Put down a deposit on next "GT500"?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure there is going to be a killer mark up on these new GT500's when they come out. No doubt about it.
Look at the GT350R. Asking prices are over 90K and closer to 100K! o_O :confused:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Emailed my dealer today. 1st in line at msrp. He didnt even want a deposit. Im sure they will get at least 1 allocation. Probably 2 /year. This thing isnt gonna be super limited. All dealers will probably get 1. Some large dealers may get 6 or more. I bet there are 5 to 6,000/ year.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I'm sure there is going to be a killer mark up on these new GT500's when they come out. No doubt about it.
Look at the GT350R. Asking prices are over 90K and closer to 100K! o_O :confused:
I disagree in a way because every GT500 to date Ford has built 5k or more per year where the R model total in 3 years maybe 2500? Sure dealers will try but as time goes on and these start coming in daily to the market, msrp should be had by mid production is my opinion. And dealers can ask $90k or more lol they will sit and rot with them, a lot of Rs can be had within $5k of msrp now.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
MSRP is a number set by the manufacturer which provides a reasonable profit for the dealer; anything more is pure greed. When a manufacturer produces a vehicle for the masses (these aren't numbered and therefore are not limited production...they don't set a production limit on these), a consumer should be able to walk into ANY FORD DEALER and purchase a Ford product at the MSRP. Dodge advised their dealers that Demon orders at or below MSRP would be fulfilled first in order to combat these ridiculous mark ups by the dealers and Ford would be wise to do the same if they want to keep brand loyal customers.
I agree totally with this comment! Some salesmen, dealers will argue that demand drives the price lol, if you are not lucky enough to get a limited production car at msrp oh well they will become used at some point and re sold. It is just pure greed on the dealers part to ask adm, just a sorry excuse they use because supply and demand lol whatever!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MSRP is a number set by the manufacturer which provides a reasonable profit for the dealer; anything more is pure greed. When a manufacturer produces a vehicle for the masses (these aren't numbered and therefore are not limited production...they don't set a production limit on these), a consumer should be able to walk into ANY FORD DEALER and purchase a Ford product at the MSRP. Dodge advised their dealers that Demon orders at or below MSRP would be fulfilled first in order to combat these ridiculous mark ups by the dealers and Ford would be wise to do the same if they want to keep brand loyal customers.
OK, so 99% of vehicles are sold well under MSRP.

Should they be sold at MSRP as well?

conceptmachine

Established Member
I disagree in a way because every GT500 to date Ford has built 5k or more per year where the R model total in 3 years maybe 2500? Sure dealers will try but as time goes on and these start coming in daily to the market, msrp should be had by mid production is my opinion. And dealers can ask $90k or more lol they will sit and rot with them, a lot of Rs can be had within $5k of msrp now.
There will be less than 2000 total Rs in the 4 year run. 2018 supposed to be in the low 400s. Can you please list 1 dealer selling for 5k adm? A real one, not one that is listed 5k because usually when those are called on they are 20k.
I agree tho, unless there is a KR a run of 10,000+ Doesn’t warrant an adm...that’s a lot of cars.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
There will be less than 2000 total Rs in the 4 year run. 2018 supposed to be in the low 400s. Can you please list 1 dealer selling for 5k adm? A real one, not one that is listed 5k because usually when those are called on they are 20k.
I agree tho, unless there is a KR a run of 10,000+ Doesn’t warrant an adm...that’s a lot of cars.
I am not going to list any on here but 1 dealer in Houston Tx has 3 Rs priced in the low 70s and I tried to work a deal but 1 they will give crap for trade on mine and 2 they want me to register and pay tax on a car I never will since I use my cars on dealer tags once in a while. But a lot of dealers pop up on the facebook gt350 groups that is how I found them...again they are coming down the closer we get to the next big ford!

conceptmachine

Established Member
There is a huge thread over on another forum, there are plenty of seekers tgere that would kill for the '5k deal'. Fact is, to find one at that price that doesnt turn out to be 10 or 20k is tough. They are trying to get it out of your trade in.
Word is there may be a 2019/20 gt350/boss so i can see that finally bringing prices down to across the board msrp.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am not going to list any on here but 1 dealer in Houston Tx has 3 Rs priced in the low 70s and I tried to work a deal but 1 they will give crap for trade on mine and 2 they want me to register and pay tax on a car I never will since I use my cars on dealer tags once in a while. But a lot of dealers pop up on the facebook gt350 groups that is how I found them...again they are coming down the closer we get to the next big ford!

Well, dealers cannot sell a new car to another dealer unless you tag, title and register it.

The manufacturers look at that as a sale to a broker and it is HEAVILY frowned upon.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've bought these new at MSRP or below the year they came out and the 13 was the 2nd delivered in Florida:
2009 GT500
2010 Raptor
2013 GT500

So Yes.

I agree, if more desirable vehicles should be forced to sell at MSRP, then the less desirable ones should as well.

I'll remind my customers of that today when they come in to buy a Focus.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Well, dealers cannot sell a new car to another dealer unless you tag, title and register it.

The manufacturers look at that as a sale to a broker and it is HEAVILY frowned upon.
I was able to on 3 of my brand new cars actually, and most recent my '16 GT350 in NY state..I know it technically has to be this way and you can not wholesale a brand new car per say but the few dealers I bought my cars from did for us.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was able to on 3 of my brand new cars actually, and most recent my '16 GT350 in NY state..I know it technically has to be this way and you can not wholesale a brand new car per say but the few dealers I bought my cars from did for us.

So they sell you the car still on MSO?

Unless you own a dealership running under the same manufacturer as the vehicle you're purchasing, that places the selling dealership in breach of contract under their franchise agreement.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
So they sell you the car still on MSO?

Unless you own a dealership running under the same manufacturer as the vehicle you're purchasing, that places the selling dealership in breach of contract under their franchise agreement.
Yes under the MSO that is correct...No we are a used vehicle dealership not franchise..See what I do not get is I am an out of state buyer and when I sell cars to customers out of state I send the title and paperwork with them, then they proceed to go to their dmv and pay the tax at registration.. We do not collect out of state tax.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Why is it “greed” when a dealer offers for sale above MSRP, but when a buyer offers to buy at below MSRP the buyer is not equally greedy?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes under the MSO that is correct...No we are a used vehicle dealership not franchise..See what I do not get is I am an out of state buyer and when I sell cars to customers out of state I send the title and paperwork with them, then they proceed to go to their dmv and pay the tax at registration.. We do not collect out of state tax.

You pay where you it's titled, it's always been like that.

Why is it “greed” when a dealer offers for sale above MSRP, but when a buyer offers to buy at below MSRP the buyer is not equally greedy?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Because 99.9% of people on forums are consumers, not dealers lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I disagree in a way because every GT500 to date Ford has built 5k or more per year where the R model total in 3 years maybe 2500?
I don't know man. I guess we agree to disagree.
I think it's going to be marked up. At least I think 90% of them will be.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know man. I guess we agree to disagree.
I think it's going to be marked up. At least I think 90% of them will be.

It (if it ever comes to market) is absolutely 100% going to be marked up. Saying otherwise is wishful thinking at best, foolishness at worst.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
It (if it ever comes to market) is absolutely 100% going to be marked up. Saying otherwise is wishful thinking at best, foolishness at worst.
Well at least 2 of my local dealers never get over, I just never get a chance to order from either because I make my decisions to late it seems. But yes these will have adm, I just think like other Shelby cars besides the R their will be enough to lower the adm over time like the regular GT350s,..when I was in the market in '16 they all had crazy markups now look, msrp or lower

Drewsky65

Established Member
I’m impressed by all of this. As I️ said earlier in this thread, any desire able limited produced car out here in AZ is way over sticker. Shelby’s, zo6 vettes, gtr’s, hellcats .... whatever. Ppl still pay it. It’s a supply and demand thing. I️ don’t agree with it at all. But that’s the way it is

Users who are viewing this thread