02 SS vs 03 cobra video!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Stroker I misused. Sorry for the confusion.

Still looks like he's had some internal work. As have you.

You have some nice times.

Remember though that there are '03s in the 11s on street tires. Some of the modded ones are pretty tough, even compared to you.

:)

Hardtop

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I believe there's a race set up at E-Town with another chebby guy by an 03 owner here. What better time to be shown taillights than that? Would you like me to introduce you to him?

When is this going to happen? Its all good, I'm not afraid to race win or loose.:beer: Maybe I can get some of my buddies with their slow ass LS1's up there too.;-)

Bruce

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Hardtop
When is this going to happen? Its all good, I'm not afraid to race win or loose.:beer: Maybe I can get some of my buddies with their slow ass LS1's up there too.;-)

Bruce
Cool. Make sure the video camera's are present.:beer:

DaTruth

Established Member
The funny thing guys I like the new 03 Cobras. I happen to be a little too tall for that ride or I would have one as a daily driver and use the SS for racing. My engine is not a stroker. Stock cubes is 346ci for a LS1... I am going boost in the future and decided to set my shortblock up for that purpose. I am a street racer, but I have been to the track. I keep my times to myself to not tip the locals to what is KICKING THEIR AZZ.. I have Stage 1 heads so my horsepower #'s are only 421rwhp/390rwtq untuned.. With tuning and longtubes I am looking at 430rwhp plus. Did I mention I have nitrous as well..:D I am not worried about getting beat really. We all have to lose some time or another.. My car is setup for road racing, but I do go out and give test runs...

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by DaTruth
The funny thing guys I like the new 03 Cobras. I happen to be a little too tall for that ride or I would have one as a daily driver and use the SS for racing. My engine is not a stroker. Stock cubes is 346ci for a LS1... I am going boost in the future and decided to set my shortblock up for that purpose. I am a street racer, but I have been to the track. I keep my times to myself to not tip the locals to what is KICKING THEIR AZZ.. I have Stage 1 heads so my horsepower #'s are only 421rwhp/390rwtq untuned.. With tuning and longtubes I am looking at 430rwhp plus. Did I mention I have nitrous as well..:D I am not worried about getting beat really. We all have to lose some time or another.. My car is setup for road racing, but I do go out and give test runs...

Sounds pretty stout to me.

You have to realize that many of the '03 owners here get tired of hearing the lies that circulate outside the community. About how the '03 Cobras are slow even though stock for stock it's Z06 territory for 1/4 times. It gets under our skin on our own board from time to time.

I think some of them may have jumped the gun on you though.

Stick around. It gets better.

DaTruth

Established Member
Most of our Z06 drivers cant drive.. Our cars only need minor mods to run 12's. I have friends that have dropped the catback for true duals and headers and stuck some DR's on and run 12.6's to 12.9's at 110 on their setups. Of course these guys only weigh 170lbs themselves. Unlike my 280lb frame.. I still think that is fast. A Z06 should run low 12's all day, but I see many that cant even get into the 12's. That tells me that it is driver error.. Weight is a big killer for F-bodies and also the 03 Cobras. After that it is a traction game.. Usually it is who has spent the most $$$$'s win. 03 Cobra's have so much potential. Ford really did their homework on that engine.. Personally I would take that blower off and put on a T76 and ride out..:D

Hardtop

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
Stroker I misused. Sorry for the confusion.

Still looks like he's had some internal work. As have you.

You have some nice times.

Remember though that there are '03s in the 11s on street tires. Some of the modded ones are pretty tough, even compared to you.

:)

Hey I like the Cobras, thats why I post on this board. I give credit where its due, and Ford made the car while their GM was killing theirs.:shrug: Just some friendly b@ll busting. Trust me, my LS1 buddies get the same treatment, and they dish it out too.:beer:

Bruce

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I support Domestics in general. So we a go for this summer, Hardtop?

Last edited:

Hardtop

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
I support Domestics in general. So we a go for this summer, Hardtop?

Don't see why not. Tell you what, Cecil county is about half way maybe we could hook up there some time.

Bruce

DaTruth

Established Member
Bruce whats up man..? I think they think we do not run 11's on street tires..? Oh well.. Actually, I wish I could fit in a 03 Cobra.. I would have one, but 6 foot 7 inches and 280lbs does not fit well in Mustangs.. I will venture here often to get beat up. I like to check on the competition.. I am happy Ford realized that it would take forced induction Cobra to beat a normally aspirated F-body.:D By the way.. I like the new Cobra coming out..

OverToad

Established Member
Comin' in with good natured smack gets good natured smack....back :)
If you take it right, the story continues, and we all have fun. If you don't, you get run as a fraud, and the troll-patrol continues :D
If ya come in with the "other" kinda car, you gotta take your medicine ;-)
From there, it's the welcome mat :thumbsup:

DaTruth

Established Member
Now someone talk my buddy Aharon into getting his 03 Cobra modded. He keeps teasing me.. His AOL IM name is formulalnx.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
Comin' in with good natured smack gets good natured smack....back :)
If you take it right, the story continues, and we all have fun. If you don't, you get run as a fraud, and the troll-patrol continues :D
If ya come in with the "other" kinda car, you gotta take your medicine ;-)
From there, it's the welcome mat :thumbsup:
Damn O'Toad, you're on the money tonight!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread