supra prices $%#@#$% crazy !!

nxhappy

Established Member
I remember finding an immaculate 93 Supra with 16K miles for 23K back in the fall of 2000. I was trying to work a deal, banks at that time didn't like financing 7 year old cars...car got sold in short order.
that blows

nxhappy

Established Member
When a buddy of mine sold an MSB 93 6spd for near 50k I couldn't believe it. Then I checked prices... I am kind of blown away they have held value this long. Someone near my job has what looks like a bone stock 97 6spd parked outside. Maybe it's their 401k on wheels...

-J
yea looks like 40-50k is not out of the realm

which is crazy cause you could buy a hell cat LOL

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
In 1997 I bought my 94 TT Supra for $27k with 34k miles. It was in mint condition. Had it for 6 years. Should have never sold it. :(

earico

Established Member
supra-side_zpsx6enwd0t.jpg

interior2_zpshunhzoec.jpg

engine1_zpsrkv1bwje.jpg

earico

Established Member

That car changed me forever. It was my first forced induction car. First mod was a Rod Millen downpipe. Holy shit is what I thought on the first test drive. :lol: The mod virus had been seeded.

nxhappy

Established Member
I had a 89 supra. I hated that ****ing car lol. Drove it home and the bitch overheated. Asshole seller sold it to me with a blown head gasket. I was pissed. That car taught me a lot about mechanic work lol.

BladeX10

Established Member
Guy i worked with a few years ago has 3 TT Supras, He drives them like once a week to work and they are all pretty mint too.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Demand remains high and supply is at all time low. This is simple economics.

These cars were/are iconic. Are there better choices now days? Of course. Doesnt mean that a clean, unmolested TT Supra isnt a bad ass piece of machinery.

10splaya22

Established Member
The car in the OP is definitely overpriced but they are very hard to find in good condition. Why is a late 60's Mustang or Camaro worth so much in good condition if you can buy better cars for much less money? The high end models are rare and there are people that desire those cars. Same goes for the Supra/RX7/GTR etc. I can definitely still see those cars increasing in value especially stock and low mileage, clean examples.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I get the supra is a cool car and all but I never understood why they're so expensive nowadays. Shit for 85k you could buy a 2014 GTR.
I would bet that the GTR is going to net you a hefty loss over the next 10 years in depreciation. The Supra will probably increase during that time.

Still, it is a car isolated to those who have an affinity to it for what it is. This isn't a car for someone just looking to go fast.

oldmodman

Established Member
Friend bought one of the last ones on the Toyota dealers lot when they were discontinued. He got thousands off of the list price. He still has it. It's bone stock. He never even drives it very fast. it's always garaged and looks and smell like new. Only bad thing is that it is white. How boring.
He is single.
He just got out of the hospital after his third heart attack.
I was the only person that visited him while he was in there.
He has put me in his will as the lucky guy that will get the car.

Does it make me a bad person that I may have mixed feeling as to his lifespan?

Users who are viewing this thread