No Throttle Input

_Satch_

Established Member
I went for a drive Saturday afternoon to fill the gas tank and add some Stabil, in preparation for the long winter nap that is coming soon. After arriving at the station, after a short 15 minute drive, I shut the engine off, filled the tank, then started the car, and I had no throttle input from the pedal. When pressing on the pedal very slightly, the engine would bog down, and would have probably stalled if I had put any more input to it. Turned the car off... started it back up... same thing happened. Shut it down again, started it back up, everything worked again. Anyone else run into this situation? I am thinking it may be an issue with the throttle body servo. Only mods on the engine are Airraid Blue filter and JLT Carbon Fiber tube, and a Bob's Oil separator.

Thanks,

Satch

TORQJNKY

OP did you notice if your dash wrench light came on? How long have the mods been on the car? Is the car tuned for the JLT tube? Is the MAF connector snapped on tight? All all the connections on your oil seperator tight?

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
I don't think any of your mods caused this?

Electronic gremlins....you did the re-boot a few times and it solved itself. Have not seen this from anyone else on this forum.

TORQJNKY

_Satch_

Established Member
Mods have been on for 3500 miles. I will check connections under the hood for the oil separator and tube. No tune required for the intake tube. It isn't the Big tube version.
I am thinking more on the lines of the electrical gremlins.
Thanks,

_Satch_

Established Member
Forgot to add... NO engine wrench code came up while this was happening.

grobertx

Established Member
I posted this same response on a similar thread a day ago. I too had this happen several weeks AFTER mods. Also it did not bring up a CE light. Happened twice. Both times a restart cleared the issue. Has not happened in months.

raustin0017

Established Member
Yep...still don't change my view. The mods the OP has did not cause the problem.

I had two service light pop up; one was a wrench and I think the other was oil can? Anyway...turn on/off ignition a few times and reset the system. Did not return...yet.

Electronics are sometimes hard to understand. I certainly don't. I can tell you I have about 4,000 flight hours in a C-17 aircraft. Triple redundancy electronics is way more advanced than our GT-500s. Most common fix for something that pops up...reset a circuit breaker or reboot the aircraft. About 99% of the time it fixes the problem. If it don't it is a systems repair or change out a simple part.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
This has occurred to me and several other people. I have NO mods on my car, neither did one of the other guys who had the same thing happen. Not saying a mod can't duplicate the same issue I had, just saying mine did it too and I have everything stock.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Add me to the list. Mine did the same thing to me today. I've put about 500 miles on since my last mod. 3600 miles and a restart did fix the problem.

I pushed mine a tad more- i gave full throttle, and got no response. Pumped the gas, nothing. Restart fixed it though. No code tripped. A bit unnerving all the same.

mach330

Established Member
Mine did it once around 3,000 miles, restarted the car and no issue in 10k miles. It's a glitch and quite common on these cars. I had the wrench flash but no code.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Mine did it once around 3,000 miles, restarted the car and no issue in 10k miles. It's a glitch and quite common on these cars. I had the wrench flash but no code.

Yeah, I was going to say I haven't heard of many people having it occur more than one time. Mine has never done it again.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have run across a dead spot just off idle at times. Since I have owned my car, I have had it happen more than 5 times. Sitting at a stop light, light turns green try to take off with light throttle pressure while letting out the clutch and the hit a dead spot and the car either stalls or keeps running if I am quick enough to depress the clutch pedal and avoid the stall. No light on the dash, other than the ones that light up when the engine stops running. Doesn't repeat on restart or if I am quick and it doesn't stall. It is very annoying and potentially dangerous, as in getting rear-ended.

railroad

Established Member
I ran across a similar problem in the Ford Focus ST. Listed as no throttle response with a DTC code of P1235. It is stated as a common problem and is being solved by replacing the electronically controlled throttle. That is all I know about it.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
I have experienced this a few times. Zero throttle response after startup, however, I didn't turn my car off. I let it idle maybe 30-60 seconds and the throttle response would return. Crazy! And scary if it were to occur while driving. Luckily so far, just on startup after driving it like when getting gas.

I assume no news on this?

Thanks

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
No news, but your fix worked for my second and third times I had this happen. Only when you first start the car though.

_Satch_

Established Member
I have not had a recurrence of the problem at all. I have since added the Kenne Bell 2.8 LC supercharger with the large oval throttle body and a Lund tune.
-Satch

Users who are viewing this thread