Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice lap Ben.

That's weird to watch the difference between you guys. Your throttle work seems quite a bit smoother.
You're absolute right. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the retired pro was driving in the first video. IMO Ben's shifts were noticeably smoother and quicker. I'm surprised at the fact that Andrea bested Ben. Just didn't seem that way just watching each video. That's a HUGE compliment to you Ben. Very nice track work! However has been teaching you over the years has done a masterful job.
1420214141324_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-2223344.png

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You're absolute right. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the retired pro was driving in the first video. IMO Ben's shifts were noticeably smoother and quicker. I'm surprised at the fact that Andrea bested Ben. Just didn't seem that way just watching each video. That's a HUGE compliment to you Ben. Very nice track work! However has been teaching you over the years has done a masterful job.
View attachment 1458548

Why thank you sir(s).

Andrea has many fewer laps at Thermal than do I, and he's also more comfortable throwing the weight of the car around to get it to respond. He's quicker in a few key areas than I am (e.g. entrance to the esses, entrance to the carousel). He was also on older tires, so he had to work harder to get his lap than I did.

All that said: 2 secs off an ex-F1 driver, on a long circuit like Thermal Full Palms, in a very demanding car like the GT3 -- nothing to sneeze at.

I'll cue up my Boss 302S lap next.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ben, you gotta have a favorite to drive on the track. Which car out of all the cars you've owned is your absolute favorite to drive around the road course?

Swine

Established Member
Ben, you gotta have a favorite to drive on the track. Which car out of all the cars you've owned is your absolute favorite to drive around the road course?
This question absolutely must be impossible to answer or qualified in an infinite number of ways.

...but still interesting

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

That is a tough one. Each is so different, and I learn something different in each one.

If I had to pick - the Ferrari 488 GT3 is the car I'd go racing with. It's a very physical car because of the high G loads, but it's very friendly to drive and gives great feedback; it has amazing brakes and a strong motor, and it has immense mechanical and aero grip. And it sets the best lap times of anything I've ever been in. It reels in lesser GT racecars like toys, waltzes by LMP3 cars, and even has A/C and ventilation for driver comfort. It really is an astonishing track weapon.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ben - this may have been covered but do you put track insurance on any of these things when taking them out to race? You obviously push these things pretty hard plus being out on track with other people (I think that would be a bigger concern most of the time as you go blasting past them lol)

Users who are viewing this thread