01 cobra vs 2000 camaro SS? who do you think would win

Stopsign32v

Established Member
??? Are you getting at teksid aluminum block vs cast? Honestly, you aren't making sense here.

-seats are different
-shifter is different
-rear gear is different 3.27 vs 3.55
-interior option colors are different
-bumpers, spoiler, side skirts and rear bumpers are different
-rims and brakes are different

What more do you want guy, you're really nit picking at this point.

The owners manuals have slight differences, the base prices were slightly different, the Mach's were 03/04, 01 cobras were late 00's and early 01.

You could get a convertible 01 cobra but not a convertible Mach 1

The shaker hood on Mach's have a black vinyl decal, and black spoiler. Cobras don't have any two tone accents unless you ordered the gaudy cobra side stickers.

Next you'll tell me I'm clueless because I forgot the floor mats. Bored.

Main things that come to mind which you have not said anything about.....compression, heads, transmission..... :poke: You really don't know what you talk about. You've got an idea, I'll give you that much. Yet you only know enough to make a fool out of yourself.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Main things that come to mind which you have not said anything about.....compression, heads, transmission..... :poke: You really don't know what you talk about. You've got an idea, I'll give you that much. Yet you only know enough to make a fool out of yourself.

They run dead on the same times give or take 1-2 tenths dude, minor changes are irrelevant. With that logic, we can't consider fbody's all in the same class because minor changes happened each year. Give me a break.

Big difference is sra vs IRS and 3.27 vs 3.55, as well as minor cam/head difference.

The slight compression and transmission differences are negligible at best. They're both 3650's and pretty weak/breakable with 400+hp. I said you could get an a4 (4r70w, 4r75w maybe, cant remeber) in a mach1.

If there's slight changes to the Mach's t3650 I'd assume its slightly stronger. Big woop.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm surprised you're not used to everyone disagreeing with your point of view to be honest. :banana:

IMO this is all good fun, you and your buddy keep trying to troll and I just keep staying pat. I could do this for a week and not cave in to the troll roll.

ve2a6yja.jpg

You seem like you think I'm going to cower down to ya, good luck with that.

The op has long since abandoned this thread. It's become a pointless thread.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Cower down? For what? You have made so many failed assertions in here already you couldn't possibly cower from your position.

Recap?

- Stock 01 Cobra is faster than any a4 ls1 fbody
- if the fbody had cam, full exhaust the OPs cobra would have its 'hands full' and might lose
- short shifting an ls1 produces best results
- 106mph is a hero run for an m6 ls1 in mineshaft air
- takes bolt ons and a lid for an auto ls1 to trap 106
- Wallace race calculator
- auto ls1 cars run high 13s, low 14s
- auto ls1 cars have NEVER ran 13.1 stock

Seriously this is stuff you have said in the first two pages of posting... I don't have time to skim it all tonight but bravo on the troll. You gave Mystic a good run today!

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
On average, an a4 will lose to a well driven 01 cobra. If an a4 is trapping 106+, and racing a well driven 01 cobra in the same place, the 01 cobra will be beating it more times than not.

Ya hero runs have seen 107 and 108, we've gone over the -900da run. Getting stale man. Paint the pictures you want.

If you want to pile all your chips on hero runs vs average and poor runs, keep at it with ricer logic.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
M6's running 106's isn't uncommon, if I said that I obviously meant a4 and typo'd. I've stated from about the onset that m6's have been in the 12's.

I had no idea someone drove an a4 to a 12.950 in -900 da but honestly, a stock Mach or 01 cobra would be in the 12's as well.

Also, the op's car isn't stock so it's easily his race, whether he wins or loses is upto how well he can drive.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Guys in here with na bolt on 01's and 99's have talked about beating lid/cai fbody's, look back though. It is definitely a drivers race. The m6 is a faster car but a well driven 01 can out do a mediocre m6 driver. Same way a crazy good m6 driver can beat a shoddy 03 cobra driver pretty easy.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Short shifting an ls1 is the best way to get down the 1/4 mile the fastest. If you rev one out to 6500, you won't run as fast.

The guy in here who ran 12.9 m6 said he was shifting at 5600 because 5900 would come up super fast and it timed perfectly for his reaction speed to aim for 5600. I could be off 1-200rpms from what he said but I'm not going to go back and fish up his post just for you.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Quite a few a4 fbody's run high 13's to low 14's.

13.7-14.2 has been quite often repeated just like 12.9-13.2's for 03 cobras.

Have stock a4's ran 12.9-13.6 once or often enough? Sure. Is it the norm? No.

Have stock 03 cobras run 12.3-12.8 once or often enough? Sure. More often than a4 f's running 12.9-13.6? Yes, percentage wise all that much? Probably not. As common as 03 cobras going 12.9-13.3? No. Hell no.

Have both gone 14's and 15's with crap driving? Sure.

Sorry that I don't post up only about hero runs when talking about average times.

Only slip I had was quoting 01's as running 13.1's (many Mach's have and I mixed em up a bit) when it's more so 13.2'-13.5's when driven really well/great conditions.

Bored.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
They run dead on the same times give or take 1-2 tenths dude, minor changes are irrelevant. With that logic, we can't consider fbody's all in the same class because minor changes happened each year. Give me a break.

Big difference is sra vs IRS and 3.27 vs 3.55, as well as minor cam/head difference.

The slight compression and transmission differences are negligible at best. They're both 3650's and pretty weak/breakable with 400+hp. I said you could get an a4 (4r70w, 4r75w maybe, cant remeber) in a mach1.

If there's slight changes to the Mach's t3650 I'd assume its slightly stronger. Big woop.

In your world they might run 1-2 tenths but in real life it is far from that. Your AVERAGE 01 Cobra will run high 13's and a Mach 1 will be mid 13's. One thing I noticed with the Mach 1 vs the Cobra (stock for stock) was how much easier the Mach 1 was to get down the track. The only time I got to take it down the track when it was basically stock I ran 13.2! I got my 99 Cobra to run 13.5 stock but only after a few times.

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
Well ley me state this...full bolt-on/exhaust LT1's can beat near stock LS1's...it has been proven. My friend has a LT1 A4 that is full bolt-on/full exhaust, tuned and will spin all the way through 3rd. He has beat stock LS1'S AND mild bolt-on LS1 fbody's...With that said, i raced him in my 98 cobra will a catback, intake, and 4.10 gears...we did some rolls and digs...i pulled 1 car every time and it just sat at that until around 100, then we both let out. So, if he is stock i say you have no problem...BUT if your a vert, im going to say it will be REAL close. My advice!...GET THE HOLESHOT/JUMP...because that is going to determine who wins!

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Well ley me state this...full bolt-on/exhaust LT1's can beat near stock LS1's...it has been proven. My friend has a LT1 A4 that is full bolt-on/full exhaust, tuned and will spin all the way through 3rd. He has beat stock LS1'S AND mild bolt-on LS1 fbody's...With that said, i raced him in my 98 cobra will a catback, intake, and 4.10 gears...we did some rolls and digs...i pulled 1 car every time and it just sat at that until around 100, then we both let out. So, if he is stock i say you have no problem...BUT if your a vert, im going to say it will be REAL close. My advice!...GET THE HOLESHOT/JUMP...because that is going to determine who wins!

Yeah OP, still time for NT05Rs. :rockon: (those are tires by the way)

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Bad vid but a4 with exhaust and a filter vs exhaust, tune intake 01 with stock gears and a bolt on Mach.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/hwCuWPMTdNk

The 01 loses by a car but the Mach wins. The 01 couldn't launch well.

The op has more mods like 4.10's and 315's, while he'll be racing a stock a4. The a4 in this vid has about 15-25whp more than stock give or take with exhaust and k&n filter. It could just be me but I think the cobra had more in it with better shifts at higher rpm

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There are a bunch of vids like that one and in a lot of them the cobra wins. If you check that link, the 99 cobra vs z28 in the related videos link shows the 99 with only 2 mods put a car on the z28.

The op has a faster car but it'll depend o his driving to prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread