02 SS vs 03 cobra video!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
brad-- the road and the tempurature will effect how the tires will react. On some roads I will get on it and they will break loose, but other times I will get on it and it sticks. Also, he has the 3.1 upper, so the boost isn't spiking as high as the 2.80 and 2.93.

Z20what-- the last paragraph you posted. . was that your opinion or something you read on another post??

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Yea it was posted on LS1.com. And yea, they even had some replies like "the cobra has a blower, no fair, put one on the SS WAAAAAHHHH:whine:". Had some replies like:

Just a little issue of HP in favor of the Cobra:rolleyes:.......even out the HP and see where you sit :p

What would a N/A 404 RWHP F-Body do to that 404 RWHP Cobra?

I can't wait to see the (deer in the headlights look) when a '03 Cobra tries me. A heavily modded one at that!

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I dont get (SOME) of these 350 guys sometimes. You have an 8.3 liter Viper that pushes out 500hp, then they say "Well our 350 is more efficient per CI! Besides the Viper has 8.3 liters! What If we stroked ours out to 427CI's??". So then you have the 03 Cobra guys with there blown out 4.6'es. Then obviously the infamous "Slap a blower on the 350 and see what happens!". There always seems to be an excuse.

To those guys on there that say put a blower on the 350. Well if ya want to do that im going to have to see what I can get out of my cobra for the same price those guys paid for there Vortech or Paxton, 3 to 5k. When they say put a blower on the 350 and see what happens thats like saying Well lets see what a moderatly modded SS can do against a stock 03 Cobra! Its kind of silly.

I wonder what they think about these new Stock N/A Mach1's running around running solid mid to low 13 second E/T's out of 281 CI's as opposed to there 350CI's??

I guess that says something about the Mach 1's power ratings being under rated as well.

Last edited:

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
brad-- the road and the tempurature will effect how the tires will react. On some roads I will get on it and they will break loose, but other times I will get on it and it sticks. Also, he has the 3.1 upper, so the boost isn't spiking as high as the 2.80 and 2.93.

Z20what-- the last paragraph you posted. . was that your opinion or something you read on another post??

That was my unbias opinion on both sides of the court with regards to a lot of what has been said when comparing the cars.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Bah, we dont need a blown out 5.4 to handle those guys. Like I said the Mach1's N/A 4.6 has already more than matched the Stock LS1's performance.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, don't flame me but I think it's pretty weak and pathetic that Ford's special, high-end, most expensive models (read: Cobra) are being compared to a common mil of GM cars
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fords high end most expensive models? $34,750 is not that much, not much more than a brand new SS. So, you are saying the new SS and Ram Air are the common mil of GM? Then what about the cavalier and other gm cars like that, I though they were the common mil? Not trying to flame, :) it just surprised me when you said that its weak and pathetic that fords "high end" models compete with the common mil GM, but you have an 03 cobra :shrug:

NastyWS6

Established Member
And, don't flame me but I think it's pretty weak and pathetic that Ford's special, high-end, most expensive models (read: Cobra) are being compared to a common mil of GM cars

Fords high end most expensive models? $34,750 is not that much, not much more than a brand new SS. So, you are saying the new SS and Ram Air are the common mil of GM? Then what about the cavalier and other gm cars like that, I though they were the common mil? Not trying to flame, :) it just surprised me when you said that its weak and pathetic that fords "high end" models compete with the common mil GM, but you have an 03 cobra :shrug:

There is quite a bit of difference between the 03 cobra and SS in cost. You are ABLE to buy an 02 SS for 25k brand new. 10k is a lot of a difference IMO. The WS6 on the other hand is 30k, not nearly as much of a difference but still a very good sized one.

The bulk of the GM fbody guys will constantly bitch and gripe about the 03 cobra's for one reason or another, many of my friends have them, and the majority think it's an unfair comparison due to the blower. Personally to me you buy what you want, race what you want, and get your a** kicked by the better driver and faster car. nuff said.

Z20WHAT

Established Member

I don't think you are seeing what I'm saying. I almost see half a dozen SS/Trans Ams a day - even in Winter. I'm lucky to see 3 or 4 Cobras a month (aside from special events) even in the Summer months, let alone a 2003. Look at the production #'s. What I'm saying is that the Cobra is the higher-end, limited production model sports car, GM's is the Corvette, and not only that, the Z06 Corvette. Just on principal those are the cars we should be comparing. I'm insulted that some random punk 16 year old with their new Trans Am is all high and mighty because he thinks we should even be comparing cars.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
All you Chevy trolls need to quit trying to hype up your piston-slappin-oil-burning-clutch-smoking-rear-end-spitting-LSwhat?-powered-F'ed-bodies. Go to LS1.com if you want to do that, they'll appreciate it.

Get this though your bow-tie clouded minds, the 2003 Cobra is the best bang for the buck out there. The LS1 used to be. Not anymore. Nothing sold in the US under $50,000 can hang with a Cobra. Nothing.

Nice videos! Very high quality. I wish more 03 vids were that good of quality.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Nobodies really answered my question... Whats the F-body groups excuse for the Mach1's 4.6 being able to perform just as well as the LS1.

"Well ford cast a mystical spell over the 4.6 to get it to perform up to par with the 5.7! If we had mystical powers we'ed be able to get that much power out of a smaller engine too!"

Some of these fbody guys are so daft its beyond comprehension.
(No offence to you "NastyWS6". Your one of the good, realistic ones.)

Last edited:

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Hahaha, I love seeing LS1 guys bitch and moan about the '03 Cobra!!! LS1 guys, QUIT ****ING WHINNING!!!!!!! GO GET HEADS/CAM/NITROUS AND MAYBE YOU CAN RUN!!!! How come you don't whine about the Viper having 2 more cylinders/more displacement? Its the same damn thing. Adapt and overcome. We did! :burnout:

03CobraBro

Established Member
For kicks I'd love to see a project that takes a C5 that has the stock LS1 removed and a mach1 DOHC 4.6 dropped in. If the 3400 lb mach1 is running low 13's stock, I couldnt imagine what the C5 platform could pull off with it, esspecially since I imagine the DOHC 4.6 weighs a good deal less than the LS1 does. Let alone puting an 03 Cobra engine in one.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Nothing sold in the US under $50,000 can hang with a Cobra. Nothing.

I know you're probably talking about brand-spanking new, bone-stock, cars off the show room floor....with that said, isn't the Z06 about $46 - 52k? I think the Z06 would smack us stock for stock. Just my observations...

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
I know you're probably talking about brand-spanking new, bone-stock, cars off the show room floor....with that said, isn't the Z06 about $46 - 52k? I think the Z06 would smack us stock for stock. Just my observations...
Lets stay on topic. I don't care that

Last edited:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
2003 Z06 MSRP is 52,095. I meant to exlude the Z06 with the 50K number. How's 40K then? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread