Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Bearden86

Established Member
How are some you you guys removing the butterflies on the throttle body? The screws on mine that hold them in are crimped.

RussZTT

Established Member
How are some you you guys removing the butterflies on the throttle body? The screws on mine that hold them in are crimped.
Cut the ends of the screws off then unscrew it. Just make sure to put lock tight back on when installing.

Bearden86

Established Member
Can someone look at my port and critique me please thanks!

8ugytuva.jpg
uzujusa5.jpg

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
That looks really good. Prob do a touch more on the egr hump but good work on the inlet for sure. When I was doing mine i couldn't get a air tool back in there

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bearden86

Established Member
That looks really good. Prob do a touch more on the egr hump but good work on the inlet for sure. When I was doing mine i couldn't get a air tool back in there

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That picture is really decieving I wish I would have taken a better picture. The EGR hump is as gone as I could reach. It's nice and rounded but I could have taken a little more out. The outlet is a posi copy. My eaton is already back on the car so soon ill know how I did. Thanks for the input definitely a rewarding experience

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Looks good. Lower the edges where the valve is on the floor, looks like it has a lip around it. You can maybe lower the floor little more as well. The roof where it peaks into the rotors, move it back little more, maybe half inch from stock. How does the exit look?

Bearden86

Established Member
Looks good. Lower the edges where the valve is on the floor, looks like it has a lip around it. You can maybe lower the floor little more as well. The roof where it peaks into the rotors, move it back little more, maybe half inch from stock. How does the exit look?

The exit is a posi copy I have pictures but not on my phone. The eaton is already back on the car. My cutter wouldn't reach back far enough to take mor off the floor. I'm hoping for good numbers as soon as I'm over this flu

RussZTT

Established Member
The exit is a posi copy I have pictures but not on my phone. The eaton is already back on the car. My cutter wouldn't reach back far enough to take mor off the floor. I'm hoping for good numbers as soon as I'm over this flu
Good deal, let us know how it does. I ported mine myself 3 years ago with deep lead ins. Brian and I discussed the lead in's before he started doing it in wondering if they worked. I had gained 33rwhp on 3psi less boost. I didn't copy anyone's exit as I just did my own.

04cobra8u

Fellow SVT Poster
Established Member
Has anyone tried to port their own recently? I'm curious wether anyone here has actually hurt their #'s rather than improve them?? I'm about to do a Pulley/tune upgrade and am debating if I should add a BAP and MAFia and attempt the port

RussZTT

Established Member
Has anyone tried to port their own recently? I'm curious wether anyone here has actually hurt their #'s rather than improve them?? I'm about to do a Pulley/tune upgrade and am debating if I should add a BAP and MAFia and attempt the port
Unless you really screw it up but I haven't seen anyone hurt their numbers. Just take your time, the tools can slice through the aluminum pretty quick. Keep in mind how air will travel.

04cobra8u

Fellow SVT Poster
Established Member
Cool, my main concern is that I don't plan to run a lower pulley since it is my daily.. I've read on here about people losing up to 3 pounds of boost after the port... I will be getting dyno tuned at a reputable shop in so cal.. Mods will be 2.76 upper, jlt ram air, idlers, sct tuner, or x, & magnaflow catback. I wonder what rwhp & boost numbers I would be looking into assuming I take my time on the port??

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
You won't hurt the numbers by porting the blower... you'll gain hp/tq. BAP & MAFia will be a good to have if your planning on porting.

Cool, my main concern is that I don't plan to run a lower pulley since it is my daily.. I've read on here about people losing up to 3 pounds of boost after the port... I will be getting dyno tuned at a reputable shop in so cal.. Mods will be 2.76 upper, jlt ram air, idlers, sct tuner, or x, & magnaflow catback. I wonder what rwhp & boost numbers I would be looking into assuming I take my time on the port??
Never heard of losing boost from a port...:shrug: with those mods on a cool day, you'll see about 490-500rwhp & 13.5-14.5 lbs of boost.

04cobra8u

Fellow SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to dedicate a weekend to this.. Those numbers would be awesome, especially on 91 octane

RussZTT

Established Member
I lost boost, its because the blower is more efficient. I went from 15psi to 12psi and gained 33rwhp. I kept the stock lower and had a 2.76. You will need a MAfia and I would get 60# injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread