Why the heck are so many using ride-killing 20" wheels??

nfamous

Established Member
f6ac9c3f8d681abff3067a110a1fd1e0.jpg

01 cobra lowered on 19s 295 /265

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stang Lover

Established Member
I have 20's on mine no issues 19" should be the smallest on an S197. I'm not too concerned about ride quality if I wanted that I wouldn't be in a mustang. With that being said it still rides good on the road even with a street/strip set-up.

Slow Five-O

Established Member
Had 19's and 20's on my S197. No ride quality change and they look great. ‍♂️

I guess to answer your original question, people out 20's on their cars for the same reason you'd rather have 19's. They like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with OP - 20's are comically large on any Mustang IMO. I don't know that I would pass up a car just because I didn't care for the wheels though

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
lol @ anyone that buys a Mustang for ride quality. GTFO of here with that crap.

LOL, yeah, I must be frakkin' crazy. Imagine actually wanting to buy a car that I'll enjoy driving. Excuse me while I 'GTFO'.......:cool:

Troponin

Established Member
LOL, yeah, I must be frakkin' crazy. Imagine actually wanting to buy a car that I'll enjoy driving. Excuse me while I 'GTFO'.......:cool:

There is a reason why the Mustang is affordable; what it lacks in comfort it makes up for in performance. Ford was well aware of this, but to get it in to the price range for most buyers, they sacrificed a lot of comforts.

You do whatever you think you have to in order to make the car comfortable, and if something that makes the tiniest difference, such as going from 19s to 20s is going to do it for you, then go for it. I came out of a 2014 and went from 19s to 20s, and other than handling because I switched out the tires as well, there was barely any difference in ride comfort. It was still a Mustang, with poor comfort in the first place. I enjoyed it because it was cheap and fast, not because I thought it was comfortable to ride in. In fact, my family hated riding in it.

Beavis281

Established Member
I agree with OP - 20's are comically large on any Mustang IMO. I don't know that I would pass up a car just because I didn't care for the wheels though

I agree. I don't think I would pass on a car that I loved because of the wheels. New wheels are only a phone call away...

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Well, so far you guys have given me zero reasons (other than looks) for 20" wheels. Show me some proof that 'handling' is actually better with 20" wheels. Show me proof where lap times are reduced and then I will buy into the handling improvement of 20" wheels.

Zemedici

Established Member
Well, so far you guys have given me zero reasons (other than looks) for 20" wheels. Show me some proof that 'handling' is actually better with 20" wheels. Show me proof where lap times are reduced and then I will buy into the handling improvement of 20" wheels.

Ah yes I forgot every time I drove my car to work I was going for record lap times simultaneously :rolleyes:

08mojo

Established Member
What tires do the cars have that you drove? Just went from stock performance pack wheels on our 2016 to 20" wheels. New wheels are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports: 275/35 front and 295/35 rear. The new setup rides way better than stock and has more grip.

Tires can make all the difference.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have 20's on mine no issues 19" should be the smallest on an S197. I'm not too concerned about ride quality if I wanted that I wouldn't be in a mustang. With that being said it still rides good on the road even with a street/strip set-up.
^Truth.

Users who are viewing this thread