Things from childhood you still resent your parents for?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Hmmm. I thought this thread was going to be full of things that you all thought your parents did that ****ed with your minds and gave you whatever dumbass social disorders you claim to have.

Turns out all most of you are doing is bitching a whining about not getting enough GI Joes and Barbie dolls.

:shrug:

Yeah, that was the point of the thread. Silly things that you always wanted as a kid and never got etc. :poke:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I wouldn't say childhood, but it happened to me at 18 right after i graduated high school. My parent's were divorced, and my siblings and I always spent the summers at my dad's house. While i was there, my Mom gave away my dog. And didn't tell me until the day before i was coming home while i was at my college orientation. As soon as i got back i went to the SPCA and they said they never had a dog in the last few months that matched his description. I don't know what ever happened to him, but i'm positive she will never tell me what really happened, or why she gave him away. I haven't had a dog since because i feel like i'll never have another dog that will live up to the happiness he brought me.

MissGT23

Established Member
I wouldn't say childhood, but it happened to me at 18 right after i graduated high school. My parent's were divorced, and my siblings and I always spent the summers at my dad's house. While i was there, my Mom gave away my dog. And didn't tell me until the day before i was coming home while i was at my college orientation. As soon as i got back i went to the SPCA and they said they never had a dog in the last few months that matched his description. I don't know what ever happened to him, but i'm positive she will never tell me what really happened, or why she gave him away. I haven't had a dog since because i feel like i'll never have another dog that will live up to the happiness he brought me.

That is sad, how some parents can be shitty people.
To this day I complain about things sometimes, but seeing things like that make me think twice and that my parents gave me everything I wanted.

awful knawful

Established Member

Get yourself another dog. I thought the same thing when ours went to doggie heaven. Didn't have one for almost 8 years because no dog would be as good as Amber. Well we got Lily a little fruity Havanese. I take her everywhere. I find myself talking to her all the time. She sits on my lap and hangs out the car window. Yes I'm one of those guys with the fruitty dog hanging out the window of my shitty $1500 Corolla. Go get yourself a dog, it will be as good as before.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member

Holy crap I would've flipped the **** out if someone gave away my previous dog. They don't call them man's best friend for nothing, that's just ****ed up man. :nonono:

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
The only thing I ever resented was the places we lived. My dad never wanted to live in a normal place. He always wanted to buy a really cheap house in the country or something. We were not poor by any means. He currently owns 3 houses (MD, VA, and CO) and 160 acres in New Mexico.

I guess I just was mad because I wanted a nicer house like my friends. I should have been just happy that we had a house at all. Its hard to see things clearly when youre young. It didnt make sense to me that he would rather own 3 or 4 or 5 houses than one 1 or 2 nice ones.

Its easy to see now days I was just a bitch. Now that Im on my own I appreciate everything a lot more.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
In elementary school there was a place behind the school you could walk down to with a crossing guard and wait for your parents to pick you up. It was much easier than the carpool line for my mom. She was always 30 minutes late, almost everyday. We got out at 2:10. Well, one day I got tired of waiting. It was 4:00. I was 7 or 8 and began walking down the side of a fairly busy road. Made it about a half mile and a school bus stopped to pick me up. It was a high school bus. The lady took me home and notified the school. When my mom finally got to the school, found out I was missing, went to the office, found out I had tried walking, she came home and tore my ass up. I still to this day give my mom hell about this event. She says, "I was so scared you were lost." I reply with, "Good parenting 101, pick your kid up from school on time instead of leaving a 7 year old standing on the side of the road for two hours." As it turns out, she was talking to an old friend in the grocery store, or so she claims.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I remember I had like all the original power ranger zord toys and they went together to make the megazord. Anyways I loved that thing and my mom didn't think I played with it and gave it to Freewill...needless to say...I was pissed, I'll never forget that lol! Other than that I was completly spoiled lol.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Not letting me get a ****ing drumset because the ****ing middle school band teacher said I wasn't good at it at tryouts... Tryouts was the first ****ing time I picked up a pair of sticks. How the **** was I supposed to be good at it:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::mj::mj::mj:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I told my parents I wanted to join cub scouts, I got ignored. I told my parents I wanted to take Karate lessons, I was almost signed up for dance lessons instead. I told my parents i wanted to play little league baseball, I got signed up for piano lessons instead. :bored: And this is the kicker, during highschool, I got scolded from my parents for not ever wanting to have extra activities after school. :fm: I layed it to them hard and they apoligized and have never brought it up ever again. Atleast in jr. highschool I played basketball and Baseball in highschool.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I asked for rollerblades for 4 years and never got them. I tease my mom about that sometimes. I still to this day don't know why I couldn't have rollerblades; I'd always get something that was comparable in price.

