01 Cobra fully built - 04 looks - Turbo 700+ WHP

01-04Cobra

Established Member
Well guys, I haven't been on here in years, mainly because I distant myself from the performance world for a bit. Work has kept me at bay with traveling and new business along with the family.

Time has come and I can't see my baby parked in my garage with only an occasional kill adventure here and there. She's been garaged for too long and she wants to be driven. I will try to remember everything we did to it, but ask if you don't see on the list below.

2001 SVT Cobra
92,218 miles on the odometer (original), about 10K on the build.
Fully functional on everything, windows, A/C, Stereo, Power steering, etc. Nothing was deleted except for what came with the build. I had the transmission refreshed and upgraded to a Stage 2 level a couple of months ago when I decided to drive it again.

Here it goes:

Engine:
Manley H Rods
Diamond Pistons (stock compression) with molly plasma rings
Head Cooling mod
Billet oil pump
Heavy duty water pump
Hi Rev upper end (7500 RPM on current tune) comp springs
Entire block components were upgraded, head bolts, lifters, etc.

Transmission and Drivetrain:
04 Cobra T-56, freshly rebuilt with a "stage 2" level, new 2nd and 3rd gear, billet keys, bronze fork pads, FR Throw out, I believe it's a hurst short throw.
Clutch McLeod RXT with newly resurfaced disks
liberty input and output shaft
Moser C-Cips 31 spline rear Axles, Ford Racing 8.8" With carbon fiber Trakloc
75w synthetic oil always with Lucas in there
3.73 gears

Fuel System:
Return style
Fore fuel components - hat, rails, regulator, filter, hat with triple walbros
I believe 80 lbs injectors - not sure if I upgraded to 100, at a minimum these are the 80lbs that I got from Bosch
Car is setup for E-85 and 93 oct fuels
I alternate between the fuels every other tank fill

FI:
76MM Hellion Kit with Turbonetics ball bearing unit
custom made intake tube as you can see in pictures
Stock piping (here you have room for more power)
Stock Exhaust tubing size with magnaflow mufflers
Tial red BOV
Digital boost controller as in actual picture
extra pillar slot that I was going to use for nitrous gauge, never installed nitrous. Didn't need it...

Suspension:
Fully redone. it has BMR upper/lower adjustable arms
tokico illumina adjustable struts
MM strut adjustable plates
Tubular K-Member as needed for the turbo
welded subframes
FR springs

Interior - Stock, but it has never 04 cobra seats from a wrecked termi with 9,000 miles. These things are brand new and were just put in a couple of months ago when I had the tranny refreshed.

Exterior:
True Blue, some chips and dings, can barely notice. It's an 01' that has been driven.
04 Cobra Front bumper
04 Cobra Rear Bumper and trunk with spoiler
04 Cobra sideskirts
04 Cobra folding mirrors
HID Headlights and Foglights
04 Cobra rear brake lights (still have original 01 lights that will come with the car)
Stock 01 Cobra hood
Stock 04 Cobra SVT wheels - I love the looks and never messed with the wheels.
Car is quiet and sleeper looking until you step on it. It opens up and pulls like a freight train gripping the road and very stable. I didn't spare anything when I had this built. I'm sure I'm missing a few things from the list, but ask if think of something specific.

Powerwise, the car made 690ish on 93 and 780ish on E85 with 700-740 lbs of TQ. It comes with the SCT flasher so you can change the tune when you change fuels. No leaks, no noises, this thing is solid.

Took it to the tack once and was only allowed one pass due to no helmet, roll cage, etc. and I managed a 10.12 at 139MPH. That's on the exact same setup as now and the Nittos on the back . With better tires and a few better launches this thing can go sub 10.

Only things you will need is a new set of rear tires soon and dress up engine bay if you're into that kind of thing. I love this car, I have over $30K in it but I knew what I was getting into when I did it and I'm not expecting anywhere near that.

Best part of this deal? The price. All I'm asking is $20K or Best offer. PM me or ask questions, whoever gets this car will be extremely happy. I have destroyed so many high end and super fast cars with this baby that I can't even start a list.

20141226_161449.jpg
20141226_161503.jpg
20141226_161517.jpg
20150510_093007.jpg
20150510_092935.jpg

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
The last batch of attachments don't work.
True blue is one of my favorite colors, not often seen here.
Good luck with the sale sir.

NoviGT2000

Established Member
Super cool car. Love the build. If your interested in a 2.8H kenne bell car, let me know. We can work something out.

01-04Cobra

Established Member
I still have the car. My 2015 gt is almost done and I've taken the Cobra out to some shows and meets. Everyone tells me to keep the car, it's a beautiful car. Put it to some action and it took down everything in its path.

Hellcats, gt500's, z06, I'm still in love with it. Just haven't had a serious buyer yet.

Users who are viewing this thread