01 cobra vs 2000 camaro SS? who do you think would win

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SO POST UP PROOF!!

Fact is a 01 Cobra stock would do GOOD to run a 13.6. An A4 LS1 would do that with simply holding the go pedal to the floor. A M6 LS1 would go between 13.3-13.4 with a decent driver. Those are real world facts, not your bullshit online calculators. :loser:

This site has an 01 cobra thread, look at stock times, tons of 13.5's, 4's and 3's with a few 13.2's. no calculator needed.

You're winning so hard

ysa8a7e2.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You got you info from forums posts?.............

At 4300ft, track times tell me that motortrend's as tested times for a cobalt ss is faster than 03 cobras and srt8's, 13.8's vs 14's for those cars up here. I can't compare stock times up here to sea level times. Forums and YouTube are the only places ill see stock cars run fast. I've been along for roll races and seen enough dig races up here to know the outcomes though car vs car.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
This site has an 01 cobra thread, look at stock times, tons of 13.5's, 4's and 3's with a few 13.2's. no calculator needed.

You're winning so hard

You keep dodging my request. Post up proof of a stock 01 Cobra running 13.1 or 13.22 like you have said multiple ones have done.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Dude, I thought you had an 01. Its dark blue with ghost flames right? Whats going on with that car now?

It's a 99 and it's just sitting. We had our first about 2 years ago and it's going to be his car. So I'm going to wait until he is alittle older so he can help me with it.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
It's a 99 and it's just sitting. We had our first about 2 years ago and it's going to be his car. So I'm going to wait until he is alittle older so he can help me with it.

Wasn't it turbo'd? I know I give you shit for your great trolling capabilities lol, but that car is/was nice! Your son is going to love it:beer:

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
You're more delusional than tt335ci03cobra! :nonono: Some of the BEST runs from completely stock LS1 F-Body's are what the AVERAGE Terminator's run! :lol: :lol1:

You. Are. Cray. Son.

Mid to low 13's are what both cars run stock maybe you have watched too many youtube videos. I have seen several stockers at the track and nobody broke into the 12's off the showroom. What you read online and real world results are two different things. Now the Terminator can crush an ls1 for less then 500 bucks hence why I sold my Camaro for one.

willys srt8

Established Member
At 4300ft, track times tell me that motortrend's as tested times for a cobalt ss is faster than 03 cobras and srt8's, 13.8's vs 14's for those cars up here. I can't compare stock times up here to sea level times. Forums and YouTube are the only places ill see stock cars run fast. I've been along for roll races and seen enough dig races up here to know the outcomes though car vs car.

You should recheck your sources.

Quick Test: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS - First Drive - Motor Trend

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 Vs. 2005 Pontiac GTO - Sport Coupes Comparison - Motor Trend

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0405_2003_ford_mustang_cobra/viewall.html

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Wasn't it turbo'd? I know I give you shit for your great trolling capabilities lol, but that car is/was nice! Your son is going to love it:beer:

It was procharged/nitrous.

I sold the procharger and nitrous kit. Now it's just a longblock - the intake. I'm thinking either N/A build with a carb and maybe nitrous or it's going to be turbo with an auto.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I have never seen a STOCK 01 run any better than 13.4 at sea level. Thats just what I have personally witnessed though. Stock for stock, equal drivers....the SS should beat the Cobra.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Seriously? Dude I get that you like your car but step back and read/use a little reasoning. I'm not bashing srt8's bud, I'm saying that altitude makes na v8's run way slower.

Let me say it very clear bud, up here at 4,300 ft of altitude, bone stock srt8's, camaro ss gen 5's, c6 vettes and 03 cobras run bottom 14's at 102-105.

I can't compare those times or any times that I see with my own eyes in real life to times others are running at sea level otherwise I'd be way way off.

To clarify, up here, cobalt ss's run 14.9's - 15.5's stock depending on the driver. Obviously that's way off what the v8 guys are running.

My point was that if I compared motortrends times to what cars are running up here, the v8 cars are barely keeping up with sea level cobalts so obviously real world track time in real life aren't what I'm going to go off of because we are way to high up here for the times to matter.

I went turbo because of the shitty altitude, haven't looked back since.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As I said, I've been around enough roll and dig races up here locally to see how these cars run and I'm confident that a well driven bolt on/geared m5 01 cobra can beat an a4 ss. It's the cobras race to lose.

Honestly up here, ss's and z28's don't run as well because they are bigger motors. As altitude climbs, larger motors suffer more than smaller motors due to static losses and the inevitable physics of sparser combustion/friction losses/etc.

If the power difference between 01 cobras and ss's is ~30whp at sea level, it's probably about 24whp up here at 4300ft give or take.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So still no proof?

Jeez, you've got me... Shucks, I haven't dropped everything to find the threads that are buried in the new edge cobra section...

me7ejyvy.jpg

It must be impossibru to run those times.

I already have seen the times, if you need proof so bad, tax your time to the tune of an hour to look through the new edge cobra's threads. Bored.

I'm not going to go fishing for you, do your own search.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Jeez, you've got me... Shucks, I haven't dropped everything to find the threads that are buried in the new edge cobra section...

me7ejyvy.jpg

It must be impossibru to run those times.

I already have seen the times, if you need proof so bad, tax your time to the tune of an hour to look through the new edge cobra's threads. Bored.

I'm not going to go fishing for you, do your own search.

Next time don't start with the......

wait for it

bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread