Put down a deposit on next "GT500"?

M91196

Established Member
According to the document there is no 5.0?
Seems odd

Or am I blind, or too cynical ?

CORRECTION-I missed it buried with the other 5w20 users....

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
Yeah, doesn' t say exactly what those motors are. Both could be FPC, but chances are just the 350.
I'm suprised the 350 would run for that many years. Most that wanted them have them. 25 HP isn't going to make people trade up. Maybe a DCT, but in that car, it's taking away most of the fun.
Bring on the GT 500.
The guy that got the same sheet was told 900HP. I find 800 hard to believe...
We'll know in January.
The zr1 has the 2650 supercharger on it with a 6.2l DOHC and it makes 750. Not sure how much boost or compression but I'm guessing it' s gonna have to be a lot to get the 5.2 to 800. I'll be floored if it's past 810. Id happy settle for 790 Haha.
I miss the roast fest easily achieved in the last GT500.
It could have 900 HP but I'll always be keeping my 350R. It will be a different feeling with that Supercharger strapped to it. Hopefully not that much difference, but I'll be giving it a try.

So are you going to add a Whipple to your R ?
Thinking of doing the same(mine is a lowly tech pack) especially if the GT 500 is "only" going to be a supercharged 5.2.-Probably will have the 5.2 alluminator XS with lowered compression/TVS 2650.

Not sure it's enough to give up my other 2 15 GT's for .
Sleeved 5.2/Hellion TT/built auto (was hoping ford would build it with factory drive ability)and sleeved 5.2/3.2 KB/Magnum XL .

Guess I already built my GT500's!

conceptmachine

Established Member
Looks like you’re set already.
I’m leaving my 350R stock. Will wait and see exactly what’s coming in January, then make a decision if I wanna add it.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Ford should come out with more information on the next performance Mustang before I order a widebody Hellcat(which I might very soon, for well under MSRP)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford should come out with more information on the next performance Mustang before I order a widebody Hellcat(which I might very soon, for well under MSRP)
I try and try to like the widebody Hellcat Challenger, but I cannot. Those flares on there make the car look weird in my opinion. Same with the Demon. (Now I'm not saying I don't like either car. I just don't like the flares.)
The Hellcat Challenger minus the widebody is gorgeous. Especially the front end, it's very mean looking.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I know what your saying but the 650 and 550 are different chassis totally, Not just panels and a few components, the whole undercarage that everything bolts too will be different.
It doesn't mean they can't be run on the same line. It's going to be similar overall dimensions and outside of the install of hybrid components the assembly will be pretty much the exact same.

conceptmachine

Established Member

Only you can make that choice.
I’d only recommend waiting 2 months to see where the advantages of the hellcat widebody are.
We can be fairly certain it will have more room than the gt500.
All the other stuff, from what was leaked, there will be no other advantages, other than - most likely cost.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
It doesn't mean they can't be run on the same line. It's going to be similar overall dimensions and outside of the install of hybrid components the assembly will be pretty much the exact same.
If you want to wager it doesn’t turn out to happen this way, I’d do a friendly bet with you. How about $1.?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Buy the hellcat now then wait for the mustangs price to maybe fall back to earth.
Thankfully the Ford dealers here have a hard time selling the GT350. They are discounted here. The R usually goes for over list, but 5k over or so. I don't think I will have a problem buying the next Ford Performance Mustang at MSRP or less.

I am holding off on the widebody because according to Resumespeed, PCP will be available to order(lata avail.) and I want that colour the most. Second choice would be F8 green.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Thankfully the Ford dealers here have a hard time selling the GT350. They are discounted here. The R usually goes for over list, but 5k over or so. I don't think I will have a problem buying the next Ford Performance Mustang at MSRP or less.

I am holding off on the widebody because according to Resumespeed, PCP will be available to order(lata avail.) and I want that colour the most. Second choice would be F8 green.

I would be surprised if they brought pcp back so soon but with dodge you never know.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I would be surprised if they brought pcp back so soon but with dodge you never know.
It is available on the Demon already, but late availability. I think there is some confusion if it will be offered on the Hellcat as well. I know when the ordering guide for the 2018 came out, F8 Green was not available to order and now it is. I guess my confusion(and many others) is how late "late avail." is. I like Ford and have a great relationship with my dealer but I don't really want two Mustangs from the same generation I think anyhow

Snoopy49

Established Member
I called the local dealer that I ordered a 2014 GT500 from at MSRP. I asked about getting put on the list for the upcoming GT500, he said no problem, give him a check for $1,000 and I would be first on the list. Oh, by the way there will be at least a $10,000 ADM. I said thanks, but no thanks. They didn't start charging ADMs until the GT350 came on the scene.
I guess if I want a supercharged V-8 with an auto trans, I will have to look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread