New shoes....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
First round of mods to my new-to-me 2007 GT500. Car came with stiff Eibach sportline springs and ditched those for a set of BMR Drag springs all the way around along with a panhard bar. On the iron block GT500s the front end sits a bit lower, but the ride is amazing on these springs! 0 complaints.

Then picked up these TF wheels and slapped on some new rubbers. 255/45r18 fronts and 285/40r18 555r's out back. Wheels are 18x10 square.

This car is 100% stock power-wise down to the paper air filter from 2007. Will be making a call to VMP to change that this week for the next round of mods.

Loving this car!

IMG_4036.JPG
IMG_4037.JPG
IMG_4039.JPG
IMG_4042.JPG
IMG_4043.JPG
IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG

72SBC

Established Member
You prefer the 555R over the Nt05 and the M/T radial?

I have 285/40/18 on mine and need new rears and trying to decide on what to get.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Car looks great man....

thanks!

Very nice! Looks awesome.

thank you

Looks great man needs tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny you say that... I was going to ask opinions...

I had "medium" on my 2014 GT and thought it was too dark.

Im enjoying the clear windows but think I might put "light" on it and see how it looks.

You prefer the 555R over the Nt05 and the M/T radial?

I have 285/40/18 on mine and new new rears and trying to decide on what to get.

This is almost worth its own thread, but here's my $.02.

My TT 2014 GT had roughly 650-700 wheel hp. I started with NT05r's in 305 19" wheel.. (forgot the height, sorry). I thought that was a GREAT tire and if I wasn't so impatient, I would have put NT05r's on this car again. Sticky enough and sidewall was hard enough to daily drive it and handle pretty well.

I also ran Mickey T's ET Street SS on that car in a 305 20" wheel and they were MUCH stickier than the NT05r. They would hook 10 psi on that car with ease. The sidewalls were soft though and the car handled much worse than the NT05r's. MT ET street SS is definitely a drag tire first and a street tire second IMO.

On the 555r's... I had a set of these about 10 years ago on a 450 whp DSM and was not impressed. Fast forward to today... the compound on the 555r is now much stickier (ive read its the same as the nt05r) and the tread depth is more shallow than 10 years ago... all of which means it should hook better.

I feel like the latest 555r will perform much better.... we shall see.

72SBC

Established Member
Hmmm I have the M/T right now and will need a new set here shortly

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ good idea. doesn't help that Im running a 255 up front. I didn't have many choices in the 18x10 wheel for the front and wanted to keep a 27" tall tire.

Ill look into the spacer though.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I think I am about to go with the 555r as well. I just hope it can be ran in rain. Not because I dd my car but just in case I get caught in it. Here in the south that can happen just about anytime in the summer months.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn brother... bet those were NOT cheap.

Hate to do it (dont hate me man) but there is something about them that just doesnt make them look quite at home for me. Maybe its the size, offset, center color, or the design, Im not sure.

Maybe they are the type of wheels that come alive in person?

Wish I loved them, specially since they are on such a badass machine, which also happens to be your car.

Anyway, hope you are loving the new ride!

08mojo

Established Member
Damn brother... bet those were NOT cheap.

Hate to do it (dont hate me man) but there is something about them that just doesnt make them look quite at home for me. Maybe its the size, offset, center color, or the design, Im not sure.

Maybe they are the type of wheels that come alive in person?

Wish I loved them, specially since they are on such a badass machine, which also happens to be your car.

Anyway, hope you are loving the new ride!

I agree, they're not my style. I have never liked the look of convex centers, on any wheel. The look is even worse on a convex wheel with a lip. It makes the wheel look like it's trying hard to be something it's not. The tire sizes are not helping much either: the fronts look a bit stretched and the rears look a bit pinched. If both front and rear tires were the same (a bit stretched or a bit pinched), I think it'd look a lot better.

Regardless OP: it's a badass ride and those are some-top notch wheels. Sometimes you gotta go with function over form, and no doubt the TF wheels are high-up on the function status!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
There was a white w/ black stripe 13 or 14 GT500 with those wheels, but the wheels were also white. Man it would have looked so much more bad ass if the wheels were black.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree, they're not my style. I have never liked the look of convex centers, on any wheel. The look is even worse on a convex wheel with a lip. It makes the wheel look like it's trying hard to be something it's not. The tire sizes are not helping much either: the fronts look a bit stretched and the rears look a bit pinched. If both front and rear tires were the same (a bit stretched or a bit pinched), I think it'd look a lot better.

Regardless OP: it's a badass ride and those are some-top notch wheels. Sometimes you gotta go with function over form, and no doubt the TF wheels are high-up on the function status!

^^ my wife said EXACTLY the same thing! you bunch of haters!! lol

Its all good fellas... I have to agree that they arent perfect. If i wasnt such a cheap ass, i'd have done it exactly the way i wanted (19x9" 20x11" staggered with proper offsets).

Truth is i got the wheels used for a great price partially due to what you mention above... tires however are brand new. Im into the whole setup for less than the price of new wheels.

And they do look amazing in person!

Users who are viewing this thread