'00 Twin Turbo Mustang GT vs. Ram Air Trans Am w/125 shot of Nos...

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
Running an HP Performance setup with twin 50mm hairdryers.
Stock internals with Diablo Chip.
Car has yet to see a dyno to be tuned. There are at least 35 more ponies in it with the 8psi
Making somewhere around 425 to the wheels:bored:
Frank

well you car runs good but 425 is pushing it on stock 2v

millerc73

Established Member
Maybe with a blower but not to much with the turbos... I've seen turbo/stock bottom 2vs hold together just fine with 450 + WHP.

Thank you, I've said that more than once! I'm not sure about the 2v motors but I'm pretty sure that they are about as strong as an 05+ and I've been pushing 450-500rwhp (depending on my mood) on my stang for over 12k miles and feel like it could go another 30k at least! Its about the tune, and for sure turbos are easier on the car than a supercharger.

SlwSVT

Established Member
That LS1 was raped hard! A twin turbo Stang is no joke. But 8#s of boost and/or low 400's is average for a turbo or blown Stang. That LS1 was a POS to get raped that hard. Really looks like he was not running the juice. If I was him, I would of not claimed the juice.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good Kill but i dont think he was spraying. A bolt-on and 125 shot ls1 should have around 450hp and 550+ Tq. If he was spraying i think he would of done a lot better.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
well i have seen 2v motor going at 420 hp yess i know its all in the tune but the internals dont know if it is a supercharger turbo or N/A its the power that blows the motor the rods just cant handle the power that they make. some ppl can just get lucky with theres but ones you hit a HP # over 420 they are a ticking time bomb.

now the 3v is a diff motor all together they can handle up to 500hp they just have stronger rods thent he 2v

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
well i have seen 2v motor going at 420 hp yess i know its all in the tune but the internals dont know if it is a supercharger turbo or N/A its the power that blows the motor the rods just cant handle the power that they make. some ppl can just get lucky with theres but ones you hit a HP # over 420 they are a ticking time bomb.

now the 3v is a diff motor all together they can handle up to 500hp they just have stronger rods thent he 2v

i dont think that totally correct. Im pretty sure the rods are the same as the 2v. Ive seen 3v rods and they looked like chicken bones...exactly what the 2v's looked like.....

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
i dont think that totally correct. Im pretty sure the rods are the same as the 2v. Ive seen 3v rods and they looked like chicken bones...exactly what the 2v's looked like.....

they may look the same but they are made much stronger then the 2v rods

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
Looks like a very weak LS1. As stated above he should be around 440-450whp, maybe a crap tune or just a shitty setup/car. Nice kill.

dirtybird91

Established Member
Hmmmm......

Also the HP kit comes with a K-Member which was an anvantage for me due to overall weight against the T/A.
I agree that the turbos are a LOT easier on the engine than a supercharger setup. The rods are not the only weak link in this equation when comparing turbos and superchargers. Superchargers not only rob about 50hp (due to parisitic(sp) drag on the belts) but they tend to reap havoc on the bearings. It is one hell of a load on the engine. Turbos may suffer from lag, but they tend to produce a shit load of a better torque curve throughout the powerband. My .02:poke:
I agree that I am pushing the limits with the hp that im making, but I believe with the turbos I can safely generate 50 more hp with the proper tune.:coolman:
Frank

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Also the HP kit comes with a K-Member which was an anvantage for me due to overall weight against the T/A.
I agree that the turbos are a LOT easier on the engine than a supercharger setup. The rods are not the only weak link in this equation when comparing turbos and superchargers. Superchargers not only rob about 50hp (due to parisitic(sp) drag on the belts) but they tend to reap havoc on the bearings. It is one hell of a load on the engine. Turbos may suffer from lag, but they tend to produce a shit load of a better torque curve throughout the powerband. My .02:poke:
I agree that I am pushing the limits with the hp that im making, but I believe with the turbos I can safely generate 50 more hp with the proper tune.:coolman:
Frank

it doesnt take away that much. And the pulley bearings are the last thing you need to worry about. just because its turbo doesnt necessarily mean your going to make 50 more hp...with the right setup a supercharged car can make just as much hp. The thing with turbos is that it makes more hp and torque down low, whereas a centrifugal will make the same hp or more on top end but you sacrifice bottom end. Turbos do make more torque but HP isnt much difference peak to peak...

fastbacon

Banned
i am not saying your stang is slow. but for the bolt ons and 125 shot that trans am was slow. he should have about 330whp all motor and than another 125. that would be 455 and anybody who has rode in a nitrous car knows how hard they hit. still good kill

<----02 ss 75 shot.....doesnt hit hard at all

dirtybird91

Established Member
it doesnt take away that much. And the pulley bearings are the last thing you need to worry about. just because its turbo doesnt necessarily mean your going to make 50 more hp...with the right setup a supercharged car can make just as much hp.

I agree with most of what you have written here, but the I never mentioned pulley bearings. I meant MAIN BEARINGS. Im sure Cobras are immune to this, being that they were made for this. The stock GT engine was what I was referring to, or engines that have a stock powerplant that is non-SC from the factory. Also I agree that a supercharged setup is quite effective with the proper setup, but the facts are that at the exact same boost level the Turbo tends to make not only more HP across the powerband, but GOBS more torque.:)

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
it doesnt take away that much. And the pulley bearings are the last thing you need to worry about. just because its turbo doesnt necessarily mean your going to make 50 more hp...with the right setup a supercharged car can make just as much hp. The thing with turbos is that it makes more hp and torque down low, whereas a centrifugal will make the same hp or more on top end but you sacrifice bottom end. Turbos do make more torque but HP isnt much difference peak to peak...

PSI VS PSI The turbo makes more "."
Nice kill. If you have not had it tuned be very carefull. You do some data logging of the a/f on the street to make sure everything is ok.

dirtybird91

Established Member
PSI VS PSI The turbo makes more "."
Nice kill. If you have not had it tuned be very carefull. You do some data logging of the a/f on the street to make sure everything is ok.
Thanks Man. I have been very careless. Nobody around me has a dyno, and I may have to travel as far as Atlanta. I am going to have the shortblock rebuilt with forged things soon anyway and I will also be getting some good heads. May as well visit the dyno after that... :rockon:
Frank

Users who are viewing this thread