Suspension Attention!!! Failure Inside

Van@RevanRacing

These images are fairly graphic. They are of a failed Whiteline Upper Control Arm. This is posted in the 2013+ Section but you guys need to be made aware of this as well.

I was approached by Whiteline to sell their products and made it quite clear that I would not sell their products unless I had an opportunity to test them out.

I wouldn't recommend these components. Look at the thickness of the metal. Others will chime in.

This is why I sell BMR Suspension and Griggs Racing Suspension Exclusively. Because it works...........

IMG_80823_zps288f6213.jpg

IMG_80783_zps4ec5f75f.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn thats not good at all, I haven't had any issues with my J&M upper or my steeda lowers.

Akirasoft

Established Member
that is pretty terrible! I come from the subaru and evo communities and they generally have success with Whiteline products. It appears to me some engineer over there did not account for the 800lb+ weight difference between a GT500 and an Impreza or Lancer.

It is also indicative of the difference in engineering between something from a smaller more specialized vendor (Griggs) vs a sell parts for everything kind of vendor like Whiteline.

That being said, have they solicited feedback from you regarding this failure?

rzuff

Established Member
I am the North American Sales Manager for Whiteline. I am sorry to see that this has happened but there most likely a defect in manufacturing on this particular item. We have sold 100's of these arms and this is the first known failure of this type.

I personally installed these on one of my dealers 1100 rwhp Hellion Twin Turbo car without any sort of failures to date. They are made USA

I am not sure if it's one of your customers cars but we will be happy to do a warranty replacement. Either email [email protected] or call 909-476-2860.

I know you will find we 100% stand behind our product and if on the rare instant there is an issue you will see our service and support is second to none in the industry and turn around time is quick.

We look forward in resolving this issue for your customer

Blackmax

Established Member
I am the North American Sales Manager for Whiteline. I am sorry to see that this has happened but there most likely a defect in manufacturing on this particular item. We have sold 100's of these arms and this is the first known failure of this type.

I personally installed these on one of my dealers 1100 rwhp Hellion Twin Turbo car without any sort of failures to date. They are made USA

I am not sure if it's one of your customers cars but we will be happy to do a warranty replacement. Either email [email protected] or call 909-476-2860.

I know you will find we 100% stand behind our product and if on the rare instant there is an issue you will see our service and support is second to none in the industry and turn around time is quick.

Thats pretty bad, pretty sure I could make a better piece in my garage.So do they contact the hundreds of people that own these and let them know their lives might be on the line? :nonono:

Van@RevanRacing

I am not sure if it's one of your customers cars but we will be happy to do a warranty replacement.

Sorry. But if your product is made this way with that gauge of steel you should recall every one of them. This is dangerous and unacceptable. Is that the standard steel gauge of your product?

Made in the USA? We've been over this with your predecessor.

Last edited:

rzuff

Established Member
Thats pretty bad, pretty sure I could make a better piece in my garage.So do they contact the hundreds of people that own these and let them know their lives might be on the line? :nonono:

Please note one failure does not call for a recall. We will have R&D review the part to determine the cause of the issue when it is returned to us which is typical protocol.

I stand behind it is a high quality durable part. Although many know Whiteline for Subaru and Mitsubishi our top selling parts in Australia are for Holden and Ford Falcons which typically weigh more then a Mustang.

My understanding from our support department is a replacement part is being overnighted today

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Did the failure occur during a launch or what?

rzuff

Established Member
Sorry. But if your product is made this way with that gauge of steel you should recall every one of them. This is dangerous and unacceptable. Is that the standard steel gauge of your product?

Made in the USA? We've been over this with your predecessor.

We are looking into this isolated incident and will make changes if we find any safety concerns warrant it but right now it is an isolated incident.

I have been at Whiteline since the inception of Whiteline USA.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

We are looking into this isolated incident and will make changes if we find any safety concerns warrant it. but right now it is an isolated incident.

I have been at Whiteline since the inception of Whiteline USA.

Congratulations.

I guess you're here to save face for Whiteline but don't care to opine about the gauge of the steel your product is made out of?

There is no way I would have put that on my GT500. Weight and torque alone would preclude use of this product with that gauge of steel. Not a matter if just a matter of when.

Van@RevanRacing

Tob's Remarks from the 2013+ GT500 Forum

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...n-racing-suspension-package.html#post13173266

"Interesting is that the piece of the flat plate that tore is gone! A cursory photo exam leads to believe that absolutely the material was of insufficient thickness or strength and that the HAZ (heat affected zone) from the circumferential weld about the tubular arm to the plate only served to weaken the base metal. Very disappointing, considering that that arm is a fairly new release. I'm not sure that reasoning such as 'the failure was an anomaly, etc' would suffice. I'd want to see an improvement in material choice from WL before I ever considered that part."

IMG_80783_zps4ec5f75f.jpg

Last edited:

DaFreak

Established Member
Yikes! Anybody hurt? What about damage to other parts? Driveline, gears, tranny?

fullboogie

Established Member
Can you imagine the driveshaft and tranny tailhousing damage that might occur with that failure?

Users who are viewing this thread