Black Sex

Established Member
Not letting me get a ****ing drumset because the ****ing middle school band teacher said I wasn't good at it at tryouts... Tryouts was the first ****ing time I picked up a pair of sticks. How the **** was I supposed to be good at it:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::mj::mj::mj:

lol, anger or resentment?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I really have no issues with my parents or how I was brought up. Only thing I can think of, and its really just humorous to me now, is since I was a toddler my Father has had all of the parts necessary to construct a go-kart, minus an engine. Needless to say it never got assembled. I'm 25 and he still has all of the parts sitting in his garage. It has become a running joke in our family now if he'll have it ready to go by the time my parents have grandkids.

Last edited:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
my biological parents? Resent their existence. They are the only reason I would go against the morals taught in church.

My adoptive parents I love completely because they gave me everything including teaching me discipline and a work ethic. My father might have left huge shoes to fill but people with big shoes generally leave easy footsteps to follow

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
That is sad, how some parents can be shitty people.
To this day I complain about things sometimes, but seeing things like that make me think twice and that my parents gave me everything I wanted.

Think about it.,., how many people do you come into contact with that are complete morons.,.,,.,I will go out on a limb and say, a lot.,. well.,., they have sex and produce teh babies.,.,

Also.,,.when I was having a tough day having to deal with soo many idiots.,. I had a boss that woould say "brighten up., 50% of the people you have delt with today are below average.".,. To help put things into perspective lol and the same goes for parents.,.,

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I keep trying to think of something, but really there is nothing worth mentioning. I hate my parents for that.

Jim Snover

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I honestly can't think of anything at the moment that I would resent my parents for. I know there were many of things that they didn't get me that I wanted, but I guess I just got over it and didn't really care about it anymore after the fact.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

i have a feeling that your dog was hit by a car or something, and it was likely your mom's fault and she still cant tell you. like she accidentally left the door open and he ran out or something. that happened to me last year and i had to concoct a lame story. luckily we only had the dog for 1.5 days. i immediately replaced the dog with another one (that drives me nuts! my punishment!). my daughter's already been through too much in the past few years with dogs that i just had to do it. one day, when she's much older, ill spill the beans :read:

My Dad traded our 4-wheeler for a couple of damn horses, then made us feed and take care of them. I hate horses to this day b/c of it.

that reminds me of a buddy who's parents owned about 4 houses and kept them in their huge backyard/property. he and his brother had to care for them and he hated them lol. he said once his parents die the first thing he's going to do is go back there and shoot those damn things lol. obviously joking of course.....i think :read:

I also had the 8pm bedtime, summer time really sucked. But I also had the cool R/C cars, BB guns/real guns (age 6 or 7), the cool bikes, NES.
But....I also grew up in a single parent house with my dad who was an alcoholic untill the day he shot himself and Im the one that found him laying in the backyard when I was nine. I really resent that. You could almost say I hate him at times for putting me through that.

But I can say one thing, thing's will be different for my kids as they were for me

that's horrible man. :( and if he was going to do it, he could at least do it in a location where his poor 9 year old kid wouldnt be the one to make the discovery. :nonono:

Agentman

I Seent it
Established Member
I always had things I wanted, and my parents were very supportive with me playing baseball up through high school. They were just so damn overprotective, mom didnt want me watching pg-13 movies even when i turned thirteen wtf. I feel like I was too mature going through school and now Im too immature as a result. Also they never really talked to me about jobs or college, so after I graduated high school I didnt really know what I was gonna do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread