Revan-ized Round II

jps043

Established Member
Just wanted to provide a little update on my summer build. All parts I have purchased for my Shelby have been through Van at Revan Racing. It would be an understatement for me to say Van has been a pleasure to work with in developing my build. I can't thank him enough for his oustanding customer service and loyalty in addition to him imparting his endless knowledge upon me. I think it's few and far between to find vendors willing to take time out of their vacation to assist a customer with an order, as Van has done for me before.

Without further adieu -

Current Setup (13-6):
  • 10% OD Pulley
  • ThumpRacing Belt Tensioner
  • Dual 65mm TB
  • 127mm JLT CF CAI
  • MRT O/R catless H-Pipe
  • 3.73 Gears
  • MGW Short Throw Shifter
  • NGK TR6 SparkPlugs
  • Lund Tune

Mods In Transit:

• KB Competition BAP (time for some e85 fun)
  • ID1000 Injectors
  • ARH 1 7/8Headers with O/R H-Pipe (catless)
  • 2.4 Upper Pulley
  • 90mm Idler

Round III (eventually):
  • Suspension upgrades
  • Wheels/Tires

Also I want to give a big thank you to Jon Lund for my current tune which has been flawless. I look forward to the next revision with my upgraded setup.

I welcome all comments/questions/concerns etc.

Regards,
John S.

Last edited:

jps043

Established Member
Have you dynoed car yet?

Numbers with my current 13-6 setup were 680/680. I forgot to add to the list, but all tuning has been done by Jon Lund.

Your current setup looks pretty strong. Any dyno/track numbers?

For current dyno numbers please see above. No track numbers as of yet. I will be hitting the track once I get all the new mods installed.

dturboman

Established Member
congrats on the new parts... you'll love the combo.

thinking of going to a ported blower or the BPS elbow?

Those tires and suspension mods will become a must after your latest round of parts. - ;) and their still not enough on the street lol

Just wanted to provide a little update on my summer build. All parts I have purchased for my Shelby have been through Van at Revan Racing. It would be an understatement for me to say Van has been a pleasure to work with in developing my build. I can't thank him enough for his oustanding customer service and loyalty in addition to him imparting his endless knowledge upon me. I think it's few and far between to find vendors willing to take time out of their vacation to assist a customer with an order, as Van has done for me before.

Without further adieu -

Current Setup (13-6):
  • 10% OD Pulley
  • ThumpRacing Belt Tensioner
  • Dual 65mm TB
  • 127mm JLT CF CAI
  • MRT O/R catless H-Pipe
  • 3.73 Gears
  • MGW Short Throw Shifter
  • NGK TR6 SparkPlugs
  • Lund Tune

Mods In Transit:

• KB Competition BAP (time for some e85 fun)
  • ID1000 Injectors
  • ARH 1 7/8Headers with O/R H-Pipe (catless)
  • 2.4 Upper Pulley
  • 90mm Idler

Round III (eventually):
  • Suspension upgrades
  • Wheels/Tires

Also I want to give a big thank you to Jon Lund for my current tune which has been flawless. I look forward to the next revision with my upgraded setup.

I welcome all comments/questions/concerns etc.

Regards,
John S.

jps043

Established Member
congrats on the new parts... you'll love the combo.

thinking of going to a ported blower or the BPS elbow?

Those tires and suspension mods will become a must after your latest round of parts. - ;) and their still not enough on the street lol

Thank you, I am very excited to re-learn how to drive the car with the new found power. I am very interested in the ported blower/BPS elbow options and have been awaiting someone to post results of their gains. I was watching the thread regarding those parts from inception all the way until product release and never saw a posting of the gains, though I may have missed it. My goal is to push the TVS to the limits before moving to a bigger blower in the future.

Haha from what I have seen/read, I am in for some full on wheelspin even in fourth gear with my MPSS's after this new round of mods. Gotta love strong rwhp numbers with street tires.

EagleSVT

Established Member
Congrats on the upgrades. How was the tuning experience with Lund? I will be putting a few things on my car and wondered how many iterations of going back and forth I should expect and if you were able to finish in a single day, or if tuning took more than 1 day to complete.

jps043

Established Member
Congrats on the upgrades. How was the tuning experience with Lund? I will be putting a few things on my car and wondered how many iterations of going back and forth I should expect and if you were able to finish in a single day, or if tuning took more than 1 day to complete.

Honestly, he provided me with an initial tune for my first round of mods, and I haven't touched it since. I have been very happy with it. As an aside I haven't tracked the vehicle yet so this is just in regards to daily drivability (although I have faith I would be complacent with the tune on the track as well).

Moving forward with my new set of mods, I will need to datalog and send the data to Jon in order to help him revise the tune per my new setup, especially when I am getting ready for a e85 tune. Hopefully others who have gone through revisioning will step in and provide their 2 cents.

Very nice!

Thanks TFStang!

bklynpanman

Established Member
Suspension should be the first upgrade on your list. I also have the mpss and 13-6. With tires warmed minimally, 2nd gear hooks like a champ.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

jps043

Established Member
Suspension should be the first upgrade on your list. I also have the mpss and 13-6. With tires warmed minimally, 2nd gear hooks like a champ.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Yes suspension is definitely next, I have already had the discussion with Van :). Without properly warmed tires, I am currently spinning even in 3rd :O. The new setup will really push the MPSS's to the test.

Awesome mods, prepare to say WTF…you will have a beast on steroids!!!

Manuel

Haha yes moving up to the Barry Bonds league. I can't wait. Based on your dyno numbers, I assume you are currently running a similar setup to my future setup?

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Yes suspension is definitely next, I have already had the discussion with Van :). Without properly warmed tires, I am currently spinning even in 3rd :O. The new setup will really push the MPSS's to the test.

Haha yes moving up to the Barry Bonds league. I can't wait. Based on your dyno numbers, I assume you are currently running a similar setup to my future setup?

Correct my friend, but I have a few goodies in the making ;-)

Manuel

jps043

Established Member
I'd move round 3 up in priority or its going to be like driving on ice.

Yeah the plan is to upgrade my suspension before the end of the summer. I am in no hurry for drag wheels and tires as I won't have much time to hit the strip this summer, and once fall/winter hit the Shelby will go into hibernation.

jps043

Established Member
All the parts have arrived, so I decided to clean the Shelby up before the surgery:

126E4CC6-6FF0-45D5-8B7D-2FA62F9C10B7_zpsyxxn5ob3.jpg

American Racing 1 7/8ths Headers:
0D98CD4F-3DF7-4834-B89D-83493F4BD4A9_zpsbiyagb1u.jpg

A766EF8A-47B7-40AA-8C90-F9E95D5CA3B3_zpsiqiwlmft.jpg

KB Boost-a-pump
3C37417C-0313-400A-989F-74E08D345847_zpshbb910va.jpg

2.4 Upper Pulley
695B057B-AFE1-45A1-AE97-73B707460789_zpsjvhyne7x.jpg

New Filter/Injectors
6C2C662B-E56D-4581-8528-14EA4FE709C6_zpswzm8haha.jpg

And of course, all thanks to:
175DA67A-C8FD-44F8-AEB0-CBB907024E16_zpsd08jjjjt.jpg

Nickoli

Established Member
Numbers with my current 13-6 setup were 680/680. I forgot to add to the list, but all tuning has been done by Jon Lund.

For current dyno numbers please see above. No track numbers as of yet. I will be hitting the track once I get all the new mods installed.

Let me know when you go to the track! I'm thinking about going in the near future to see what my current combo will lay down.

Users who are viewing this thread