Suspension Attention!!! Failure Inside

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
That looks like 10 or 12 gauge steel. You could probably watch that flex with just a grown man jumping on it, yet alone an almost 2 ton car.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My question is who was the joke of a shop/tech that went ahead and installed these without bringing to question how thin the material was?

At least it appears the manufacturer has good customer service and is willing to do right by their product/customer.

Van@RevanRacing

The joke is who would produce a product with such a thin gauge upper control arm. I can appreciate wanting to make it right but making it right would entail some beefier metal in the design.

Blackmax

Established Member
The joke is who would produce a product with such a thin gauge upper control arm. I can appreciate wanting to make it right but making it right would entail some beefier metal in the design.

X2, hard to believe people would still support a company that makes a crap piece like this. The right thing to do would be to recall all of the units.But thats not going to happen because they have no fear of repercussions because they include a waiver with the parts stating they are not liable for any failure etc. for off road use only. If anyone is hurt or even killed they are safe from prosecution otherwise you better believe tey would recall the parts.

Van@RevanRacing

X2, hard to believe people would still support a company that makes a crap piece like this. The right thing to do would be to recall all of the units.But thats not going to happen because they have no fear of repercussions because they include a waiver with the parts stating they are not liable for any failure etc. for off road use only. If anyone is hurt or even killed they are safe from prosecution otherwise you better believe tey would recall the parts.

If I were in Vancouver B.C. I would buy this man a cigar and drinks! Well stated Max! Bravo. This looks like something welded up and painted to try and make one pass at the race track. Garbage. So glad I didn't pick this product up. I was getting the full court press from these guys and decided to punt. Man am I glad I did. I firmly hang my hat with BMR and Griggs. Period.

Their watts link doesn't work on 2013's either but they didn't know that until customers tried to install it. So much for R&D on an actual car that your company owns. Yet to see the Whiteline USA company mustang and or Shelby.

This is why product testing is so important and viable and why I test everything.

lawdude

Established Member

A company cannot unilaterally waiver itself out of liability for damages if product has a design defect. I am not commenting on whether or not there is a design defect, just on liability.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
A company cannot unilaterally waiver itself out of liability for damages if product has a design defect. I am not commenting on whether or not there is a design defect, just on liability.

This - if year failure happens on the street and causes someone to get in an accident, they can't just point to that "waiver" and wipe their hands clean. I'd be nervous as hell if I was Whiteline, knowing that hundreds of these things are out in the real world and any one of them could bring a lawsuit to my door at any time.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well if it's intended purpose is for off road use only and you wreck in the street then I think they're probably covered. Way to go Van, enjoy the way you mix basketball with football. I enjoy reading about failures in the aftermarket world where the vendor comes in and justifies the failure. Will never explain why the part was substandard, just that the same R&D will look at it. So the same idiots that approved it and stamped it sufficient are going to look at it a second time and find fault after it failed. I'm in the wrong business.

Would love to check previous work and determined why it didn't perform as intended. Well I can gurantee it won't be my product but the way you used it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I am with you and totally agree with your point as well. The design on that part is definitely substandard. Like you stated, glad to see that you dodged that "bullet" and decided to not carry or install those products. I am just curious as to who installed the part in question?

rzuff

Established Member
Guys since everything seems to be based off a close up picture and the OP has not actually seen the product in person there seems to be quite a few assumptions made.

If you actually see these in person you will see they are stout and not something that could be made in the garage. As of now we don't know the whole story on this particular unit. As i mentioned before we will analyze the item with our R&D team when it is returned.

We spend hundreds of hours testing all of our products before releasing them to the public. The majority of Whiteline dealers that sell our product also wanted to test the products and did before bringing into there lineup and did. Additionally it has been tested by autocrossers, road racers, drag racers and even professional drifters.

I was a passenger at a airstrip event for one of dealers that had our complete kit minus the watts link and we did 186mph on a run. I would not risk my own life or my friends if our products weren't great quality.

On a side note our Watts does fit 2013 models here is the info off our website
2011+ Suits coupe only - excl convertible, 2012-on Boss 302 & 2013 GT500 models.

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member

I doubt as an average consumer I would have the means to take any of these companies to court. This is the Ford Racing page out of their catalogue,

CCI13062013_00000Fordracingdisclaimer_zps59f490da.png

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Guys since everything seems to be based off a close up picture and the OP has not actually seen the product in person there seems to be quite a few assumptions made.

If you actually see these in person you will see they are stout and not something that could be made in the garage. As of now we don't know the whole story on this particular unit. As i mentioned before we will analyze the item with our R&D team when it is returned.

We spend hundreds of hours testing all of our products before releasing them to the public. The majority of Whiteline dealers that sell our product also wanted to test the products and did before bringing into there lineup and did. Additionally it has been tested by autocrossers, road racers, drag racers and even professional drifters.

I was a passenger at a airstrip event for one of dealers that had our complete kit minus the watts link and we did 186mph on a run. I would not risk my own life or my friends if our products weren't great quality.

On a side note our Watts does fit 2013 models here is the info off our website
2011+ Suits coupe only - excl convertible, 2012-on Boss 302 & 2013 GT500 models.

Which side is it? This was a post from a previous employee of Whiteline.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...uarding-suspension-13-gt500.html#post12639470

Bascially told me the testing has been done. I'd be better off selling instead of testing. I called your products into question then as I do today.

My Reply to your former representative.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...uarding-suspension-13-gt500.html#post12639713

You've got a really big set going 186 MPH on an air strip with those components on a car. I wouldn't go 45 MPH with your components on a car based on the photographs posted in this thread. Much less even get into the car.

Another member of SVTP tried to install your Watts link on his 2013 GT500 and it doesn't work with the relocation of the axle breather to the top portion of the differential which Ford did on the 2013+ GT500's.

RedNightmare06

Established Member
I would let whiteline look into it.
We do not know all the facts here.
Saying their products are junk is not the best way to go about it.
I feel that bad business especially from a vendor.
I seen failures posted with BMR products breaking front lower control arms, does that mean they are junk too?
Nope it sure doesn't............ BMR does make a good product.

Van@RevanRacing

I would let whiteline look into it.
We do not know all the facts here.
Saying their products are junk is not the best way to go about it.
I feel that bad business especially from a vendor.
I seen failures posted with BMR products breaking front lower control arms, does that mean they are junk too?
Nope it sure doesn't............ BMR does make a good product.

All valid. I'm sure they are looking into it. As they should.

I appreciate your opinion however even as a vendor I am entitled to have opinions too. My position is that they used a very thin gauge of steel on their arm and mount. Would you feel comfortable putting that upper control arm on your car? That's the whole point of the thread.

BMR has had a small number of failures on front A-Arms on heavy duty road race cars over an extended period of time and use. Going over a rumble strip at speed is abusive. I inspect my BMR and Griggs Suspension components after every open track event.

I've also inspected the BMR & Griggs components after multiple 200+ MPH Standing Mile runs and have not had failure. Thank God! Rest assured a failure of this nature (Upper Control Arm Failure) would be catastrophic at speed and that's when the driver becomes a passenger.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I am still wondering who was the shop/tech that installed the part? I think that him/they would be just as responsible for the failure.

ZX6Ray

Established Member
Sorry but that gauge steel is too thin for a 3800 lb, 700+ HP performance car. Why would you put cheap suspension parts on a $60K car?!? Beats me. Looks like the only thing it would work on is a riding lawnmower (if a riding lawnmower had upper CA's)! lol

Van is on target... Don't know why the 1 or 2 of you are actually defending whiteline. Absolute junk.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I am still wondering who was the shop/tech that installed the part? I think that him/they would be just as responsible for the failure.

how so? its still bolted in place. You can see that the boxed there caved in and it ripped it apart at the seems...unless you just mean theyre to blame for selling/installing it in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread