Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Bugsy C

Established Member
Aw what the hey... may as well post a couple...

My_port_job.jpg

DSC05080a.jpg

DSC05087a1.jpg

really looks like a professonal job....oh,just noticed who it is....no wonder...RACER X.....you are the man...I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING BUT,IF YOU WANT A CAREER CHANGE,,,,THIS IS IT .KID,YOU DEFINETLY HAVE A KNACK FOR THIS...PEACE BRO....BUGSY

holzmach

Established Member
i have read the thread, and im new to all this. i have a couple questions.
it looks like i could do three things, 1 not fill the cavity,2 fill the cavity and leave the bypass open ,3 fill everthing. which seems to be the best and what are most people doing. if i fill everything, dose the air just not bleed off and it is forced to stay? how could this be ok, and what about surge issues?

ScottySVT

Established Member
This is my new project :banana:

2 questions:

what shape is the best for the smaller hole on the outlet?

And as long as you keep the "triangle" look of this big hole(outlet), is any design ok? I see some do almost like a xmas tree.

Im going of the pics bugsy C just posted

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Posi

I ported my blower 2 years ago. My motor is all stock up to this point and I have about 8k on the blower since porting.
After looking recently at some of the pics on here I am concerned that my port work on the bottom of the blower may not have enough material to hold up under more boost which I am getting ready to ad.
The areas I am concerned with are between the main opening and silencer holes, and the main opening and the added rear opening.
If you get a chance let me know what you think. Like I said it has been fine up until now with the stock pullies and 8k.

Thanks
115.jpg

Last edited:

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Structurally, it's fine. You have some big holes (no pun intended :dw:) and as the rotors pull the air down, some pressure will be first released into the plenum through the oval hole you made and it gets squeezed between the center all the way towards the front of the housing. Not a prob! Nice clean work btw. :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
nxs450 your blower should be perfectly fine. Sorry it took me so long to make a post.

AmericanRicer87

ON3WEGO
Established Member
I have read through this thread several times and I have finally decided to try and port my eaton. Here is what I have done so far. I am planning on removing the egr hump and removing the casting flays from the blower intake. Also wanting to match my accufab plenum and throttle body.

C360_2012-03-01-01-44-53.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I do not understand with how much testing I've done and how I started porting these blowers some of you continue to copy someone else on the outlet.

I've proven the outlet on my ports peak higher in the rpm range and then it carries it out better afterwards. Plus I've put a lot of time into this and it's a little odd to continue to see this happen.

I'm sorry but that's how I feel. So please take that into consideration.

That's why this thread started so WE didn't have to copy someone else. I've grown that into a business.:thumbsup:

Thanks

AmericanRicer87

ON3WEGO
Established Member
Maybe Im a little off on my thinking, but there are only so many effective ways to hack one of these damn eatons up and the point of the thread was to see what designs work, which ones didn't and which designs saw a decent gain. Not to knock your incredible work, but I'd like to give this a shot, now the only place I've pulled my ideas and information from were in this thread, and judging from how the first twenty posts you did a lot of your learning from this thread. Now I'm not stealing anyone's work, I'm just trying to port my blower and see what she will do till next winter, just thought I'd share with everyone that follows the thread in hopes to port their own someday.

And I went with the Christmas tree design on the outlet because I was afraid of taking out too much material...

Last edited:

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
New Port Pics

I pulled the Eaton off to match the intake with the new Accufab plenum. I did some more work on it and thought I would share the pics.
cobraport2.jpg
cobraport3.jpg
cobraport4.jpg
cobraport5.jpg
cobraport6.jpg
cobraport7.jpg
cobraport9.jpg
cobraport10.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Very, very nice work! You left some of the egr hump and the rotor lead-ins could be a little bit larger. Great work though. Congratulations.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks! Im going to try and get it Dynoed Thursday with the stock Throttle body and Plenum to get some kind of base line since I never did a pull before the port work. I will probaly just set a average baseline of what stock Cobra's Dyno at.
I will post some results when done.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^That outlet is on the large side so it really needs a lot of inlet work done to it. The work looks great though. Nice job.

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
I've been cutting on my new eaton and gonna post some pics up once I get a bit closer to being finished. I've had a great time doing it too. Started out with an air die grinder and just uses up the air so fast my 30+ year old compressor didn't want to keep up.
So I got a china freight version of the grinder you have in the first post and going to give that a shot Saturday and hopefully make a littler quicker progress.
My goal is a mild port and polish and going to run a 2.80 upper only(ordered from posi-performance btw:beer:) but I have a MAFia, BAP, motoblue idler, an k&n intake. Figured since I took my whipple off and had the eaton sitting there planning to do an oil change on it anyway that I might as well go for a home port!

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
ad180785-de91-9a69.jpg

ad180785-dea7-aef0.jpg

ad180785-dec1-5054.jpg

I'm going to clean up the throttle body a bit more and work the elbow/plenum a bit but I'm just going for a mild port remember. I'm glad this thread is around because it gave me something to work from and I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out so far. Just wish I had all my parts here to get the car back together and on the road. These 75 degree days are getting me antsy!!

fordbronker

Established Member
im almost done my port, pics soon, but was wondering if it is worth trying to weld a plate over the cavity on underside? any gains? downfalls? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread