapping out for free replacements lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
looks really clean, I didn't realize they can be had for so cheap now. Did you get any wiggle room off the 6k asking price? A friend had one years ago that he bought new and owned for several years. it was a fun car to ride in, I just remember him always having extra axles in the trunk. He went through axles like crazy, had lifetime warranty from oreilly auto parts so he was in there once or twice a month swapping out for free replacements lol

I paid $4,600.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Thanks man! Hopefully it doesn't end up being faster than my 5.0. :D

I hear you! I bought my G8 to have something fun to drive when my Z28 was being worked on or broke. Then in 2010, the Z broke and instead of fixing it I started spending money on the G8, lol. Best laid plans and all that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I hear you! I bought my G8 to have something fun to drive when my Z28 was being worked on or broke. Then in 2010, the Z broke and instead of fixing it I started spending money on the G8, lol. Best laid plans and all that.

All I really wanna do to my 5.0 is an O/R X pipe, GT500 axle-back, SCT tuner, MGW shifter, lowering springs with adjustable panhard bar and some tint. But right now it's off getting a paint correction. Then it'll probably just sit in the garage under a cover for awhile.

How are these things in the snow with a decent all season or even snow tire on it?

I'm not sure to be honest. I wouldn't imagine they'd be any different than a Civic Si/Mazdaspeed 3/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread