SVTP Superbowl office pool 2014!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ok, here we go! this is THE official thread.

please read carefully..

for those that know how to play already, here's the deal.
1. $10 per square
2. jackpot divided evenly amongst the 4 quarters
3. adjoining squares will win $25 of the quarterly winnings (so more winners).
4. payouts paid immediately after the quarter ends via Paypal
5. post up what number square(s) you want and you have 1 hour to send payment via paypal or your square(s) will still be available. please dont post that you want certain squares unless you know you will be able to send the payment within the hour.
6. send payments to [email protected] it will say "you've sent $$ to hilda torres". that's my girlfriends account which i use for non-business paypal stuffs.
7. paypal fee of 3% will be deducted from the payouts only. (so if you dont win anything, you at least didnt have to cover the fee)

here's how it works if you're not familiar with this type of pool. its easy and everyone has an equal chance right now.

you choose which squares you want from the grid. each square has a number, so in your post below you post. i want 5, 23, and 14. and then you have 1 hour to send $30 for those 3 squares. please do not post up if you are not going to be able to send the $ within the hour. its not fair to others. just wait till you're at a computer/phone whatever where you will be able to send it. a few times per day i will check the paypal account and add usernames to the grid accordingly, then update this original post with the updated grid.

once ALL the squares are sold, i will then ask two people (most likely mods) to draw the numbers out of a hat. one for each side. i will ask people who are not playing in the game. so lets say LL draws the numbers for Seattle. he then posts up the numbers from 0-9 in order that he drew them up in. i will then list those numbers in the # squares starting from the top left corner and working my way down. same thing for Denver, from left to right.

so lets say you buy one square. square 45. and you get these numbers Denver 0, Seattle 7. that means if the score at the end of the quarter is Denver 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, etc... and Seattle 7, 17, 27, 37, etc... you win that quarter. and sometimes the score does not change and the next quarter has the same score. you win again! :dancenana:

so that we have more than 4 winners im making it so the adjoining squares win as well (not diagonal). so if the winning square for the quarter is 48, then 49, 38, 47 and 58 win as well. 48 wins $150, the other 4 winners win $25 each.

if square 10 wins, then he wins $175 and squares 9, 19 and 20 win $25 each.

all payouts will be sent immediately after the game is over.
some people who run these pools collect a fee for doing so. usually a percentage. not me. i just like to have fun playing in them. BUT, i dont want to eat the PP fees on $1k. instead of having everyone tack it on to their payments, i will deduct it from the winning funds that are sent out. so if you win $25, you will receive $24.75
i can send it as a gift so you dont incur more fees for receiving it. dont send it as a gift to me. they will shut the feature off if they see it abused. that happened to my business paypal a few years ago :kaboom: but when i send it to you, it will just be one payment. not 50 like i might get lol.

so lets have fun everyone. this is a "trial run" for this year. if all goes well, which im sure it will, we can do a larger pool next year and/or multiple pools of varying $ amounts. :D

i claimed 5 squares already. i plan to do at least 10 but will wait till later so im not being a square hog already lol. if we still have squares left as it gets down to crunch time i may hit up some friends/family to buy squares so you may not recognize the names.

broncos1_zpsfcaeadab.gif
cheerleader-1_zpsf00a6a7b.gif
football-7_zps14460308.gif
megaphone_zpsef9d5771.gif
football-3_zps96fed304.gif

poolfinal99x_zps5a8e0eca.jpg

broncos1_zpsfcaeadab.gif
ref-2_zps2d4014e7.gif
cheerleader-toss-2_zps02d34207.gif
football-2_zps2e1dfd93.gif
we-re-number-one_zpsdd803544.gif
wave_zpsaa569035.gif

tailgaters-2_zps7bf7aa23.gif
tailgaters-1_zps19ff59c6.gif

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my pops said he'll grab a square so giving him 19 for his bday :pepper:

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Money sent- 8-16-21-34- and #80 for Steve Largent and the WIN!

I'm slow and see 8 is taken. Change 8 to #96

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread