Why the heck are so many using ride-killing 20" wheels??

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
Many new edge owners go with 18's. A 35 series I think looks best with them to give a little more sidewall. That's the biggest I'd go on a new edge.
IMAG0457_zpspvs4hiez.jpg
That car is a beauty

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
Smaller wheels would look stupid on an S550. I can't even visualize that.
That's true those cars are made for it
But have you seen a guy put rediculous wheels on a new edge... it looks horrible
S197 and newer cars can handle the bigger wheel but as far as the older cars I think 18 is the sweet spot

Branhammer

Established Member
That's true those cars are made for it
But have you seen a guy put rediculous wheels on a new edge... it looks horrible
S197 and newer cars can handle the bigger wheel but as far as the older cars I think 18 is the sweet spot
Oh yeah the SN95's look like donks with 20's. If I'd kept my '96, it would have staggered 17's right now (9" fronts and 10.5" rears).

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'm not a trend follower, usually just the opposite. I use what I like, not the masses.
But to me, 18's look best on Terminators & 20's look best on a Shelby.
If the ride was TERRIBLE I'd probably not do it. But I can't honestly tell any difference..

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
Oh yeah the SN95's look like donks with 20's. If I'd kept my '96, it would have staggered 17's right now (9" fronts and 10.5" rears).

On mine I use to have 10th anniversary cobras on there , staggered of course, then I came across a deal on 2000 cobra R 18s and I love the look of those... they are chrome and I will either powder coat them silver or eventually re-dip them in chrome

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
I'm not a trend follower, usually just the opposite. I use what I like, not the masses.
But to me, 18's look best on Terminators & 20's look best on a Shelby.
If the ride was TERRIBLE I'd probably not do it. But I can't honestly tell any difference..

I'm about the same and some folks call me old... oh well

Riptide

Established Member
I run 17x7 and 17x10 welds on a 14 car. Like how it looks and the traction it offers. Would've done a 15 all around if it didn't need brakes for it. Not a big fan of the wagon wheels but it's a free country.

I may go back to stock wheels with a 275/45/18 drag radial on the street. The welds are getting dinged up fast from rocks and it's breaking my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread