02 SS vs 03 cobra video!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
2003 Z06 MSRP is 52,095. I meant to exlude the Z06 with the 50K number. How's 40K then? :)
No, you were right on with the $50K number. :thumbsup:

"I bought my Z06 for blah-blah-blah, got the Cobra for X,Y,Z,A-plan for blah-blah-blah, my uncle owns a dealership and knocked 110% off the sticker price, blah-blah-blah"...

Comparing anything other than MSRP is ghey, IMO...

Jack&Dee

Hey Guys,
Sorry for all that LS1 BS! I swear to god it sounded like a Honda forum. Same reason I quit posting in the DSMtalk forum. That was great kill in a sweet car. My fellow F-body had nothing on you. It was cool of the guy to race you, film it, and give you the vid though. That at least gives me hope that we are not turning into the import crowd. I would have chastised all them guys and started a big flame but they closed the thread. Run what you brung and you brung it all right. Nice looking board here too. Love the red on black.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Jack&Dee
Hey Guys,
Sorry for all that LS1 BS! I swear to god it sounded like a Honda forum. Same reason I quit posting in the DSMtalk forum. That was great kill in a sweet car. My fellow F-body had nothing on you. It was cool of the guy to race you, film it, and give you the vid though. That at least gives me hope that we are not turning into the import crowd. I would have chastised all them guys and started a big flame but they closed the thread. Run what you brung and you brung it all right. Nice looking board here too. Love the red on black.

Welcome aboard.:beer: :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Welcome aboard.:beer: :beer:
Ditto :beer:

Where are you in S.A.? I'm in the Medical Center area (Babcock & Prue Rd.). Maybe we can hook up at Harper's some Friday night. :thumbsup:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Jack&Dee
Hey Guys,

Your another one of the good ones. I just get carried away spounting off sometimes... I apologize If I offended you or anyone else on here :(

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Your another one of the good ones. I just get carried away spounting off sometimes... I apologize If I offended you or anyone else on here :(

No apologies necessary. Your hanging will be at 6 AM. :thumbsup:

ZO6 DUST

Established Member
Congratulations on your victories. The exhaust sounds awesome, a mean 60's sound. Nice launch from a stop, very strong from a roll.

:beer:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
No apologies necessary. Your hanging will be at 6 AM. :thumbsup:

6AM?? But My first class isnt till 1pm... Think you could atleast let me sleep in?

Hardtop

Established Member
Nice kills and video. You rolled on the Camaro hard in second. Looks like the SS was an auto which sucks from a roll. Didn't matter because you cracked him from a dig too.:beer: Congrats. Not all us LS1 guys cry the blower argument. Nothing stopped Chevy from putting one on but Chevy.:shrug: Not all of us need a blower either.:rolling: :coolman:

Bruce

Turboniam

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Ditto :beer:

Where are you in S.A.? I'm in the Medical Center area (Babcock & Prue Rd.). Maybe we can hook up at Harper's some Friday night. :thumbsup:

I'd really like to see your Cobra.... I haven't been able to see a Blue one in person yet, but I hear they look incredible!

Do you take the car out to any of the other spots besides Harpers?

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Off topic: But where r the post whores to bring this baby up to 100 :p

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
The vid link is dead, nothing to comment on... OBTW free post :lol:
Oh okay, i didn't know :shrug: So how 'bout them Yankees?!..how about another World Championship this year :-D

Hey 03DOHC..would u restate how much u liked the vid again..
..about 4 more times? :p

Last edited:

MarkWanc

Established Member
Not flamming anyone, but for what its worth, my local Chevrolet dealer (Ken Wilson Chevrolet in Vestal, NY) has a 2002 Camaro SS with most of the SLP stuff on it. It stickers for something like $37,800. Don't believe me? Here is the number: 607-729-6266. Call it! I think they are offering a rebate (it may be around $2 to $3K. That puts the car at $34,800. I am tired of hearing when these guys compare the SS Camaro to the '03 Cobra in performance they always say something like 'yea, but thats not an SLP equipped car', but when they compare prices, they use the no-SLP equipped car for price. As far as I am concerned, SLP is not stock equipment - its aftermarket. SLP is not owned by GM, infact they do work for FORD (Rangers) as well. My point is that any SLP equipped car is now modified what the factory created - just like Saleen or Steeda. I do have to agree that the SS in stock form is a formidible car. My friend has one and I think it rocks. Its just that I like the Cobra better as I love Fords.

Mark

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Turboniam
I'd really like to see your Cobra.... I haven't been able to see a Blue one in person yet, but I hear they look incredible!

Do you take the car out to any of the other spots besides Harpers?
There are "other spots"? ;-)

You have a PM...

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by MarkWanc
Not flamming anyone, but for what its worth, my local Chevrolet dealer (Ken Wilson Chevrolet in Vestal, NY) has a 2002 Camaro SS with most of the SLP stuff on it. It stickers for something like $37,800. Don't believe me? Here is the number: 607-729-6266. Call it! I think they are offering a rebate (it may be around $2 to $3K. That puts the car at $34,800. I am tired of hearing when these guys compare the SS Camaro to the '03 Cobra in performance they always say something like 'yea, but thats not an SLP equipped car', but when they compare prices, they use the no-SLP equipped car for price. As far as I am concerned, SLP is not stock equipment - its aftermarket. SLP is not owned by GM, infact they do work for FORD (Rangers) as well. My point is that any SLP equipped car is now modified what the factory created - just like Saleen or Steeda. I do have to agree that the SS in stock form is a formidible car. My friend has one and I think it rocks. Its just that I like the Cobra better as I love Fords.

Mark

Well put!!!

Users who are viewing this thread