00R on 2011 Bullrun Vegas - Miami

robiferretti

Established Member
Guys I just picked up a 00R to drive on this years Bullrun Rally from Las Vegas to Miami in 2 weeks. Here is my situation. I bought the car based on a local Ford Dealers assessment and had the car shipped directly from CA to Vegas, where I am going to experience it for the first time the day before the 4000 mi road trip.

I have all fluids being flushed on the car and had to replace front and rear pads and rotors. Also found out a PS line was leaking which had to be replaced (don't know if that was a common issue). Also putting new tires all around. Anyway here are my few questions as I have never seen the car in person.

Where do people mount gauges? any pictures? I want to put 1 or 2 gauges in but don't know where the best location to mount them are. A-pillar? if so can I just buy a regular 99-01 mustang a-pillar gauge pod? Is there a kit or plate to put them in the radio delete area? I am having the mods done at a Ford Dealer in Vegas and don't want to get billed excessive hours for customization time. I want the installs to be plug and play.

Also on the same point, I want to install a line lock, I know SLP makes a kit for the mustangs from 99-01 but will this plug and play on the cobra or is a different brake system set up from other stings from the same generation.
SLP Performance M25000 - SLP Performance Line Locks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Thanks in advance, i'll update here with pics and videos across the country.

-Rob

svtguy

Established Member
Just use 2000 mustang gauge pods. Here is a pic or my car. I open track my car necessitating the need for gauges.

I'd have the alignment adjusted to 99 cobra specs. The 00R has an aggressive front setting that may wear out the tires in 4000 street miles.

The fuel gauge in my R isn't very accurate. Never reads full or empty. I had my fuel cell completely empty and it took less that 20 gallons to refill it.

Paul.

Last edited:

robiferretti

Established Member
Don't forget to have a differential cooler installed :D

Thats why I am running the gauge instead. I am going to be mindful of the differential temp and just back it down when need be. I will install the Differential cooler myself when I get it back to NJ. I don't trust the dealer running custom lines and whatnot.

9secondlx

Established Member
4000 miles? 7 days? HOT Vegas to HOT Miami with NO AC in the summer.

that arm sticking out the window for air is going to be sizzlin. :pop: :pepper:

all kidding aside. I wish you the best of luck. i cant wait to see the pictures.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Don't forget to have a differential cooler installed :D

If he's driving the speed limit, or anywhere near it for that matter, he's not going to need a diff cooler, guaranteed.

check fuel cell for leaks and change the fuel filter

This would be my biggest concern, the fuel cell. Many of them leaked from the top. My attaching hardware was all loose when I dropped mine after it started leaking.

Good luck and have fun!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Have you seen the web site and videos contained within listed in his signature :burnout:

Bill S.

Bill:

I really didn't see anything in that video that is going to require a diff cooler. The diff will cool by itself while you're waiting for the cop to write the ticket! ;-)

Now if this was an Open Road Race then that's a completely different story. :thumbsup:

ekimv

Established Member
check fuel cell for leaks and change the fuel filter

This is a must! I had a rather fortunate experience with mine, a friend races late models at a local short track, he noticed mine drip two years ago and molded a brand new tank out of aluminum. Now I have a brand new fuel cell and the original for less than $700.00.

Good deal!

If it leaks and with the temps you are likely to be running, it has the potential to catch fire.

TFStang

Established Member
I would leave the front splitter off the car during the race. That thing will get destroyed on some of those challenges.

Best of luck!

robiferretti

Established Member
I would leave the front splitter off the car during the race. That thing will get destroyed on some of those challenges.

Best of luck!

Just want to clarify the self inflicted Brand confusion. Bullrun TV show from Spike TV has nothing to do with the actual Bullrun Rally. No challenges.

this video will give you a slightly better idea.
YouTube - ‪Bullrun 2011 Rally Announcement‬‏

its essentially a modern day cannonball run

Users who are viewing this thread