'00 Twin Turbo Mustang GT vs. Ram Air Trans Am w/125 shot of Nos...

ChrisUlrich

Metallica
Established Member
Thanks Man. I have been very careless. Nobody around me has a dyno, and I may have to travel as far as Atlanta. I am going to have the shortblock rebuilt with forged things soon anyway and I will also be getting some good heads. May as well visit the dyno after that... :rockon:
Frank

You can't compare... to find an supercharger identical to spec of a specific turbo is damn near impossible. I'm sure a 3.3 Whipple would make more hp per lbs of boost in comparison to a 16g. haha

THAITED

Established Member
it doesnt take away that much. And the pulley bearings are the last thing you need to worry about. just because its turbo doesnt necessarily mean your going to make 50 more hp...with the right setup a supercharged car can make just as much hp. The thing with turbos is that it makes more hp and torque down low, whereas a centrifugal will make the same hp or more on top end but you sacrifice bottom end. Turbos do make more torque but HP isnt much difference peak to peak...

I thought that turbo and centri have the same power curve but once a turbo kicks in, there is no tomorrow. The one that make more power down low is twinscrews or a root blown.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Awesome kill. Good to represent the 2valves. Nice kill but, I would def. try to tune that ASAP. You may not have an engine if you wait til you have the heads and forged internals IMHO.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
it doesnt take away that much. And the pulley bearings are the last thing you need to worry about. just because its turbo doesnt necessarily mean your going to make 50 more hp...with the right setup a supercharged car can make just as much hp. The thing with turbos is that it makes more hp and torque down low, whereas a centrifugal will make the same hp or more on top end but you sacrifice bottom end. Turbos do make more torque but HP isnt much difference peak to peak...

I would have to disagree. # for # a turbo car will always make more power than a supercharger. Take for instance an Procharger F1 on an 03 Cobra. The F1 can make about 700rwhp at around 25# maybe a little more. A T-76 on an 03 Cobra at 25# can make a little over 800 maybe 850rwhp on 25#. 100 to 150 hp is a HUGE difference in power. And the centri blown cars have the most efficient type of supercharger. Roots and twinscrews don't even come close to their efficiency unless its a 3.4 Whipple or 2.8h KB. And even with that 30# will get those just over 700rwhp.

dirtybird91

Established Member
I would have to disagree. # for # a turbo car will always make more power than a supercharger. Take for instance an Procharger F1 on an 03 Cobra. The F1 can make about 700rwhp at around 25# maybe a little more. A T-76 on an 03 Cobra at 25# can make a little over 800 maybe 850rwhp on 25#. 100 to 150 hp is a HUGE difference in power. And the centri blown cars have the most efficient type of supercharger. Roots and twinscrews don't even come close to their efficiency unless its a 3.4 Whipple or 2.8h KB. And even with that 30# will get those just over 700rwhp.

What He Said!!!:rockon:

rubber duck

Established Member
<----02 ss 75 shot.....doesnt hit hard at all
That's cause you're pussyfootin' around with a 75 shot. grow a set and pill it up.:rolling:

That also was pretty weak for a bolt on nitrous ls1 to get walked like that by a 425 rwhp gt. A bolt on 125 shot ls1 has the power to go 11.7's all damn day.

BM1

Established Member
That T/A didn't seem sprayed at all. That should pull hard on a boosted 2V.

That video looked like a boosted 2V racing a bolt-on T/A.

BM1

Established Member
I also forgot to mention that your boosted 2V stock motor is a ticking time bomb.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

1996stang

Established Member
That T/A didn't seem sprayed at all. That should pull hard on a boosted 2V.

That video looked like a boosted 2V racing a bolt-on T/A.

:lol: The damn car had a dry shot on it no bottle heater thats why its so slow on the bottle. I know both of these cars hell i have rode in both and drove the T/A the mustang won fair and square.

dirtybird91

Established Member
:lol: The damn car had a dry shot on it no bottle heater thats why its so slow on the bottle. I know both of these cars hell i have rode in both and drove the T/A the mustang won fair and square.

Damn, I just came up with an amazing idea!:pop:
Maybe he would have done a hell of a lot better if David Hasslehoff had been driving!:burn:
Well, maybe not!:lol1:

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
hmm.. a friend of mine is building a lt1 ws6 with a forged eagle stroker kit i forgot how many ci it is 385 i think he said but its bored 60 over custom grind cam around 10.5/1 11/1 compression and hes throwing a carb on it msd and rear mount distributor hes had a mecloud twin disc and some 4.10's he has to throw in he was wondering what it would put to the wheels any ideas?

dirtybird91

Established Member
hmm.. a friend of mine is building a lt1 ws6 with a forged eagle stroker kit i forgot how many ci it is 385 i think he said but its bored 60 over custom grind cam around 10.5/1 11/1 compression and hes throwing a carb on it msd and rear mount distributor hes had a mecloud twin disc and some 4.10's he has to throw in he was wondering what it would put to the wheels any ideas?

Should be in the 500rwhp range....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread